**PITBULL OWNERS COME IN!**VOL.Exercises?

Yo whats good Pit owners,

I recently got a Pitbull, and it comes from very VERY muscular parents.

I was wondering how early can i start working it out to make it look like them???

And what are good exercises??? heavy rope? dragging stuff?

Furthermore, Where can i crop the ears? cost?...

Thanks For Any Info NT..

and here she is Lola
o9flz4.jpg

Yo whats good Pit owners,

I recently got a Pitbull, and it comes from very VERY muscular parents.

I was wondering how early can i start working it out to make it look like them???

And what are good exercises??? heavy rope? dragging stuff?

Furthermore, Where can i crop the ears? cost?...

Thanks For Any Info NT..

and here she is Lola
o9flz4.jpg

Start weight training him after a year old anything before then is too early. You can buy a weighted vest online for him and then add weight to it and walk him.

Start weight training him after a year old anything before then is too early. You can buy a weighted vest online for him and then add weight to it and walk him.

High protein diet, I used to buy frozen sliced grilled chicken breast and heat up a couple slices and put in with his dog food.

Also when he gets older, give him large breed dog food too.

And of course walks and exercise are key, just don't get him one of the harnesses either n

High protein diet, I used to buy frozen sliced grilled chicken breast and heat up a couple slices and put in with his dog food.

And of course walks and exercise are key, just don't get him one of the harnesses either n

Originally Posted by MaZA4eVeR14

this is good advice. But since he is not a year yet i would suggest focusing on the training more than anything else. You dont want your pit to "suddenly" maul someone after you get it to your desired size. While it is still young you need to do things like: take its bowl away while its feeding so that it doesn't develop a habit of protecting its bowl. Grab and pull on it's tail and other parts of the body. Any spot that it doesn't want you to touch or grab. This way,when it's older it doesnt attack someone because they touched it, in a spot that it is not used to being touched(loose skin at the hind legs, grabbing the paws) And as others have suggested, don't crop its ears. Hope this helped

Here is my Pit. She is a blue fawn.

Originally Posted by MaZA4eVeR14

this is good advice. But since he is not a year yet i would suggest focusing on the training more than anything else. You dont want your pit to "suddenly" maul someone after you get it to your desired size. While it is still young you need to do things like: take its bowl away while its feeding so that it doesn't develop a habit of protecting its bowl. Grab and pull on it's tail and other parts of the body. Any spot that it doesn't want you to touch or grab. This way,when it's older it doesnt attack someone because they touched it, in a spot that it is not used to being touched(loose skin at the hind legs, grabbing the paws) And as others have suggested, don't crop its ears. Hope this helped

Here is my Pit. She is a blue fawn.

He's a little pup now so just have fun with him getting a good bond is key right now . as he get older Handwalking , Flirtpole and springpole work will be great for him . As far a weight work goes wait till he develops more around 15-18mo old as weights are tough on joints and if done too long very hard on the kidneys . JaySrcrak thats poor advice the dog isnt gonna maul anybody a dog is only going to do what its trained to do or allowed to do there for you have to correct the behavior early . They key is Socialization, OP find a APBT board and read a few books so you can know the history and things that the APBT can do . Good luck and have fun with your pup

funny thing about that Vick picture hes not even holding a APBT lol

He's a little pup now so just have fun with him getting a good bond is key right now . as he get older Handwalking , Flirtpole and springpole work will be great for him . As far a weight work goes wait till he develops more around 15-18mo old as weights are tough on joints and if done too long very hard on the kidneys . JaySrcrak thats poor advice the dog isnt gonna maul anybody a dog is only going to do what its trained to do or allowed to do there for you have to correct the behavior early . They key is Socialization, OP find a APBT board and read a few books so you can know the history and things that the APBT can do . Good luck and have fun with your pup

funny thing about that Vick picture hes not even holding a APBT lol

my brothers adopted a pit with cropped ears and the previous owners went way too far with it. Dog literally has no ear flap.

my brothers adopted a pit with cropped ears and the previous owners went way too far with it. Dog literally has no ear flap.

Jays your dog looks exactly like a female version of mine.

Here's an older pic of my boy Gucci:

He's about 11 months old now and that pic was taken quite awhile ago back when he was like 6 months I'd guess.  I need to take some more recent pics.

Jays your dog looks exactly like a female version of mine.

Here's an older pic of my boy Gucci:

He's about 11 months old now and that pic was taken quite awhile ago back when he was like 6 months I'd guess.  I need to take some more recent pics.

worry about socializing him first........order a pulling harness and waight sled from bullyempire but no training till atleast a year

worry about socializing him first........order a pulling harness and waight sled from bullyempire but no training till atleast a year

Back
Top Bottom