Please lock.

I mean, not even Rubio believed he was going to win.  Perfect time to "end the fight."  Just took a shot to the head after taking a mean uppercut.  Gets floored and misses the count.  It looks better than throwing in the towel or quitting on the stool right?  Why keep taking punishment for a few more rounds when he himself believes he doesn't stand a chance.

Since they added Korobov - Lee to the Bradley card, Showtime is 100% going on the DVR that night lol.

Anybody going to the Hopkins kovalev fight in AC?? Still tix available tryna see if anybody else would be interested

Some notes and ****:

nick (san jose, california) [via mobile]

Is the korobov-lee winner in the running to be the next GGG opponent?
Dan Rafael, King Fight Freak (12:01 PM)

I dont think next, definitely not. GGG will fight in Europe in February and they are looking at Martin Murray if Murray wins Saturday. But for his fight after that? I would say it is entirely possible. The winner of Korobov-Lee would make a big purse and have a chance to unify belts. HBO is also doing Korobov-Lee and has GGG under contract. It makes sense assuming one of the big names won't fight GGG.

Brooks (Shawshank) [via mobile]

D$, who do you see Bad Intentions fighting next & is GGG even a possibility?
Dan Rafael, King Fight Freak (12:04 PM)

There is literally no chance Taylor will face GGG for a few reasons. One, DiBella won't allow it (rightfully so). Two, Jermain is with Haymon and Haymon's fighters are not on HBO. Three, even if HBO did allow Haymon's guys on I doubt they would buy Taylor at this point unification or not.

John (Deltona, Florida)

Hey Dan. What is up with Abner Mares ? Any concrete plans on who/when his next fight is ?
Dan Rafael, King Fight Freak (12:27 PM)

He just changed trainers again, leaving Virgil Hunter to go back to Clemente Medina. Oscar told me the other day he MIGHT be on the Dec. 13 Showtime undercard but I don't that will be the case.

Franco (Miami,Florida)

Is it true Al Haymon is taking his fighters to NBC Sports?
Dan Rafael, King Fight Freak (1:48 PM)

He supposedly has a deal for a massive time buy on NBC/NBC Sports Net. Whether he is taking all of his fighters there is unclear.

I am rooting for Algieri, but I don't think he can pull it off unless the judges are funny.

If algieri were to pull it off you can kiss the mayweather fight goodbye and manny should retire if he loses to this guy. Also if algieri wins he should be offered to Keith Thurman as a sacrifice

Last edited:
In all honesty, if Algieri were to beat Pacquiao I wouldn't mind seeing him face Mayweather. The kid is a good boxer but he just seems like he has the kind of confidence it takes to fight Mayweather. There's nothing crazy special about the kid, he's just a hard working guy who believes in his craft and has heart. That is much more scary than a guy who only has skills.

I think Algieri poses a lot of problems for Pacquiao on paper, but I think Pacquiao will win rather easily. Provodnikov, who is short and way slower than Manny, touched Algieri, so I see Manny having absolutely no issue with him. It certainly doesn't hurt that this will be Roach's 2nd fight against him too. In the small chance that Algieri does outbox him, I wouldn't mind if the judges rob him LOL. Mayweather doesn't need another excuse to dodge Manny

I am rooting for Algieri, but I don't think he can pull it off unless the judges are funny.
If anything I think the judges will be funny the other way because it's Pacquaio, and they're in Macau. Remember this is where Zou Shiming fights :lol:

Last edited:
Foty!?!? Is it a good fight on paper? Yes, but both of these guys are boxers not brawlers. Every year the foty involves some sort of brawl I see this fight as a chess match more than a brawl

Back
Top Bottom