Please lock.

I'd have to disagree. Canelo bambi'd him first. Gave him a solid rear end whooping

Nah bruh, Canelo did just enough to win outside of catching Trout with that one straight that put him down, and Trout still arguably won that fight on points. Lara was a much worse loss, he made Trout look like he didn't belong in there with him.

Last edited:
Plus on the Canelo Trout fight they had open scoring! I don't remember how I had it but I had Trout winning but the judges had it other wise and caused Trout to be more aggressive playing into canelo's favor.

Nah bruh, Canelo did just enough to win outside of catching Trout with that one straight that put him down, and Trout still arguably won that fight on points. Lara was a much worse loss, he made Trout look like he didn't belong in there with him.

I fully agree. Canelo got him with a good shot that put him down, but I felt like that was an extremely close fight.

I'm glad some of you are making the case for Trout decisioning Canelo in their meeting. If I do it, I'll just come off as an overly-loyal homer.

#OnceAndFutureKing. Team Trout.

154 is shaping up to be a competitive division. He won't hang with the top dogs. They all know he's feather-fisted and to go after that chin.

What makes you so confident, especially when Trout just got dropped twice by some scrub? I think Boo Boo beats him down worse than Lara did
Trout got over anxious. He dominated the bout sans R3.

Boo Boo touched up Rose with his straight left. Other than that KO, he hasn't finished a fight past R6. Meaning if No Doubt survives the initial onslaught, he'll win with experience. Fighting behind the jab, controlling distance with reach.

Trout got over anxious. He dominated the bout sans R3.

Boo Boo touched up Rose with his straight left. Other than that KO, he hasn't finished a fight past R6. Meaning if No Doubt survives the initial onslaught, he'll win with experience. Fighting behind the jab, controlling distance with reach.

I def. agree that he dominated the fight aside from that round, and maybe we can attribute those knockdowns to ring rust, but he still wasn't impressive imo. Hes been knocked down in his past 3 fights, and looked very bad against Lara, so I think that he def. needs another tune up fight before he steps into the ring with a someone like Andrade. I wanna see him face vanes first

Last edited:
I asked earlier who was from Vegas, we bought 4 tickets to May/Maidana and two aren't being used now.

I am going with Algieri to shock the world again.

No way Arum lets Pac lose by decision especially in Macau.

Algieri is not Arums fighter but Arum will benefit from Algieri winning. What will be next for Pacquiao if he wins? On the other hand, if Algieri wins we will see this

Algieri vs Marquez (since Marquez wants a 147 title)
Algieri vs Bradley
Algieri vs Crawford

Last edited:
And people root for this pampered embarrassment.

Super middleweight Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., who has fought just once this year, a decision win against Bryan Vera in their March rematch, just doesn’t seem in the mood to get into the ring. That is certainly Chavez’s prerogative, but he’s leaving a lot on the table in his snit with promoter Top Rank and apparent disinterest in boxing.

ESPN.com Boxing on Twitter
Don't miss any of our wall-to-wall boxing coverage, including live analysis of Saturday's fights. Twitter »

The negotiations for a January fight with titleholder Carl Froch are going nowhere and very well could be dead as Froch is instead looking at a mandatory defense against British countryman James DeGale because Chavez seems so reluctant to make a deal.

And now Chavez (48-1-1, 32 KOs), who fought just once in 2013 and will fight only once this year, is also passing up the opportunity to win a super middleweight title against Anthony Dirrell (27-0-1, 22 KOs), who claimed the belt on Aug. 16 as he outpointed Sakio Bika in a rematch of their draw. Chavez is Dirrell’s mandatory challenger and not inclined to take that undeserved title opportunity either.

The WBC announced on its website on Monday that Chavez has notified the organization that he will not exercise his mandatory status against Dirrell. The WBC, therefore, said it has approved Dirrell to make a voluntary defense of his title in his next fight while the organization figures out the mandatory challenger.

Keep in mind that Chavez now has not only rejected two different super middleweight title opportunities but also declined to face middleweight titlist Gennady Golovkin in a fight that was being put together for July at the Forum in Inglewood, California.

Golovkin had agreed to all terms and would have moved up in weight, but Chavez could not work out his end of the deal with Top Rank, which had already come to an agreement with Golovkin promoter K2 Promotions as well as HBO PPV.

So since Chavez trained all of about a week for his shot against then-middleweight champion Sergio Martinez in September 2012 -- and then failed a postfight drug test and served a nine-month suspension -- he has fought all of twice, both times against Vera, including the first fight which he failed to make weight for and deserved to lose.

Algieri is not Arums fighter but Arum will benefit from Algieri winning. What will be next for Pacquiao if he wins? On the other hand, if Algieri wins we will see this

Algieri vs Marquez (since Marquez wants a 147 title)
Algieri vs Bradley
Algieri vs Crawford

Pacquiao vs. mayweather is still a possibility, if Algieri wins that pretty much ends that imo. I think the best case scenario would be Algieri looking good in defeat

Back
Top Bottom