Please help me understand the meaning of a word.

roll.gif

Seems like its just NY slang you use to address somebody... (dudes I guess)...idk if it has meaning behind it.

What about saying "one"? I have no idea where it comes from but some broad told me it might be for "one love" and I was
eek.gif
but I thinkthat may be a reach.

There was a whole explanation on the slang and meaning behind dun on Hot 97 awhile back by them dudes. I think it had somethin to do with some slow kid who useto say that instead of son, I forget.

And one may have to do with some one love shhh, it may I aint sure. Seem like another NY slang Ns just started usin on me out the blue it def gotta meaningbehind it.

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by xBuddha Blessx

There was a whole explanation on the slang and meaning behind dun on Hot 97 awhile back by them dudes. I think it had somethin to do with some slow kid who use to say that instead of son, I forget.

And one may have to do with some one love shhh, it may I aint sure. Seem like another NY slang Ns just started usin on me out the blue it def gotta meaning behind it.

smokin.gif
P said that dun came from some dude who didn't have teeth and couldn't pronounce the word son, and it came out sounding like dun, so they tookit and ran with it.

And yes, one is an apocopated form of one love.

Back
Top Bottom