Please lock.

Correct me if I'm wrong with this analogy but if the surprise was may vs PAC don't you guys think he would use it as a promo tool for his fight? Maybe this way leading up to Maidaina pt 2, in may my plans are to fight pacman if and when I beat Maidaina this September so tune in. I think it would drive up ppv sales don't you guys think?

I don't think so. It only builds for the later fight. The way to sell the Maidana fight is to market him as a legitimate threat, which they did not do the first go around.

I was going based on how for a long time PAC and May fights always sold over a million just based on the fact that the fight was still there and fans knew they needed to keep winning to keep hope alive. Then the cold war happen and casual fans stopped caring, if you use that for the next fight drive up sales for September IMO

Nobody believes them anymore, and Mayweather can't just come out and say it without the Pacquiao camp agreeing to the fight. That would be a huge dbag ploy to casual fight fans.

Lol this is true! But there are some really gullible fans put there. But I'm sure if he would say the PAC fight is signed top rank would confirm also and use whoever PAC is fighting also a point of sale for the November fight as well

Please stop mentioning that fight.

Floyd need to have a really good undercard or this won't sell over 800k

put Matthysse vs Thurman I'd be thrilled. They also need to stop making Maidana seem Mexican they play mariachi music & the mexican national anthem when he enters the ring he's from Argentina he's not Mexican

^ somebody is angry lol
Chill is just boxing talk and yes I agree, the talk about mayweather vs PAC fight is dead never going to happen, people need to move on

because Top Rank needs tO Let bob arum be excLuded from negotIatioNs for this meGa bout so that it can actually happen. At this point he is the only thing stopping it...

Last edited:
Mayweather vs Porter on Cinco De Mayo :lol: it's going to sell Martinez vs Cotto numbers

I think that fight would do BIG numbers. May vs Porter or May vs Thurman. I think they'd promote the **** out of it and put out the word that Porter or Thurman have LEGIT chances of beating him. Haters of May would pay all day if they leaked that kind of info, because they want to see him lose before going out. And I bet he fights past 2015 also,so I'm not buying this 6 fight contract with Showtime. Bet he signs a 3/4 fight Contract with tem or HBO on e his current tract expires too.

Last edited:
The problem is Shawn Porter and Thurman have not done enough and have not fought enough names. Only people who follow boxing know what they are capable of. If Thurman and Porter destroy some of Mayweather's former opponents like Cotto, Maidana or Canelo then it will put them in that type of position.

Last edited:
That brings up another problem for them, people didn't even know who Maidana was. He has no draw power for them to get recognition even if they beat him. Cotto is only looking for fights with large purses, he has no incentive to fight them. Canelo, and maybe Bradley, might be the only big name that Porter or Thurman might be able to get a shot at.

That brings up another problem for them, people didn't even know who Maidana was. He has no draw power for them to get recognition even if they beat him. Cotto is only looking for fights with large purses, he has no incentive to fight them. Canelo, and maybe Bradley, might be the only big name that Porter or Thurman might be able to get a shot at.

People learned who Maidana was after he whooped Broner. I was talking to a guy who was not into boxing at all, he thought that picture of Pacquiao laying face down was Mayweather's work. But even he knew who Maidana was. :lol: Maidana's is not as big of a name as Mosley even at 38. He is definitely a better Mayweather gatekeeper than Broner or Berto at this point. Then again Maidana might not even be around, he's probably going to make a few mill in September and call it quits.

Last edited:
Oh damn, FNF on tonight. I guess cause the holi weekend eh. I thought I heard one of yall mention that but I guess I didn't pay attention.

Why continue to bring up Manny as an opponent for Floyd? It's been beaten to death for damn near 8 years now. There's nothing new or any groundbreaking insight from anyone coming so it's a waste of breath at this point. Besides, I don't see the point of dignifying any conversation about it when they've already robbed us all of the fight in their primes. It's done.

Oh damn, FNF on tonight. I guess cause the holi weekend eh. I thought I heard one of yall mention that but I guess I didn't pay attention.

It's in the thread title. If you're unsure of when fights are on, just check that or the original post. I keep em both updated weekly :smile:

Oh Bet man, thanks for the info, I surely didn't know. Couple good fights tonight. Glad I didn't miss em'

And what's up with ALL ACCESS Canelo/Lara. My series manager only shows 1 episode total, the first was last week, shows none for this week or next Wednesday or Saturday, damn

Still trying to figure out if Im paying for the fight or finding other means of viewing

Last edited:

Canelo puttin work into that heavy bag!

By the way, some interesting comments in the discussion section regarding his trainer, Chepo Reynoso. I know these are just fans, but they're saying they never see him giving Canelo any tactical advice and that he would benefit from an S&C coach as his stamina may be an issue.

What do you guys think?

I'm going with Canelo, I wont change or hedge my pick unless something drastic happens. Got some locked in at -175.

Last edited:
Canelo.  Like others have said, I wasn't impressed with Lara's win over Trout.  After Trout lost to Canelo, dude hasn't been the same
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom