Please lock this one up mods

My opinion on the Boykin trade depends on who's the starting corner. If it's Carroll, I'd put Rowe at safety and have Thurmond in the slot. If Rowe is the corner, I'd rather have Boykin in the slot with Thurmond at safety

I just want to know how adamant Chip is about having guys that fit his mold. Like if we had Earl Thomas (smh) would this dude cut him just because he's not tall enough? Or Antonio Brown? Like when do you just accept the fact that someone is talented?

I'm sure there are exceptions. But I think for outside corners he specifically wants taller and long armed guys. He did draft Earl Wolff and Jacorey Shepherd though.
If you look at him bringing back BG to start at OLB, that could be an exception to talent.

If he trades Fletch I'll legit murder him myself

Kendricks is gone next only a matter of time..

Why to did we resign demeco only to draft a ILB and trade for Kiko ? Legit makes no sense at all

Last edited:
I don't think Cox is going anywhere

Kendricks is the one player that I'm really not cool with trading outside of Cox

Boykin was horrible last year TBH, a 5th rounder shows you what other teams thought about him

Geoff Mosher ‏@GeoffMosherCSN 2m2 minutes ago

Chip said 5th rounder becomes 4th if Boykin plays 60% of snaps. Said steelers nickel back last year played 60%.

Geoff Mosher ‏@GeoffMosherCSN 41s41 seconds ago

As @TheRealDGunnCSN reported Chip says Mychal Kendricks not going anywhere, "write it in ink."

Last edited:
Not overly happy with the trade..

Fletch is the only guy of the rumored names I really don't want us to trade

I think it's a win win for both teams. BB's role was being reduced anyhow with the amount of time the defense stays in base. I still think he was the most talented CB we had last year but he just didn't play as well as he did in '13.

Assuming Rowe will strictly be an outside corner, I could see them bringing Maxwell in the slot on nickel(which he did at times in SEA) and having carroll and rowe on the outside.

Last edited:
Heard Jacorey is the front runner for the slot which is pretty interesting...

Figured that spot would've been Rowe's by default

Last edited:
I would love to have seen what Boykin could have did given a chance on the outside..especially seen what our corners gave us last year he couldn't of been much worst..but I'm also a guy that hates small corners.

The reality is Chip thinks he has better players on the roster so getting something for Boykin was smart. If he's that good in Pitt, we end up with a 4th so it's a win-win for both teams.

They seem to be in love with Shephard

Assuming Rowe will strictly be an outside corner, I could see them bringing Maxwell in the slot on nickel(which he did at times in SEA) and having carroll and rowe on the outside.

I guess it depends on how quickly Rowe comes along or if they want to throw him in the fire right away..

But I guess it starts out Maxwell and Carroll on the outside with Jenkins and Thurmond

Doubt we go nickel too much with us moving Thurmond to safety

They seem to be in love with Shephard

Yup..

We all know it was pretty unlikely he would be back after this year anyways.. And we drafted 3 CBs along with signing Maxwell

Thurmond already got moved to safety, which I think changes how we rotate guys in and out if he gets the starting spot

Curious to see how much longer Wolff lasts

Good thing we brought graham back.. Hopefully smith II has learned the playbook

Sucks Dion Jordan couldn't keep his head on straight, we were supposedly close to a deal for a late round conditional pick

Back
Top Bottom