Pittsburgh Pirates and Texas Rangers unveil their new uniforms

20090123sm_pirates_uniforms_500.jpg

The Pittsburgh Pirates today unveiled their complete lineup of jerseys for the 2009 season, which includes a new black alternate jersey as well as theaddition of sleeves to the team's home white and road gray jerseys. The sleeveless white pinstripe jerseys that the Pirates wear on Sundays at home, aswell as the team's batting practice jersey, remain unchanged for 2009.

The new alternate jersey, which will be worn on select home and road games throughout the season, is a solid black, button-down jersey featuring the classicgold "P" prominently displayed on the left chest. The player's number is displayed in gold on the right lower front of the jersey, with the nameand number displayed on the back. Both sleeves feature gold piping, while the right sleeve displays the Pirates "Jolly Roger" logo.

The addition of sleeves to the Pirates' primary home and road jerseys marks the first time the Club has had sleeves on its uniforms since the 2000season. The Pirates' return to sleeves on their primary home and away uniforms is a return to the uniform style of four of the Club's five WorldChampionship teams.

699-josh.embedded.prod_affiliate.58.jpg

357-rangers_blue.standalone.prod_affiliate.58.jpg

The Texas Rangers unveiled their new uniforms today and red is back as an alternate jersey.

"We are very pleased with the new look that our 2009 uniforms will provide," Rangers president Nolan Ryan said. "We will have some great alternatives with blue and red jerseys to go with our more traditional home white and road gray tops. We will have consistency with all of our uniform tops with 'Texas' across the front. I think all fans will like the new designs."

The Rangers will wear the red jerseys only at home games and on special occasions. They will be worn Opening Day and for Saturday night games. Ryan also said they would be worn during a special Red Out weekend.

Some fans see red as a good-luck charm. The Rangers' only three divisional titles, in 1996, '98 and '99, came with red as the primary color.

*No news yet out of Pittsburgh on whether they will announce 2009 tickets will be free to fans who have stuck through their MLB-record tying 16-straight losing seasons.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

*No news yet out of Pittsburgh on whether they will announce 2009 tickets will be free to fans who have stuck through their MLB-record tying 16-straight losing seasons.
laugh.gif

They had Ollie Perez and Nady, and traded them both away. Shame.

I like the Pirates' uniform, now all they have to do is win some games.

Rangers could have been more creative with their uniforms, Red, White and Blue... You can do so much with those colors, they need more creativity.

All five of the Rangers uniforms say TEXAS on the chest...
laugh.gif
They don't have RANGERS on any of them...
Rangers could have been more creative with their uniforms, Red, White and Blue... You can do so much with those colors, they need more creativity.
I like plain uniforms, as I do in every sport... But they do need to change things up some... Change the font, get new hats, something...

I like the red though
pimp.gif
... Gotta cop that hat as soon as it hits stores...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I like the red though
pimp.gif
... Gotta cop that hat as soon as it hits stores...
yup.
pimp.gif

i like both sets...glad your boys didn't change it up too much since i bought that Hamilton shirt.

Pirates have one of the best uniforms in the majors. New Rangers unis are laughably terrible.

if I was the type of guy to buy a jersey from a team I don't directly root for, a Pittsburgh Pirates sleeveless home jersey would be the one I would rock.
my favorite uni in the majors. I like the sleeveless home without the pinstripes though

-J-

both look good, i've always liked red jerseys.

i love that the yanks keep tradition but i'd like to see them in some kind of alternate uni's sometimes .....

Don't really watch baseball, but looks like the same %$@! to me. Now, if the pirates would've wore black pants with that black shirt
eek.gif
But nope, nice colors, but typical boring uni's

any close up pics on the new pitts alternate cap? at least i heard they were getting a new hat...
and does that mean theyre eliminating the black with yellow P and red brim cap? that hat was
pimp.gif
, one of the best in the MLB...

cant really tell that they are new.... it would have been tight it they got like a whole new logo and stuff ....captain jack sparrow FTW

Back
Top Bottom