Pierce, Stevenson fined $25,000 each for 'menacing gestures'

How could Pierce get fined but Al didn't even get a technical for literally getting in Pierce's face and taunting him? Thats ridiculous. What Piercedid was nothing, Horford provoked the entire thing. What a joke...

I find it kinda of ironic that Paul Pierce (who along with Baron Davis) was chosen by Magic Johnson to run the annual Midsummers Night Magic charity game that send minority students to college... is throwing gang signs. As good as it is to hold an event that helps some succeed in life...to indentify yourself with a group who has taken lives and isnt exactly the best kind of group to associate with.
what you say is true - he should have known better, but he momentarily lost it/got caught up in the moment. I'm sure he won't be doing itagain, though most of us will never forget this episode.

I dont understand why Stevenson did that anyway.. its not like they're going to win the series..

or are they?

Originally Posted by Marv Machamp

Originally Posted by NickDiggler

a9835b2febe3dfbf76eb196d93dc34d331a8598.jpg

Peep the 2 red baller band...Didn't he say only blue he wears is on the court?
laugh.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong but those red bands are for teammate Matt Barnes' mom, Ann Barnes passing away.
But yeah, Stephen better watch his gestures if he wants to stay on the court in the 2008-2009 season
laugh.gif

I still think he threw up the three for Boston.

LOL @ Stern and Tiger practicing.

Originally Posted by vanexellent

I find it kinda of ironic that Paul Pierce (who along with Baron Davis) was chosen by Magic Johnson to run the annual Midsummers Night Magic charity game that send minority students to college... is throwing gang signs. As good as it is to hold an event that helps some succeed in life...to indentify yourself with a group who has taken lives and isnt exactly the best kind of group to associate with.

Leave that stuff behind when you go pro. Dont know his actual involvement or loyalty to a particular gang but it still shows some sort of allegiance thats not very productive or responsible.

good post...can't say I disagree w. your sentiments...

also, what's the point of Pierce throwing a gang sign towards Horford? I mean are the "blood" powers going to go through his fingertips, zapHorford and made dude fall to the ground in pain? As the saying goes, "don't talk about it, be about it." Pierce = Bunz. He wasn't gonnado nothing....fugazi.

^thats what a non-thinking N' would do to try to scare someone into not messing with them, not realizing in the middle of an NBA game that holds NO weight
laugh.gif
...the %$*% gon happen, N's just gon rush the court or something?Horford was in his head crazy, you can tell they was a lil intimidated (dude need to calm down a lil bit tho, he's starting to remind me of Alonzo Mourningwith all that extra stuff he do on the court)....

he is throwing up bloods. which is a gang you can find in any black hood
indifferent.gif
we dont do that $$%!, dont nobody flag colors inThe D...

laugh.gif
@ Double Js...."wanna ball like Paul Piere, I Benzino you up"..
No doubt, Paul Pierce wasn't saying nothing when he was getting stabbed up back in the day, chump move to say the least on his part. Also,I'm glad they fined Deshawn Stevenson, they should fine him more as far as I'm concerned. He's one of the main reason the Wizards are going tolose that series. Running his mouth too much and not being able to back it up.

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

^thats what a non-thinking N' would do to try to scare someone into not messing with them, not realizing in the middle of an NBA game that holds NO weight
laugh.gif
...the %$*% gon happen, N's just gon rush the court or something? Horford was in his head crazy, you can tell they was a lil intimidated (dude need to calm down a lil bit tho, he's starting to remind me of Alonzo Mourning with all that extra stuff he do on the court)....

indifferent.gif
we dont do that $$%!, dont nobody flag colors in The D...

co-sign....when I saw Pierce throwing up the signs, I was like "really?" Throwing up gang signs in a middle of a playoff game is as intimidatingas tony parker threatning to throw a punch. Again....BUNZ

also, what's the point of Pierce throwing a gang sign towards Horford? I mean are the "blood" powers going to go through his fingertips, zap Horford and made dude fall to the ground in pain? As the saying goes, "don't talk about it, be about it." Pierce = Bunz. He wasn't gonna do nothing....fugazi.
Pretty much
laugh.gif

I mean Paul, you're 10 years in the league...when's the last time you even been out there? High School?

As far as Boston hood's go....it's well known Rappers/Athletes DO NOT mix in well....he learned his lesson

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

laugh.gif
...the %$*% gon happen, N's just gon rush the court or something? Horford was in his head crazy, you can tell they was a lil intimidated (dude need to calm down a lil bit tho, he's starting to remind me of Alonzo Mourning with all that extra stuff he do on the court)....

indifferent.gif
we dont do that $$%!, dont nobody flag colors in The D...

Unless they really REALLY lame... or you on The Hit Squad... We rep that Black and Gold all didday
laugh.gif

Question: Since everyone and their mother pretty much knows what Pierce's "menacing" hand gestures meant, does he (Pierce) stand to lose anyendorsements due to his blatant display of gang allegiance? Obviously there are PLENTY of athletes who rep gangs/etc...however, how bad of a look is it tocorporate america (your endorsers) when you are throwin' up signs? I've heard rumors that Pierce was affiliated, but this was the first time I'veseen him rep his gang. Has he done this in the past, or has he just gotten cocky since his squad is good this year?

Back
Top Bottom