Please send JR Smith to College

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2007/nov/30/tomasson-father-vs-son-is-nothing-new/?printer=1/
Nuggets guard J.R. Smith is nicknamed "Youngrich." It's even written on his shoes.
So why the nickname?

"Because I'm young and I'm rich," the New Jersey native said. "My homeboys gave it to me."

Actually, Smith, 22, is not rich by NBA standards. He makes $2.13 million, less than half the league's average salary. But he is trying to cash after the season as a restricted free agent. He turned down a Nuggets contract offer last month because it wasn't lucrative enough.

But Smith can continue to think about money. On a segment called "This or That," recently shown on the video board at a Nuggets home game, he was asked if he preferred "love" or "money."

Smith's answer was "money."

"Because love can hurt you," he said. "Money never hurts you."

laugh.gif
, this dude. I hope he knows no one is gonna pay him top dollar until he steps his game up.

laugh.gif

he should go back to college to work on his game.

caught some of the game yesterday and every time jr smith touched the ball something bad happened to the nuggets.

kid has skills though, just needs to be more poised and polished.

Well, I think that adding some brain power can only help JR Smith with his basketball talent. I think he could be really good, but he's just being a plainfool right now. For whatever reformation he has had, he seems to have exactly the same attitude about life.

He has really good basketball games. Then he has really awful basketball games. But this "money can never hurt you" quote appeared on the big boardat a Nuggets game. The fans saw this and, I presume, immediately started circulating a bucket to raise funds to send JR Smith to college. Maybe love will sendhim to school.

Its good that he nearly missed his career being ended because he passes a car stopped at a stop sign and blasts a car going through the intersection yet stillremains humble about the opportunity he has been given. The only worse than his performance on an NBA court is his attitude. Dude is barely gonna get Kaponomoney when he hits the market. Nothing the L loves more than a selfish player on the court that shoots 40% who has a piss poor attitude.

This dude is a herb. Let him go to some other team and attempt 9 three-pointers a game will shooting sub-40%.

JR smith is a genius

imagine had he went to UNC..
eek.gif

now that I think of it...I'm not even sure that would be have been a good idea..take the contract and run(outta loot)

His game still raw and street. Like cats who either can make a nasty layup in traffic or nail 3's. That's it no midrange game, limited handles, nopassing skills, and no intangables.

Dude is good but man he's not gonna be nothing but a fill in bonus player unless he gets some intelligence.+

Nasty uncounted layup he had last night against the Lakers..

This dude working in the real world yet still very immature.

Despite one yr age difference, comparing him to Lebron maturity level is like night and day.

The sad thing is, you would have thought he would have been humbled a bit after the auto accident he got into claimed his boy's life. However, skip ahead afew months and he's acting a fool in some nightclub getting into an altercation. This dude needs to smarten up.

The sad thing is, you would have thought he would have been humbled a bit after the auto accident he got into claimed his boy's life. However, skip ahead a few months and he's acting a fool in some nightclub getting into an altercation. This dude needs to smarten up

Agreed

I loved him as a rookie. My all time favorite dunk was his behind the back in the dunk contest. Absolutely loved it. But now that he shoots 9 threes a game iskind of.... well.... pathetic. If dude can jump out of the gym, why not dunk over everybody, and not just on fast breaks. Dude has alot of potential to be astar in the leauge. He just has to work at his game. The raw talent he has tops the charts.

Meh, Ricky Davis? I think that's a good comparison IF EVERYTHING GOES WELL for JR Smith. Ricky Davis is his peak. I'm thinking more along the lines ofDamien Wilkins.

Back
Top Bottom