Police: 1981 killing of Adam Walsh solved

Don't know if it's been posted, but I just saw the headline on MSN... thought I'd share.

Link:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28257294/?GT1=43001

081216-adam-walsh-vsmall-1p.vsmall.jpg

HOLLYWOOD, Fla. - Authorities in South Florida announced Tuesday that they've finally solved the 1981 killing of Adam Walsh, whose father later gained fameas the host of "America's Most Wanted."
Hollywood police held a news conference to close the case of the abduction and homicide of 6-year-old Adam.They identified the boy's killer as Ottis Toole, a drifter who confessed to the murder, then recanted before dying in prison in 1996. Toole's niecetold the boy's father, John Walsh, her uncle gave a deathbed confession.

Adam's parents, John and Reve Walsh, long ago derided the investigation as botched. Both attended a newsconference and gave a tearful account of what's it's been like not knowing for decades who killed their son.

The boy went missing from a Hollywood mall on July 27, 1981. Fishermen discovered his severed head in a canal 120 miles away two weekslater. The rest of his body was never found.

John Walsh said his son's case shows why parents should never give up hope. He said police recentlyreviewed evidence in the case to come to the conclusion that Toole was the killer.

Walsh said he never had any doubt that Toole was the murderer, even though it took decades to confirm. At thetime of the killing, some key evidence had been lost and DNA testing had not yet been developed.

"For us it ends here," Walsh said.

Over the years, Toole had claimed hundreds of murders, but police determined most of the confessions werelies.

Originally Posted by NikeHolic23

Wow.

Finally, some closure.

Good to hear, but damn.
tired.gif
My same exact feelings. To think that this sparked finding so many other criminals is a positive note to reflect on.

That's crazy..I justed learned about Otis Toole and his partner..Otis Toole is a gay murderer and is also claimed to be a cannibal...I've learned thisinfo from watching the channel I'D

I can't think of his partners name at the moment..but both of the killers will just about confess to ANY murder to make there names bigger..

Just a little info of this clown

That's crazy..I justed learned about Otis Toole and his partner..Otis Toole is a gay murderer and is also claimed to be a cannibal...I've learned thisinfo from watching the channel I'D

I can't think of his partners name at the moment..but both of the killers will just about confess to ANY murder to make there names bigger..

Just a little info of this clown

I've been watching America's Most Wanted for almost 10 years now, glad the dude finally gets closure.

Originally Posted by dlsilva21

Originally Posted by NikeHolic23

Wow.

Finally, some closure.

Good to hear, but damn.
tired.gif
My same exact feelings. To think that this sparked finding so many other criminals is a positive note to reflection on.

yeah thats crazy to think so much good came out of something so tragic

What's the basis behind finally naming Toole as the killer? He's been a suspect for years, why does he all of sudden get the finger pointed at him fromthe grave?

i was just about to post this. shocking story. hope this story will remind parents and future parents to NEVER LEAVE THEIR KID ALONE REGARDLESS THE SITUATIONAND CIRCUMSTANCES.

John Walsh is a real cool guy... he plays in Polo games up here in Saratoga NY in the summers... I had him in my restaurant during the Horse Racing season andtalked to him for a while at one of the polo events.

Hes a really nice guy and im glad that him and his family will be able to end this long journey to finding out what happened.

I also admire what he has done in the wake of his sons death... Americas Most Wanted has been a huge success and has helped many families share the samefeelings that John and his family are at this time.

didnt even know he had a son who went missing and murdered till i saw this in the news today
RIP to Adam Walsh

and im glad they found out who it was

Back
Top Bottom