PIXAR & DISNEY ANIMATIONS FILM thread - Pixars INSIDE OUT 2 out now

That 98% for TS3 is probably because of the emotional journey people went through with it.

Man still crazy how much joy I felt when they got saved

and then they give you another heartwrencher in the end when the lil girl pulls out woody out of the box and andy just had the realization that he had to let him go...

I watched Toy Story 3 last night for the first time since I saw in theaters nine years ago and that entire third act as emotional as hell.

I haven't watched 3 since I saw it in theaters either, gonna probably watch all 3 later on this week

D9bvYu1VUAURbop.jpg:large

Ever wonder where your passion, your dreams and your interests come from? What is it that makes you… YOU? In 2020, Pixar Animation Studios takes you on a journey from the streets of New York City to the cosmic realms to discover the answers to life’s most important questions. “Soul” is directed by two-time Academy Award® winner Pete Docter (“Up,” “Inside Out”) and produced by Academy Award® nominee Dana Murray (“Lou” short).

Disney & Pixar’s “Soul” arrives in theaters on June 19, 2020.

Ever wonder where your passion, your dreams and your interests come from? What is it that makes you… YOU? In 2020, Pixar Animation Studios takes you on a journey from the streets of New York City to the cosmic realms to discover the answers to life’s most important questions. “Soul” is directed by two-time Academy Award® winner Pete Docter (“Up,” “Inside Out”) and produced by Academy Award® nominee Dana Murray (“Lou” short).

Pete Doctor is the GOAT of Pixar :pimp:

Oh, this is going to be MORE introspective than Inside Out?? F___.

I’m in.

Wait
So we getting 2 Pixar films next year????
:pimp:

I went and saw Toy Story 4 tonight.

It was good. The last act wasn't the emotional wreck that previous film was, but it felt the actual end for the series.

The computer animation was amazing.

This was probably the funniest of the series, not the emotional wreck of TS3, but definitely hits the beats that adults have come to appreciate with this saga of animation.

Pixar was flexing the entire with the animation in this. Some of the effects and shots were incredible for CGI.

Toy Story 4 - 6.7/8

Pixar reached into their old bag of tricks and used the opening sequence heart tugger they like to use occasionally with the flashback of Woody having to choose his responsibility to Andy over a life with Bo. They really set the movie up to be Woody’s story from that point forward.

Animation was amazing. Especially with those freaky *** ventriloquist dolls. Those things had me dying with the way they moved and interacted. :lol:

Jokes were there. The callbacks were there. The life pondering themes were there. The adventure was there. Plenty of little Easter eggs sprinkled throughout if you like that sort of thing. Key & Peele’s characters brought the biggest LOL moment for me throughout the whole movie. You’ll know what I’m talking about when you see it. Had the whole theatre cracking up.

The full circle conclusion of Woody choosing to stay with Bo this time and saying goodbye to the gang didn’t pull at your heart the way 3 did but I think that has more to do with all the history we as an audience built with the Andy relationship and the fact that we thought they were all going to die at one point. :lol:

Best Pixar sequel since TS3. Oh yeah, at least 3 little kids busted out crying at different points nearing the end of the third act. :rofl:

and then they give you another heartwrencher in the end when the lil girl pulls out woody out of the box and andy just had the realization that he had to let him go...
I watched Toy Story 3 last night for the first time since I saw in theaters nine years ago and that entire third act as emotional as hell.

Having recently watched wall-e again.. really is a toss up at which is more emotional: everything with wall-e at the end and then you think he might be gone even after eve is able to fix him, the ending of ts3 or the beginning of up

watching this tomorrow at 9:30am... i know mad early but tickets were cheap for matinee lol... got my drink on deck too

Back
Top Bottom