Please lock.

So, apparently Chavez Jr is signing his next fight and he said he isn't signing an extension with Bob Arum. I don't even know if it is vs GGG... Yet

Thankfully he is using common sense hope Manny Pacquiao can do the same but he's a dummy. Pacquiao could be fighting GB stable instead of countless rematch fights I don't care to watch.

So, apparently Chavez Jr is signing his next fight and he said he isn't signing an extension with Bob Arum. I don't even know if it is vs GGG... Yet

Thankfully he is using common sense hope Manny Pacquiao can do the same but he's a dummy. Pacquiao could be fighting GB stable instead of countless rematch fights I don't care to watch.

I really hope his last fight is against GGG. It'd be a shame if he leaves and the best guy he ever fought on HBO was Sergio.

Not that there's anything wrong with it, but there's so many other guys he can fight on the HBO roster. |I

Does anybody know if the Froch/Groves is going to be televised? I want to catch the fight on the undercard with Brandon Gonzales. I like Gonzales I think he's a good fighter.

I really hope GGG gets chavez. I miss watching GGG in the ring :lol:
Cotto vs Martinez is still so far away :smh:

I don't think maidana stands a chance. Everyone said the same thing about Canelo. He is young, strong, fast. He has the hands speed and power to hurt mayweather. All he needs is to get throught the defense.I know Maidana has more experience then Canelo and the bright lights might have got to Canelo and maybe the fight was too big for him...and we can say maidana won't have that issue but i don't see him winning more then one round. I have a feeling maidana will be close to the brandon rios vs pac fight. Straight forward most of the time...not able to get through the defense....getting countered all night. UD Floyd

Manny is a fighter....floyd's whole career and legacy rides on that "and ohhhh" at the end of his record. Manny has lost before and has no real reason to not fight floyd in my eyes. I want to see the fight and i think Floyd would win but i don't blame him for ducking him. Dude is making tons of money fighting dudes he knows he stands a better chance of beating. The pay off or risk vs reward with pac isn't worth it. He is just doing what is best for him. Hate it or love it at least you know thats the way floyd is.

Last edited:
I'm starting to think Chavez Jr. would beat GGG to a pulp.

how come? Size difference? whats JCC 6 foot? GGG is like 5 10 or 5 11?

Chavez is listed as 6'1", but it wouldn't shock me if he's a couple inches taller. The fight is at 168, he will come in huge on fight night. Chavez seems to be taking the sport more seriously. If that really is the case, he will surprise many.

Last edited:
Does anybody know if the Froch/Groves is going to be televised? I want to catch the fight on the undercard with Brandon Gonzales. I like Gonzales I think he's a good fighter.

It will be on HBO

I don't think they're going to show anything besides Froch/Groves. HBO is being piss poor with these under card coverage. That night, I believe they're only showing the Nonito fight and nothing else.

P proshares please do not forget to create a separate thread for the Mayweather fight :lol:

I'll definitely do that today or tomorrow, thanks for the reminder.

Mayweather is going to box Maidana's ears off.  The speed, footwork and reach advantage that he has will be too much for Marcos to handle.  Expect Floyd to get off first and fluster Maidana with various combinations on his way to a UD.

Everyone in the boxing world knows mayweather is scared to fight Pac and if you don't see that I don't know what else to say to you.
No everyone in boxing doesn't. It's you fringe clown stans that think this. If Mayweather was scared of Pac, why would he even sit at the table originally? Scared people don't do that. The fight would have happened if Manny didn't cry over Olympic style testing. Floyd agreed to all of Manny's demands ALL. Even the absurd 10 million per pound over the weight limit.

Now I will say Floyd is being an ***hole now by not taking the fight. He's basically telling Manny to kiss his ***. In his mind he tried so **** him. I blame him and don't blame him at the same time. 

No everyone in boxing doesn't. It's you fringe clown stans that think this. If Mayweather was scared of Pac, why would he even sit at the table originally? Scared people don't do that. The fight would have happened if Manny didn't cry over Olympic style testing. Floyd agreed to all of Manny's demands ALL. Even the absurd 10 million per pound over the weight limit.

Now I will say Floyd is being an ***hole now by not taking the fight. He's basically telling Manny to kiss his ***. In his mind he tried so **** him. I blame him and don't blame him at the same time. 

out of reps but great post.

For those of you who actually have experience in the ring or training fighters are you supposed to run before you hit the gym or after?

Last edited:
For those of you who actually have experience in the ring or training fighters are you supposed to run before you hit the gym or after?

You do your roadwork first thing in the morning.

Eat a bowl of oatmeal, some cut up banana prior to hitting the road.

Though some eat after their morning run.

Last edited:
I always did my morning run on an empty stomach prior to my morning training when I was doing two-a-days. Even after I switched to single sessions I would run in the morning on an empty stomach.

When it was two-a-days, I'd be skipping 30 minutes straight prior to full training in the afternoon and either finishing the session with sprints or a short cool down jog. When I switched to single sessions in the afternoon, I'd do a shorter run followed by skipping prior to the afternoon session.

Should be noted I was training full-time in Thailand under both circumstances.

I always did my morning run on an empty stomach prior to my morning training when I was doing two-a-days. Even after I switched to single sessions I would run in the morning on an empty stomach.

When it was two-a-days, I'd be skipping 30 minutes straight prior to full training in the afternoon and either finishing the session with sprints or a short cool down jog. When I switched to single sessions in the afternoon, I'd do a shorter run followed by skipping prior to the afternoon session.

Should be noted I was training full-time in Thailand under both circumstances.

How many miles would you log in on these morning runs?

How many miles would you log in on these morning runs?

Morning runs were 3-5 miles. Afternoon at most was 2 miles. Most of the time it was just the skipping. I personally hate running, so I always ran as fast as possible the whole time to be done with it.

Floyd Mayweather: "Manny Pacquiao and Tim Bradley fought like amateurs"

The Pacman regained the WBO Welterweight title by decisively out pointing the formerly undefeated fighter, while showing the entire fight community that the he could win at the elite level by showcasing his ability to box proficiently.

Despite receiving much acknowledgement from most fight scribes and ringside experts for his dominant showing against the previously unbeaten fighter, the best pound for pound fighter in the world wasn't too impressed with either fighter's performance on April 12th.

"You know, I hadn't seen Pacquiao fight in years," claims Floyd Mayweather Jr.

"I've seen highlights, but I haven't seen Pacquiao since before Miguel Cotto. But I actually did watch his last fight with Tim Bradley, and I thought that he deserved congratulations. He was the better man."

"But as far as Bradley, whoever he's working out with, they have to make a lot of changes because he's lifting too many weights. I think he's more worried about how he looks when he get on the scale instead of how he performs inside that ring. I thought that Bradley went out there and fought his heart out, but I think he was pulling a lot of shots like an amateur."

"I think he was making a lot of mistakes and he was very fatigued early on. I think that he was making a lot of mistakes, falling off balance and fighting like an amateur."

"I think both fighters fought like amateurs. I thought Pacquiao fought like an amateur also, and I wasn't pleased with his performance, but he got the victory the best way he knows how, but I wasn't pleased with his performance and I'm seeing something totally different in Pacquiao."

The technically gifted fighter claims that Manny Pacquiao hasn't been the same since his former conditioning coach, Alex Ariza, left Team Pacquiao and began working with Robert Garcia's stable of fighters at the Garcia Boxing Academy in Oxnard, California.

"I just don't see the same pop in Pacquiao's shots," states the pound for pound king of boxing. "Once again, I'm not saying that this guy is doing anything, but I don't see the same snap in his shots. He's getting tired when he wasn't getting tired before. I'm seeing something totally different...whereas me, I'm still sharp, I'm still smart, and I'm not getting fatigued."

"I don't know if you guys see it, but that's what I see."

Now that the world renowned conditioning expert is working with his next opponent, Marcos Maidana, is Floyd concerned about "El Chino's" power?

"Well, Maidana punches extremely hard if he has an 80 percent knockout ratio. That's obviously his best attribute. But a lot of times when a guy's swinging a lot of big shots and they're not landing, you get fatigued like that."

"Although I'm sure Maidana punches hard, I may be the hardest puncher that he's ever fought. He hasn't been hit by me yet, so we'll just have to see if he's the harder puncher in the ring on May 3rd."

Back
Top Bottom