Please God, let him spit that uzi in the army lining....

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

the only argument you can make for Jay's lyrics being on the same level as Nas is that he is prolly the greatest at leaving his lyrics up for alternate interpetations, because on a base level, his subject matter is no different than any other material rapper besides a couple exceptions...but besides that, there isnt an arguement you can put up trying to compare Jay's subject matter to Nas'. It just comes down to what you value more in a rapper....
Alright, I definitely agree with what you're saying, I just wanted a little clarification.

I love NaS' music because he offers an alternative to the cookie cutter rappers, and he does it damn well. It's like you said - at the end ofthe day it's all about preference. Given a choice, 9 times out of 10, I'm going to listen to Jay first. I think it's just that innate New Yorkattitude that has been embedded in me to make me naturally inclined to the more braggadocio rap. But I don't think there's a single album I have playedmore from front to back than Illmatic.

I don't know, I think I just posed that question because I'm sick and tired of seeing "Rapper A > Rapper B", especially when the two beingcompared are some of the greatest to ever spit on wax. It baffles me that people can't seem to just appreciate that we, as rap fans, have been blessed tolive through and experience a lot of these dude's careers (not just NaS & Jay). I've said it before that everything in hip hop has to be viewed asa damn competition and _'s can't just learn to appreciate...

Ight, I'm done ranting
laugh.gif

Nas went off on this and like the fact that the beat doesn't have a bassline. Gives the words more meaning.

Never really noticed the part about all the album titles tho
eek.gif
Nas is that dude.

Wasn't he supposed to be calling the album before this "Nasdaq Dow Jones"?

Yeah, great reply Tough G0ng.

The line is: "I'm Huey P. in Loius V. at the eulogy throwin molotives for Emmit(Till)."

Also, I don't know which verse is better this one, or the 3rd verse on 'Hero'.
I think the Hero verse is better.

And another thing, I wounder if 50 is EVER going to respond to those shots.

The line is: "I'm Huey P. in Loius V. at the eulogy throwin molotives for Emmit(Till)."

*molotovs, like Molotov cocktails

i don't see how Jay can be better than Nas, when Jay admits that he dumbs down his subject matter to sell records. and even if he didn't, i don'tthink he would ever reach the prowess and intricacies in Nas' rhymes.

Originally Posted by Tuff G0ng

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

the only argument you can make for Jay's lyrics being on the same level as Nas is that he is prolly the greatest at leaving his lyrics up for alternate interpetations, because on a base level, his subject matter is no different than any other material rapper besides a couple exceptions...but besides that, there isnt an arguement you can put up trying to compare Jay's subject matter to Nas'. It just comes down to what you value more in a rapper....
I don't know, I think I just posed that question because I'm sick and tired of seeing "Rapper A > Rapper B", especially when the two being compared are some of the greatest to ever spit on wax. It baffles me that people can't seem to just appreciate that we, as rap fans, have been blessed to live through and experience a lot of these dude's careers (not just NaS & Jay). I've said it before that everything in hip hop has to be viewed as a damn competition and _'s can't just learn to appreciate...

Ight, I'm done ranting
laugh.gif

0d515846728d57a1d1605b80b90ac668ce8ac48.gif

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Pun was better than Nas.
if pun was alive he'd tell you nas was better then him...

Since he said +retirement+
Hiding behind +8 Mile+
And +The Chronic+
+Get's Rich But Dies Rhymin'+

what happened curtis...cat got your tongue?
grin.gif

Y'all know NaS never really is on that Jay/Wayne tip saying that he's the best rapper alive.
Pun told him to say he was the best on 'John Blaze'.

Nas GOAT ? no

Nas better than Jay ? EASILY.

I don't want to change the course of this thread, but no other rappers have had better careers then these 2 people.

Consistency, longevity, relevance, story-telling, skills, albums, features.
These 2 have the most.

Stop saying Nas had Consistency, Longevity doesn't equal relevance or Consistency. But NAS is pretty dope but as far as straight spitting and being athinking mans MC, I'm callign it now Blu will be top 5 dead or alive.

Originally Posted by bboy1827

Stop saying Nas had Consistency, Longevity doesn't equal relevance or Consistency. But NAS is pretty dope but as far as straight spitting and being a thinking mans MC, I'm callign it now Blu will be top 5 dead or alive.
Nas isnt relevant in the rap game???..........

blu has one good album

below the heavens

where he whines about having girl problems, being broke and being 22 years old over some dope beats

he's not that good

This track just brings out the
sick.gif
tired.gif
reactions, in a good way.

Nas murdered this with the lyrics/wordplay and the flow.

The beat is great. Simple, especially without any drums, but not so simple to the point where you wonder when it's gonna pick up. Plus the length of thesong is perfect so that it doesn't allow the beat to get stale.

Greatest to touch the mic? Not sure if I'd agree BUT I can't disagree. At least if we're speaking from a lyrical perspective. Hov is probably in mytop 5 and most of the time, I prefer to listen to him over NaS [depending on my mood]. But! there is NO WAY you can say he's spitting harder [today] thanNaS did on 'Untitled'. Your lying to yourself if you do.

Back to the track...easily the best track on the album. Track blows my mind every time I listen to it.

Back
Top Bottom