PITTSBURGH PEOPLE....Help me out!

I'm living here for school in Oakland...
Where are some good spots to go to eat on weekends more towards the city...?

What spots would be good for NFL Sundays, bars to hit, or resturants where I can catch a lot of games?

Things to do on the rivers or stuff in the city... 
nerd.gif

Help's appreciated.

Used to live in Pittsburgh a long time ago so I don't know the latest hot spots however check out Store 412 if you haven't already. Thier site/blog is here. Oakland has changed so much since I lived there. Have fun dude.

I just remembered the name of a mall out in the burbs of Pittsburgh called the Monroeville mall. There website is here. Not sure if you have transportation to get out there or not. When I lived there, it was a pretty nice mall. I think there's an Ikea on the outskirts of the mall too. I looked over their store list & it looks like it's still a decent mall. Sorry I couldn't provide places with good eats, drinks, where to find chicks, etc...Hoped you become a Steelers fan. I've been one for a looong time. Good luck dude.

Hit up Primanti Brothers. I think you have to do that at least once.

I went to check out the University of Pittsburgh for law school a couple of years ago, and we stayed in the downtown. Plenty of small little bars that you can watch the games at. The downtown shuts down though besides bars/restaurants. Seemed like not a whole lot to do after like 8pm.

Head to the North shore on game day whether the steelers are home or away. You won't fail. Bettie Grille 36 is a good look. The south side is a good look east Carson St Fat heads will definitely have games. Primantis is a Burgh staple. As far as shopping not much in the city but Ross Park Mall off McKinght Rd in the burbs is nice. Quaker steak and lube last I checked is right there in Oakland (Man vs Food) right now they'll also have games. Bars & hang outs you don't even have to leave Oakland but Southside & Strip district will gibe you plenty to do. Turn Travel channel on now! It's Man vs Food Pittsburgh

Yeah, there isn't too much to do here to be honest 
laugh.gif

I'd skip Monroeville Mall, its changed a ton over the past few years and its pretty much garbage. A decent spot for shopping would be on your way to the airport, the Mall at Robinson. Tons of stores and restaurants. Also if you are looking for nightlife, check out Station Square. Bar Room is pretty decent along with Whim....there is a strip of about 4-5 clubs connected so you can pretty much go from room to room to hear the different music/see the different crowds. For Steeler games check out Southside 86, Jerome Bettis Grill, or my fav McFaddens. If your just looking for bars to see what you like best, head to East Carson street in the South Side, there's a bar like every 3 doors
laugh.gif

If you're into football and the Steelers even a little bit, go to a game...its an experience like none other.

Im assuming since you're here for school you will be around for St. Patricks Day....i know its premature but you gotta check out the parade here, fun times. Again if you're into the whole Irish thing or are Irish this weekend is the annual Irish Fest @ the Riverplex (Sandcastle) at the Waterfront in Homestead. Oh yeah check out the Waterfront too, a few places to shop, an Improv comedy club and across from it is Sing Sing (a karaoke dueling piano bar) and some dope restaurants...especially around Christmas time with the lights its
pimp.gif

With Halloween coming up check out Phantom Fright Nights at Kennywood, its a nationally known amusement park thats pretty dope for Halloween.

If you need more specifics of what to do feel free to ask, i've been living here all my damn life
laugh.gif

Nightlife- southside or the strip. But like dude said the improv is good for an enjoyable night(depending on who's here) they have a b.s. two drink minimum but w/eGameday- I'm not sure I'm either at the crib or over a friends but I'm sure there's somewhere in the south that can suffice. like dude said it's a street full of barsShopping- Ross park is probably the best mall in the city. But there are also boutiques on the south side, one downtown and one in east liberty.

Nakama is a nice "lounge %$@ spot" with plenty of sights. How can I forget Shadyside Walnut St & Ellsworth. Also hit MadMex & Buffalo Blues on South Highland Ave (sports bars, Buffalo Blues definitely has the Sunday ticket). Time bomb is a tight shop like 412, also Sneaker Villa. Settlers Ridge thru the Fort Pitt tunnel has some spots. Eatery movies & hangouts. If you like burgers the best burger hands down in the city, id put money down and say best on the east coast is at Tessaros in Bloomdield.

I'm from the west coast, grew up in PGH left moved to the South and came back. I'll semi cosign it's not super crackin here if your comparing it to places like NYC MIA LA or stuff like that. But Pitts what u make of it. Blue collar town thrives off our sports, especially the Steelers. I wouldn't trade my upringing for anything in the world.

Fuel & Fuddle is half off after 11 PM. Good wings. Get the jerk wings. Sweet Potato fries as really good too.

Primanti Brothers, even though I don't care too much about them.

Pamela's. Breakfast food. Nice pancakes.

So SCuse7, it looks like you got a start. Post back & tell us what you liked & didn't like. If you do get to Store 412, let me know how it is... It looks like they got good product there...

Yeah I've been here for a few weeks, and I've hit up the obvious stuff like Primanti bros, Pamelas diner...both were good. The people here are all nice as hell

I'll probably just head to strip district sunday for football and see what I can find...and I already have tickets to Ravens @ Steelers, and Patriots @ Steelers
pimp.gif

And I'm going to store 412 tomorrow and the strip district, I'll let you know how it is.

Back
Top Bottom