Please lock.

I'd have to favor Kovalev vs. Stevenson. Both possess great power and don't take the best punch, but I got to go with the guy who seems to have a higher level of skill and I believe that's Kovalev.

Looks like Michael is saying Beterbiev is ready for Kovalev right now. Not sure how realistic it would be to get it made but being that the Stevenson fight probably isn't going to happen, I'd definitely like to that see that ASAP. I'm not even sure who I'd favor.

Also to note, looks like Bernard was back in the gym on Monday: instagram.com/p/vO9xuHzSVg

Last edited:
Two things I was surprised by Saturday:
A Kovalev decision wasn't out of the ordinary, but shutting out B-Hop? Shocking. I expected Hopkins to start slow and knew Kovy would take the opening rounds comfortably while "Alien" got his bearings. Bernard was never able to muster any offense or effective combinations to deter or discourage Kovalev.

B-Hop's defense is always highly-touted, he got hit a little more and cleaner than many boxing advocates predicted. Perhaps some of us underrated Kovalev's skill-set and speed relative to his size. Chin still granite for Hopkins though, absorbed some brutal shots culminating in 12 rounds of essential punishment. Stayed up for pride and his legacy.

I have never heard of this dude that manny is fighting 11/22

Can anyone provide a video of a great fight of his?

I have never heard of this dude that manny is fighting 11/22

Can anyone provide a video of a great fight of his?
Provodnikov. He's lanky, smart fighter. Algieri's biggest asset is movement, critics accuse him of running. He neutralized "Siberian Rocky's" power after the initial onslaught. Boy has heart and speed.

It's disgusting that Provodnikov next fight is against Jose Luis Castillo what's the point.
Who's willingly volunteering to fight Ruslan, even after Algieri? Sure, Bradley and Algieri provided the blueprint to beat "Siberian Rocky," but not many fighters have the movement or fluid boxing ability to implement the strategy effectively. Provodnikov is still a danger with his heavy-handed nature and undeterred preference to move forward at all costs.

Who's willingly volunteering to fight Ruslan, even after Algieri? Sure, Bradley and Algieri provided the blueprint to beat "Siberian Rocky," but not many fighters have the movement or fluid boxing ability to implement the strategy effectively. Provodnikov is still a danger with his heavy-handed nature and undeterred preference to move forward at all costs.

Still though, putting a 40 year old Castillo in there with this dude in his prime is damn near criminal. He's gonna get hurt, bad. I wish Haymon didn't have everybody under contract and this Golden Boy Top Rank reconciliation Oscar keeps talking about was real, because Matthyse vs Provo would be ******* insane man.

Still though, putting a 40 year old Castillo in there with this dude in his prime is damn near criminal. He's gonna get hurt, bad. I wish Haymon didn't have everybody under contract and this Golden Boy Top Rank reconciliation Oscar keeps talking about was real, because Matthyse vs Provo would be ******* insane man.
Sacrificial lamb. Irresponsible from a fighter safety standpoint. Motive is clear, get Ruslan back in the win column fairly easily building momentum towards a larger opponent, payday that becomes available after JLC.

Didn't this Klitschko fight happen earlier today. Was on Football and Didn't catch it but HBO is showing it as "Live". Swore I saw it as "Live" on a different channel earlier.

Edit: Just noticed it says New not Live

Last edited:
Gotta say Klitschko intro was pretty cool...
Best boxing or MMA intro I've seen the past year or two is by far Jon "Bones" Jones starting with "Hot In Herre" breaking into "The Champ Is Here." Paying homage to Ray Lewis. Perhaps I'm biased being there live. Energy and crowd were electric.

Best boxing or MMA intro I've seen the past year or two is by far Jon "Bones" Jones starting with "Hot In Herre" breaking into "The Champ Is Here." Paying homage to Ray Lewis. Perhaps I'm biased being there live. Energy and crowd were electric.
Is that intro on YouTube or something?

Should've DVR'd the fight
mean.gif
.  I knew Wlad was gonna win, but y'all got me hyped to see the intro
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

They only planned to have one episode. I thought Algieri had a shot based on his style and physical attributes, but now I think there is no way he can keep up with Pacquiao's speed and intensity.
AH that's wack on the one ep mess.

I have to agree with your assessment.

I don't know if Algieri can make his reach and stamina work before Pacs assault puts him on the canvas for 10.

AH that's wack on the one ep mess.
I have to agree with your assessment.
I don't know if Algieri can make his reach and stamina work before Pacs assault puts him on the canvas for 10.
You want to see Algieri live at home with his Honda Accord, and Manny pretend to play professional basketball with more turnovers than Geno?

Those of us that box want to see them train. And more episodes probably would have given us that.

Exactly what I would have wanted from more B-Hop/Kovalev.

I actually follow Algeiri on IG now. Dude actually looks like a really good cook :lol:

Been stealing some meal ideas off there for myself while I'm training (may be doing an exhibition bout over the holidays).

Back
Top Bottom