Pistons to retire Rodman's No. 10 on April Fool's

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

i think his number should be retired, but not by the pistons. by the bulls. cause when he played in detroit he had a totally different role than he had in chicago...i remember him more for his antics and rebounding skills that got the bulls a championship. jordan and pippen were the top 2 players, but without rodman im not so sure they would've gone 72-10 or win the championship

True i mean he actually had some srt of offense with the pistons, and his only focus was rebounding. With the bulls his specific role purpose was defend the bigs and rebound. One would say he was a better player via bulls then pistons atleast from a defender standpoint.
Hmmm, I have to disagree. They even talked about this on several radio stations the day this news announced. Rodman with the pistons was a better defender then he was with the Bulls. This was noted by guys who covered the Bulls during the Bad Boys days and the second three peat.

I don't agree that it was a huge difference, but with the Pistons he was a better defender.
I think he was seen as a better defender then, because he was guarding guys like Magic, Bird, Pippen, Drexler, Nique, etc. But he also held it down on some of the league's best power forwards & centers. Guy was alot stronger than he looked.

Originally Posted by babyface34

Originally Posted by LDJ

i think his number should be retired, but not by the pistons. by the bulls. cause when he played in detroit he had a totally different role than he had in chicago...i remember him more for his antics and rebounding skills that got the bulls a championship. jordan and pippen were the top 2 players, but without rodman im not so sure they would've gone 72-10 or win the championship

True i mean he actually had some srt of offense with the pistons, and his only focus was rebounding. With the bulls his specific role purpose was defend the bigs and rebound. One would say he was a better player via bulls then pistons atleast from a defender standpoint.
Hmmm, I have to disagree. They even talked about this on several radio stations the day this news announced. Rodman with the pistons was a better defender then he was with the Bulls. This was noted by guys who covered the Bulls during the Bad Boys days and the second three peat.

I don't agree that it was a huge difference, but with the Pistons he was a better defender.
I think he was seen as a better defender then, because he was guarding guys like Magic, Bird, Pippen, Drexler, Nique, etc. But he also held it down on some of the league's best power forwards & centers. Guy was alot stronger than he looked.

Iuno because with his time with the bulls he did double his offense/defensive rebounds and his overall totals. his dpoy was with the bulls. And he night in/out defended the opponents pf/c. Malone,shaq,ewing, etc esp.. malone. Lol at him grabbing his crotch and squeezing his butt after grabbing boards over him. The homophobic in Malone use to get hot everytime.

Originally Posted by babyface34

Originally Posted by LDJ

Iuno because with his time with the bulls he did double his offense/defensive rebounds and his overall totals. his dpoy was with the bulls. And he night in/out defended the opponents pf/c. Malone,shaq,ewing, etc esp.. malone. Lol at him grabbing his crotch and squeezing his butt after grabbing boards over him. The homophobic in Malone use to get hot everytime.

Back
Top Bottom