Players you like that aren't/weren't good

269771.jpg

Calbert Cheaney
Don't know why but he was one of my favorite players growing up. The lefty jumper was money lol

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ at that 'Foyle vs Stoudemire' video! Amare really was a freak before the surgery man.He's still a beast though.
pimp.gif

i had originally tried to think of players not on my teams that i liked, but couldn't. i think we all have players who suck on your teams, but for somereason, you find reasons to like them, while others you hate (Jared Carter.)

Ryan Freel. i like him cuz of stuff like this:

QGLAOL2g.jpg

but really, he sucks.

lukasz_obrzut3.jpg

man, he stunk. but come thru the lane...you were getting hammered.
pimp.gif
hecould knock down an open jumper too.

i liked Shagari too...

ShagariAlleyne02.jpg

and i always found myself being a Jason LaRue apologist.
smh.gif

SoleOnEyez wrote:
269771.jpg

Calbert Cheaney
Don't know why but he was one of my favorite players growing up. The lefty jumper was money lol

Now we know who was behind all those Calbert Cheaney > Kobe Bryant threads that were rampanta few years ago!

Phil Plantier, him being traded from the red sox to the padres then to the astros is the reason i like the astros today
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kash55

SoleOnEyez wrote:
269771.jpg

Calbert Cheaney

Now we know who was behind all those Calbert Cheaney > Kobe Bryant threads that were rampant a few years ago!

lol no sir Twasn't I.

Kobe > Calbert; Even tho Calbert gave Jordan some go in the playoffs in 96

Quentin Richardson
Peter Warrick
Juan Dixon
I guess I can put my favorite of all-time Lamar Odom because he never lived up to his potential

18780.jpg

He was a @#%@#@% beast in college but now he is just a scrub or victim of bad coaching/not giving him a chance to do anything. I still refuse to reallyacknowledge that he is just another scrub in the nba, I'm hoping something happens for him but I don't see it happening
tired.gif

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Wally Sczerbiak
Pat Garrity (before he retired
frown.gif
)
Joe Smith
I came in here since I thought I was the only dude who liked Wally...but then I noticed that 2 out of your 3 players were white. You know how hard it is to create any kind of list of nba players for any person where the majority is white people.

I like Wally cuz I find it to be hilarious to root for him. He's just so damn white, would shoot on every touch if he had the green light, and sometimes makes those superstar type shots which makes it even funnier. I was talking to my bro the other day on how his teammates must love going out with him cause he's THE white boy of the team. Changes situations from dealing with cops, snow bunnies who are scared of 6 foot 8 black guys, etc.
thats pretty much why I like him
laugh.gif

Pat Garrity is awesome too.

Edit:
Sam Perkins
Scot Pollard
Austin Croshere (is he even in the league still?)
Jason Smith
Robert Swift
roll.gif

Damon Jones
Antoine Walker
pimp.gif

Well, you like someone (nh) because they're good at something right? ...lol

Anyway, popeye jones just cause he looks funny..

NFL: was a big Jim Everett fan (LA Rams homer)... as a kid, i always wanted him to be better than Joe Montana
laugh.gif
had like 2 great years with the rams then sucked after that (i think had 1 probowl year with the saints).. was known more for attacking Jim Rome
laugh.gif

NBA: AC Green used to be my favorite Laker for the reason that the other kids always liked Magic, Worthy, Kareem... and I sucked in basketball exceptgrabbing rebounds, lol

MLB: Eh, no one knows who he is... Brian Downing is my favorite baseball player.. has like a .270 career avg. and just over 250 career HR's in a spanof like 17 years
laugh.gif
I just liked him because every year, he was alwaysin the Angels starting line up
pimp.gif
LF, C, DH ... until he went to theTexas Rangers. If i find a throwback Downing Angels jersey, its copped
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom