Playing ball in Zoom Air vs. Max Air...thoughts?

Originally Posted by RighteousKungFu

I'm a big man, but I handle the ball sometimes too. Call me a point-forward 
laugh.gif

Anyway I've always ran with the Max Air in the heel, and zoom air in the forefoot. It's always been the best combo for me. Keep in mind I'm 6'3 and about 240.

Right now I run in the Nike Hypermadness, probably the best shoe I've hooped in since the Kobe 1 
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
are the hypermadness and the fly by's the same shoe? 

Originally Posted by RighteousKungFu

I'm a big man, but I handle the ball sometimes too. Call me a point-forward 
laugh.gif

Anyway I've always ran with the Max Air in the heel, and zoom air in the forefoot. It's always been the best combo for me. Keep in mind I'm 6'3 and about 240.

Right now I run in the Nike Hypermadness, probably the best shoe I've hooped in since the Kobe 1 
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
are the hypermadness and the fly by's the same shoe? 

I am 6'3 and play a 1-2 combo guard but use my jumping ability quite often, and tend to play above the rim a little bit as well. I have just always been hooping in Zoom.
i want to try out max, which shoe should i try?

I am 6'3 and play a 1-2 combo guard but use my jumping ability quite often, and tend to play above the rim a little bit as well. I have just always been hooping in Zoom.
i want to try out max, which shoe should i try?

u could also just keep playing in ur zoom shoes and change the insole.... I had tube same issue u was having so I took out my Eva insole and replaced it with a orthlite zoom forefoot and heel insole.... so my lebron 7 ps feels like double stacked zoom...

u could also just keep playing in ur zoom shoes and change the insole.... I had tube same issue u was having so I took out my Eva insole and replaced it with a orthlite zoom forefoot and heel insole.... so my lebron 7 ps feels like double stacked zoom...

I've had back problems for years now, so the most important thing to me is that my foot is held stable and there's good impact cushioning in the heel in the event that I come down hard on it and not on the ball of my foot. Really feel it in my spine if I come down hard enough on the heel, so that's always my number one concern. I've played with both Zoom and Max and I'd say Max is usually stronger in that regard. Really big fan of the V/2 Brons and anything with Flywire because it molds so well to your foot while maintaining stability.

I've had back problems for years now, so the most important thing to me is that my foot is held stable and there's good impact cushioning in the heel in the event that I come down hard on it and not on the ball of my foot. Really feel it in my spine if I come down hard enough on the heel, so that's always my number one concern. I've played with both Zoom and Max and I'd say Max is usually stronger in that regard. Really big fan of the V/2 Brons and anything with Flywire because it molds so well to your foot while maintaining stability.

Originally Posted by vc8481

I'm into collecting Lebron 7 and 8's. But when it comes to ballin' I prefer a low to the ground and light shoe despite playing PF/C. I'm 5'10 and 180 lbs. Not much big guys from where i come from. My rotation are Lebron 7 PS, Hyperdunk, Hyperize, Hyperfuse and Lebron Ambassador 2. I guys it would be important to consider your type of play and how a shoe feels on court for you.
eek.gif

Where do you play at and how old are you?!

I'm into collecting Lebron 7 and 8's. But when it comes to ballin' I prefer a low to the ground and light shoe despite playing PF/C. I'm 5'10 and 180 lbs. Not much big guys from where i come from. My rotation are Lebron 7 PS, Hyperdunk, Hyperize, Hyperfuse and Lebron Ambassador 2. I guys it would be important to consider your type of play and how a shoe feels on court for you.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by mogzz04

eek.gif

lol dude is playing in the 6' under league

eek.gif

Can anyone give me a list of current shoes with max heel/zoom forefoot setup? My favorite shoes to ball in are the Penny IV's and Air max 2k4's and they're getting a little beat..

Can anyone give me a list of current shoes with max heel/zoom forefoot setup? My favorite shoes to ball in are the Penny IV's and Air max 2k4's and they're getting a little beat..

whatever it takes to make you feel confident I guess.. it's more psychological than anything, so if dudes think that playing in a certain tech makes them perform better then that's fine

me personally, I like playing in as many different types of shoes and trying them all out

whatever it takes to make you feel confident I guess.. it's more psychological than anything, so if dudes think that playing in a certain tech makes them perform better then that's fine

me personally, I like playing in as many different types of shoes and trying them all out

I used to love ballin in air max back in the 90's when the air sole was thicker but softer. This new generation 360 air sole I find to be way too firm. Now I prefer zoom front/ max heel.

I used to love ballin in air max back in the 90's when the air sole was thicker but softer. This new generation 360 air sole I find to be way too firm. Now I prefer zoom front/ max heel.

Originally Posted by cbrooks3

eek.gif

roll.gif
lol 6 foot center. Must be Asian league

Originally Posted by cbrooks3

eek.gif

roll.gif
lol 6 foot center. Must be Asian league

I've been playing mostly outdoor ball the past couple years and wearing the two pairs of Zoom Flight 95's that I got at the outlet a couple years ago for $30. I wish they were still available at that price in a size 11 because I'd get 3 more pairs.

I recently switched to a pair of Total Max Uptempos and they were terrible. REAL heavy, they felt like winter boots. Sole was very flat and thick. It was by far the least responsive nike basketball shoe I've ever worn.

I don't know what I was thinking when I bought them, but I would definitely not recommend them. I went back to the Nike store in South Chicago and the salesman told me to find some Zoom Hyperfuse. The difference in weight is night and day.

The zoom is more of a pure player's shoe, the Max is just for comfort and walking around

I've been playing mostly outdoor ball the past couple years and wearing the two pairs of Zoom Flight 95's that I got at the outlet a couple years ago for $30. I wish they were still available at that price in a size 11 because I'd get 3 more pairs.

I recently switched to a pair of Total Max Uptempos and they were terrible. REAL heavy, they felt like winter boots. Sole was very flat and thick. It was by far the least responsive nike basketball shoe I've ever worn.

I don't know what I was thinking when I bought them, but I would definitely not recommend them. I went back to the Nike store in South Chicago and the salesman told me to find some Zoom Hyperfuse. The difference in weight is night and day.

The zoom is more of a pure player's shoe, the Max is just for comfort and walking around

I had my first time playing with Air Max heels yesterday with my new Soldier IV. Weirdly, it was the first time I had some heel pain after the game and shin (left leg) pain while playing (only for a couple of minutes tho). The Air Max was stiff as a brick but hopefully it'll be soft later on. It wasn't what I expected from Air Max. I usually play basketball at least 6 hrs with my Zoom shoes and I don't feel any pain or anything. I only played for 3 hrs with the Zoom and I'm quite disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom