PLEASE HELP ME PLAN MY 4 DAYS IN THE PHOENIX / SCOTTSDALE TRIP!

I'm going to Arizona for the first time in September.

here's some info on me....

- Going with my girl
- i'm 26 shes 24
- staying in Scottsdale
- i will have a car

Food?
Shopping?
Site seeing?

what places should i hit up?

You can go to Old Town Scottsdale for clubs/lounges at night. Mint is the current spot people seem to be liking. A bar I like to go to is called "The Vig" on 40th street and Indian School. Nice casual place with a nice outdoor seating area and solid food. There is also a wine bar called "Postino" that you and your girl may enjoy.

Far as shopping you'll definitely want to check out Fashion Square. It's our nicest mall by far. You can check out Kierland and Scottsdale Quarter and Biltmore as well as theyre nice, smaller outdoor shopping centers.

As far as food, theres a few places I like. For pizza I like Grimaldi's and Spinato's. There's also Pizzeria Bianco which is well known (expect a wait here). There's an indian food spot called "curry corner" that my friends like in Tempe (it's a casual place). Also, I'd highly suggest you try a sonoran dog from a food truck on 20th St and Indian School. The truck is there everyday from 630pm - midnightish. Everyone loves them and theyre like 3 bucks a piece and he sells the glass coke bottles to wash it down with. Try Pho Thanh for Vietnamese food. As far as breakfast, you definitely want to check out Matt's Big Breakfast (expect a wait because the place is very popular and tiny). If you or your girl like coffee, I've heard people like Lola's coffee shop near downtown. Those spots should hold you over.

As far as other things to check out, you can check out the Phoenix Art museum (free tuesday and friday evenings). You can drive up to Sedona (its 2 hours away so know that) for beautiful sight seeing. You and your girl can also go hiking at Camelback Mountain or Piestewa Peak and get some awesome views of the city, but it may still be too hot unless you go early (if you hike bring water with you and freeze ice at the bottom so it stays cold).

Any other questions just PM me.

You can go to Old Town Scottsdale for clubs/lounges at night. Mint is the current spot people seem to be liking. A bar I like to go to is called "The Vig" on 40th street and Indian School. Nice casual place with a nice outdoor seating area and solid food. There is also a wine bar called "Postino" that you and your girl may enjoy.
Far as shopping you'll definitely want to check out Fashion Square. It's our nicest mall by far. You can check out Kierland and Scottsdale Quarter and Biltmore as well as theyre nice, smaller outdoor shopping centers.
As far as food, theres a few places I like. For pizza I like Grimaldi's and Spinato's. There's also Pizzeria Bianco which is well known (expect a wait here). There's an indian food spot called "curry corner" that my friends like in Tempe (it's a casual place). Also, I'd highly suggest you try a sonoran dog from a food truck on 20th St and Indian School. The truck is there everyday from 630pm - midnightish. Everyone loves them and theyre like 3 bucks a piece and he sells the glass coke bottles to wash it down with. Try Pho Thanh for Vietnamese food. As far as breakfast, you definitely want to check out Matt's Big Breakfast (expect a wait because the place is very popular and tiny). If you or your girl like coffee, I've heard people like Lola's coffee shop near downtown. Those spots should hold you over.
As far as other things to check out, you can check out the Phoenix Art museum (free tuesday and friday evenings). You can drive up to Sedona (its 2 hours away so know that) for beautiful sight seeing. You and your girl can also go hiking at Camelback Mountain or Piestewa Peak and get some awesome views of the city, but it may still be too hot unless you go early (if you hike bring water with you and freeze ice at the bottom so it stays cold).
Any other questions just PM me.

Great thanks for the tips. i will mos def hit up these places. whats the best place for taco's?

check out the southwest forum

I did two months ago... not one single post :smh: .

For tacos I like a place called Los Taquitos on 4747 E Elliot Rd in Phoenix

I posted some insight for you in the SW forum before they mangled Niketalk. Anyway, Heshua's suggestions were all on point. I'd also recommend hitting up Tempe just to see what ASU and Mill Ave. are all about, its not far from Scottsdale or Downtown PHX. The best Mexican is Carolina's near Downtown PHX or America's Taco Shop (there's one in Downtown PHX and one in Tempe). Pizzeria Bianco is worth the wait in Downtown PHX. Definitely hit Fashion Square Mall in Scottsdale. You can take Camelback Road from Fashion Square Mall all the way to downtown PHX. Lots of good spots on or just off Camelback Rd.

Not to hijack the thread, but is there [COLOR=#red]A N Y T H I N G[/COLOR] worth mentioning in Tucson?

I'm going to be training for a month there starting in October. :nerd:

Not to hijack the thread, but is there [COLOR=#red]A N Y T H I N G[/COLOR] worth mentioning in Tucson?
I'm going to be training for a month there starting in October. :nerd:

No :stoneface:

Just kidding, I only go down there to watch ASU punish UA in football every 2 years. There's a place called Eegee's that has really good frozen drinks. I'd stay as close to UA campus as possible for bars, restaurants etc. There are some nice areas and homes around the Foothill Mountains, but for the most part Tucson is a dump IMO.

Last edited:
Any must sees downtown phoenix?

Depends on what you're into. I would check out a Diamondbacks Game/Chase Field, Pizzeria Bianco has the best pizza in AZ, the Phoenix Art Museum and Arizona Science Center are cool - all of those are Downtown. Hotel Palomar in Downtown PHX has a real cool restaurant called Blue Hound Kitchen, great city views. Overall I prefer Tempe or Scottsdale, but Downtown PHX is definitely worth checking out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom