Please lock.

What was supposed to happen November 8? Kirkland has never lost with Ann Wolfe in his corner so this should be interesting.

Last edited:
That was the rumored date for a bit.

My birthday weekend :lol: so I will be in Vegas for a week, was hoping I would catch them.

Canelo Kirkland in Dec
I'll be ordering this fight, Canelo deserves to be doing numbers with the competition he's been facing lately
pimp.gif

Here's to hoping Kirkland doesn''t spoil Cotto vs Canelo.
In all honesty, is Cotto Vs. Canelo really that appealing?  I just don't see Cotto being able to outbox Canelo or even drop him.  I'll still watch it if it happens, but I don't see many ways of Cotto pulling out the W.

Here's to hoping Kirkland doesn''t spoil Cotto vs Canelo.

In all honesty, is Cotto Vs. Canelo really that appealing?  I just don't see Cotto being able to outbox Canelo or even drop him.  I'll still watch it if it happens, but I don't see many ways of Cotto pulling out the W.

The fight itself no, because I see it the same way you do. But the build up and electricity will be insane. Plus I also want to see how Floyd's ego reacts when he is being outshined on his favorite date.

This weekend's fights are a waste of time. Let's just skip over and talk about the following weekend.

Porter vs Brook. I want to see your predictions.

I was leaning a little more towards Porter at first. But I now see Brook winning. Reason being he is taller, bigger, and hits harder than Paulie and Alexander. Porter can not just walk through his punches. Plus Porter tends to rush in and leaves himself open to counters. Brook has great timing and accuracy. He needs to utilize his stiff jab and counter Porter. But the unknown variable is whether Brook is ready at this level, he hasn't been tested yet.

I'm going with Brook

I'll watch it. I think it'll be a good test against a technical/aggressive/accurate fighter. I'd probably be in the minority saying I see Cotto winning it.

The fight itself no, because I see it the same way you do. But the build up and electricity will be insane. Plus I also want to see how Floyd's ego reacts when he is being outshined on his favorite date.
Oh, they're going for the same weekend in May?  Will Canelo be boxing on HBO then?  If that's the case, then I am looking forward to this fight
laugh.gif

Oh, they're going for the same weekend in May?  Will Canelo be boxing on HBO then?  If that's the case, then I am looking forward to this fight :lol: .

De La Hoya is the one who has the dates on Showtime and since the rift he would give Canelo preference over Flloyd, especially since the Maidana fight is Flloyd's last under GB's promotional banner. I know Flloyd has the contract with Showtime, but I think they'd make him switch the date.

Last edited:
Trout/PBF/Angulo/Lara/Kirkland/Cotto(probably)

Dude is the anti-duck

:x

Well all those tomato cans for years, he's one of the few that took the step up and met the challenge. I may not be a big fan of the kid but you can't hold his resume against him. He doesn't seem to care what GBP thinks or wants when it comes to avoiding fighters.

That kirkland fight will be fun to watch since. Kirkland backed out last time. But I don't see Canelo having trouble with him at all. Kirkland has literally no defense and will be in front of him the whole time. But will be throwing hammers lol

Trout/PBF/Angulo/Lara/Kirkland/Cotto(probably)

Dude is the anti-duck

:x

Well all those tomato cans for years, he's one of the few that took the step up and met the challenge. I may not be a big fan of the kid but you can't hold his resume against him. He doesn't seem to care what GBP thinks or wants when it comes to avoiding fighters.

He wasn't even legal drinking age when he fought those "tomato cans". So he gets a pass unlike a couple of guys who are fighting this weekend.

@Bobby fischer I didn't say 3G mayweather at 160. I said 3G is willing to drain himself to 154 to fight Floyd to get the fight I think you misunderstood Floyd vs 3G for 3G's title.

De La Hoya is the one who has the dates on Showtime and since the rift he would give Canelo preference over Flloyd, especially since the Maidana fight is Flloyd's last under GB's promotional banner. I know Flloyd has the contract with Showtime, but I think they'd make him switch the date.
It'll be interesting to see how this plays then.  Though, if Mayweather fights Khan it probably won't be a big deal to move the fight to the following weekend.

Floyd's ego is too big for that especially if its two guy who lost to him. He knows the card he has to pull to beat them for that date. :nerd:

Floyd's ego is too big for that especially if its two guy who lost to him. He knows the card he has to pull to beat them for that date. :nerd:

Yeah but DLH already has the May date which was reserved for Mayweather, but since he split that will be the first fight Flloyd promotes on his own. He wont be able to fight that date on Showtime unless DLH is able to either promote it or co-promote it. And with a potential success of a Cotto/Canelo fight, the only fight DLH would give up that date for to Mayweather is for a Pac/May as long as he is able to co-promote.

All this Winky talk, doesn't he suffer from a gambling addiction?

Canelo Kirkland in Dec
Canelo truly takes on all comers. No fear in his heart to DLH's chagrin.

Can't forgive Kirk for what he did to Tapia. More Tapia's camp at fault than anything, but just venting.

Shawn Porter and his father come off so suspect when they talk about the testing.
Don't do it, freaky. Don't go there with the implications, man.

This weekend's fights are a waste of time. Let's just skip over and talk about the following weekend.

Porter vs Brook. I want to see your predictions.

I was leaning a little more towards Porter at first. But I now see Brook winning. Reason being he is taller, bigger, and hits harder than Paulie and Alexander. Porter can not just walk through his punches. Plus Porter tends to rush in and leaves himself open to counters. Brook has great timing and accuracy. He needs to utilize his stiff jab and counter Porter. But the unknown variable is whether Brook is ready at this level, he hasn't been tested yet.
Your last sentence resonates the most. Major step up in competition, away from home in States. Porter is a tenacious bulldog. Yes, Brook hits harder than Paulie and Alexander the Great, but I believe in Showtime's chin and willingness to display aggression and get inside at any cost. I don't think Kell Brook has enough to deter Porter's will and urgency.

Man, when Winky priced himself out I was livid :lol:

I am a big fan of Brook, so I am rooting for him to pull it off but it is gonna a tough challenge.

Looking forward to seeing Bika back :lol: I always root for him.
We're complete opposites on fight night, Pro. Porter and Dirrell all the way.

Spent time with Porter and his dad personally, so maybe I'm a bit biased. Same goes for Quillin and his wife. Both parties are great people that I align with.

Back
Top Bottom