Pokemon Original Japanese Art Vol. Is this what Pokemon should have looked like?

martdizzle23

Banned
These images are done by a Japanese artist and many fans have been arguing that these interpretations were what the original creators had in mind for the series such as the more mature look rather than the cartoonish child interpretations we see in the animated series and in the video games.
mauzxg.jpg

2usx5z6.jpg

605s.jpg

mx07ps.jpg

This is more rough art, which is better in my opinion. It is a bit more scary though for young children, which I was when this came out. I would have liked it though. It reminds me of the digimon movie with the virus.

Them joints would never leave the pokeball if they looked like that.

I'd be thinking they're gonna kill my %$@ if I let them out.

anyone else able to name all of the first set while going through?

PLEASE dont tell me i'm the only one.

^ I'm sure they modified it to make them more appealing to kids. A lot of the pokemons in this original art depict them as far more menacing which is cool for us older guys but it might not look good for kids.

Cool. I doubt this is what the original creator intended, though. I read somewhere the reason he wanted Pokemon to "faint" was because he had issues with them "dying".
So I doubt he intended them to look this "mature". And it was intended for children.

I mean look at Jigglypuff.

Nice interpretation, still.

Originally Posted by iamxtian

anyone else able to name all of the first set while going through?

PLEASE dont tell me i'm the only one.
Right here man, I got you. OG 150 (+1) FTW!!!

All the water ones are hella weird looking. especially lapras

Ninetales though. :tongue:IFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

Back
Top Bottom