Poker VENT!! vol. im pissed

I know all bad beat stories sounds the same, I actually get annoyed when other players share at the table.
But, I gotta vent. So, Im BB and there are no raises by the SB or anyone before him so I see my hand
for free which is 10, 5 off. Flop comes I hit a 10 which is low pair. SB bets into me and I raise to see if I can seal the pot
or scare a middle pair or weak high pair away. Dude calls. Turn comes and another 10 comes. Dude bets into be again.
At this point Im confused because I have a set with a hand I have no business playing so what is this dude doin? Not too mention if he did have
Ace and something higher than a Queen, why no raise? Its not a gup table. Anway, I raise all in and dude calls almost instantly. Im thinkin does this
guy really think 2-5% is worth $150ish IF he's drawing. King some on river. I show my set dude shows his straight Im like HUH!? Im not the type to say+%@!
but, I was like you should go play the lotto its the same probability. SMH
mad.gif

i don't understand your point here... did he suck out to the straight or he had it on the turn? because it's not really playing the lotto if he has thenuts
laugh.gif

I hit the set on the turn he swallowed on the river. Nuts on the river?! cmons bruh 2-5%er, I guess if that how you want to try and catch the nuts

i don't know how he's been playing the whole game... was he open ended..did he already have a pair?.... u never gave the whole play by play...just whatyou have... anyway... he could be putting you on nothing since no raise what not.... and by him going all in he still had probability to win the hand...yousaid u had a small pair, was there a higher pair on the board that can beat you... these things factor in...

Originally Posted by ballinsincekneehigh

I hit the set on the turn he swallowed on the river. Nuts on the river?! cmons bruh 2-5%er, I guess if that how you want to try and catch the nuts

well you didn't make it clear when he hit his straight... so yeah, he got you on probably a 4-outer but big deal.. happens probably every 10 secondssomewhere. there's no telling the type of read he had on you.

Maybe if you gave the specific details of his hand and the board it would make more sense.. all i know so far is that the board had two 10's and a king onit, plus 2 higher cards than 10... and that he got a straight. If he has a piece of the board and thinks you're full of it, maybe it's not a completechase?

Point really is this... it's poker, and you make money off people who make bad plays.. so don't complain about them if you're going to win thosesituations, as you said, 95 percent of the time. If everyone played as perfectly as you seem to think you do, you'd never win.

there is always that one person on the table that pulls that kinda stunt... can't have them all, i guess.

hahahaha you were holdin 10-5 (each card is needed to make a straight) and you were beat by a straight......
eyes.gif

I dont recall saying that I think I seem to play perfect. And me sayin that 10 was low pair it doesn't take a genius to assume that if anyone is chasinganything, its a straight hence, the lack in hand detail. But once I hit the 10 on the turn it should be time for him to pump the breaks bc after this point heis chasing a gutter.

Originally Posted by wigglez25

hahahaha you were holdin 10-5 (each card is needed to make a straight) and you were beat by a straight......
eyes.gif

Guess you missed the part when I said I hit a setand I was big blind and there was no initial raises.
eyes.gif

I dont recall saying that I think I seem to play perfect. And me sayin that 10 was low pair it doesn't take a genius to assume that if anyone is chasing anything, its a straight hence, the lack in hand detail. But once I hit the 10 on the turn it should be time for him to pump the breaks bc after this point he is chasing a gutter.
I was obviously being sarcastic in saying you think you play perfect, but your comment about "taking a genius" to figure out thespecifics of a hand nobody else but you saw make me think it really does apply to you.

If you're so smart - maybe you should realize, as I already pointed out, that guys making plays like this are how good players get paid off in the longrun.. and not cry about it.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

I dont recall saying that I think I seem to play perfect. And me sayin that 10 was low pair it doesn't take a genius to assume that if anyone is chasing anything, its a straight hence, the lack in hand detail. But once I hit the 10 on the turn it should be time for him to pump the breaks bc after this point he is chasing a gutter.
I was obviously being sarcastic in saying you think you play perfect, but your comment about "taking a genius" to figure out the specifics of a hand nobody else but you saw make me think it really does apply to you.

If you're so smart - maybe you should realize, as I already pointed out, that guys making plays like this are how good players get paid off in the long run.. and not cry about it.

Actually guys making plays like this are guys that go broke in the long run

You sucked out on him then he got you back?

Why are you reraising the SB unless you think he has total air and simply cbet the flop?
What did the board look like?

J 10 x ...... ?

This is not a bad beat.
My last one was too
laugh.gif

I have AA in the BB. Raise. 2 callers. Flop comes As 9s Kx.
It's two tone so I bet 3/4 pot thinking at least one of em will call. Either the straight draw or the flush draw.
1 fold......and I get re-raised all in. So, I'm like, eh, gotta call. Worst hand I can see is a Flush draw.

Maniac turns over 6d8d.

I just stare in amazement.

turn: 5x .............. this is where I knew I was dead.

river: 7x. ..........

went on moneky tilt.

I was obviously being sarcastic in saying you think you play perfect, but your comment about "taking a genius" to figure out the specifics of a hand nobody else but you saw make me think it really does apply to you.

If you're so smart - maybe you should realize, as I already pointed out, that guys making plays like this are how good players get paid off in the long run.. and not cry about it.

Not what I said... people making bad plays are how good players profit, is what i was saying.

You seem a bit dense.

Not what I said... people making bad plays are how good players profit, is what i was saying.

You seem a bit dense.

Dense? Tense? Nah just venting

This happens every night for a lot more money than that. I feel your pain though, its worse playing online

Originally Posted by bustinxjustin

Originally Posted by one kL

you had trips..not a set
I thought that a set was three of a kind.

Generally, people refer to a set when someone has a three of a kind because they have a pocket pair, with a board matching that rank of the pocket pair inhold'em. For example, if I hold 77 and the flop comes J76, I flopped a set of sevens.

set is when you are holding a pocket pair and you hit a card. trip is when the board pairs up for you to make three of a kind. only donkeys raise a flop with apair of 10 as a bottom pair. no bad beat here just bad player

Back
Top Bottom