Players who were "never the same." NOT because of injury.....

With baseball season here, I was thinking about Chuck Knoblauch's struggles in the field while with the Yankees.  Routine throws from 2nd to 1st became adventures. I guess you could say it was "over-thinking," but dude was a disaster. I don't know what happened to him, because these throwing problems weren't apparent when he was with the Twins.

This brings me to my second example:

6 years later...even knowing the outcome, this **%$ is STILL hard to watch. Dude was never the same again after those misses.

What other examples do you have of players who weren't the same (not because of injury) due to something happening mentally....

With baseball season here, I was thinking about Chuck Knoblauch's struggles in the field while with the Yankees.  Routine throws from 2nd to 1st became adventures. I guess you could say it was "over-thinking," but dude was a disaster. I don't know what happened to him, because these throwing problems weren't apparent when he was with the Twins.

This brings me to my second example:

6 years later...even knowing the outcome, this **%$ is STILL hard to watch. Dude was never the same again after those misses.

What other examples do you have of players who weren't the same (not because of injury) due to something happening mentally....

Originally Posted by MBen32

Ron Mercer getting his %*!@ cleaned off the glass by Michael Jordan
pimp.gif

didn't post that vid outta respect for my boy WildKY
laugh.gif

but that's a GREAT example.  Ron's career went downhill after that.

and good call on Ray Lewis/Eddie George....first time I seen a 6'2" 240lb RB SCARED. 

Originally Posted by MBen32

Ron Mercer getting his %*!@ cleaned off the glass by Michael Jordan
pimp.gif

didn't post that vid outta respect for my boy WildKY
laugh.gif

but that's a GREAT example.  Ron's career went downhill after that.

and good call on Ray Lewis/Eddie George....first time I seen a 6'2" 240lb RB SCARED. 

Back
Top Bottom