Police called to Houston malls during AJ XI Cool Grey release.

cwk

http://blogs.chron.com/newswatch/2010/12/melee_reported_at_mall_in_line_1.html

[h3]Melee reported at mall in line for shoes[/h3][table][tr][td]
grayjordan.jpg

Nike
The shoe that is drawing crowds to malls across the country today. [/td][/tr][/table]
From the Chronicle's Dale Lezon:
Police have been sent to a Houston-area mall after some of the hundreds of shoppers apparently became unruly while they waited outside to buy new Nike Air Jordan shoes, officials said today.

The police were dispatched to Deerbrook Mall in the 20000 block of U.S. 59 in Humble about 6 a.m. Shoppers had lined up before dawn to buy the new-model shoes named for former basketball star Michael Jordan, officials said. Some of them appeared to be unruly.

Also today, Houston police were called to a disturbance as Air Jordans went on sale at the Northline Mall.

From television station KTRK:
More than 500 people lined up outside the Deerbrook Mall. According to reports, so many people came out that a fight broke out when some were apparently trying to get ahead in line.

One shopper told Eyewitness News the new Air Jordans are on sale at Finish Line and Foot Locker and that is what they are all hoping to grab when stores open. It appears that everyone who was lined up inside the mall were all sent outside. Authorities are now blocking all entrances of the mall.

So far there are no reports of any injuries. Multiple Harris County sheriff's deputies and Precinct 4 deputies converged on the mall, trying to keep everyone in order.

A new model of Jordans in light gray is causing the stir.

From SFGate.com:
The new "Air Jordans" arrived at the Sunvalley (Calif.) Mall this morning, and the crowd was there to greet them, as were the Concord & Pleasant Hill Police.

The shoes were set to go on sale at midnight inside Foot Locker, but the crowd became a little rowdy, and started pounding on doors, so after a while, police ended up shutting them down and making everybody go home.

We heard a few people were able to purchase the $175 pair of shoes before Foot Locker closed until later today.

http://blogs.chron.com/newswatch/2010/12/melee_reported_at_mall_in_line_1.html

[h3]Melee reported at mall in line for shoes[/h3][table][tr][td]
grayjordan.jpg

Nike
The shoe that is drawing crowds to malls across the country today. [/td][/tr][/table]
From the Chronicle's Dale Lezon:
Police have been sent to a Houston-area mall after some of the hundreds of shoppers apparently became unruly while they waited outside to buy new Nike Air Jordan shoes, officials said today.

The police were dispatched to Deerbrook Mall in the 20000 block of U.S. 59 in Humble about 6 a.m. Shoppers had lined up before dawn to buy the new-model shoes named for former basketball star Michael Jordan, officials said. Some of them appeared to be unruly.

Also today, Houston police were called to a disturbance as Air Jordans went on sale at the Northline Mall.

From television station KTRK:
More than 500 people lined up outside the Deerbrook Mall. According to reports, so many people came out that a fight broke out when some were apparently trying to get ahead in line.

One shopper told Eyewitness News the new Air Jordans are on sale at Finish Line and Foot Locker and that is what they are all hoping to grab when stores open. It appears that everyone who was lined up inside the mall were all sent outside. Authorities are now blocking all entrances of the mall.

So far there are no reports of any injuries. Multiple Harris County sheriff's deputies and Precinct 4 deputies converged on the mall, trying to keep everyone in order.

A new model of Jordans in light gray is causing the stir.

From SFGate.com:
The new "Air Jordans" arrived at the Sunvalley (Calif.) Mall this morning, and the crowd was there to greet them, as were the Concord & Pleasant Hill Police.

The shoes were set to go on sale at midnight inside Foot Locker, but the crowd became a little rowdy, and started pounding on doors, so after a while, police ended up shutting them down and making everybody go home.

We heard a few people were able to purchase the $175 pair of shoes before Foot Locker closed until later today.

Originally Posted by Daver

From The Bay to Houston, it's going down.
laugh.gif
good luck everyone!

For real, and dudes said plenty to go around. my people been calling me ALL morning trying to get these. Cant even sleep, my phone keeps ringing off the hook. My people always know I have multiples on the
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
releases.

Originally Posted by Daver

From The Bay to Houston, it's going down.
laugh.gif
good luck everyone!

For real, and dudes said plenty to go around. my people been calling me ALL morning trying to get these. Cant even sleep, my phone keeps ringing off the hook. My people always know I have multiples on the
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
releases.

It was pretty low key at West Oaks Mall. The guys at Foot Locker did a hell of a job. They ran out of people before shoes. Last time I checked they had a few kids sizes left. They did a numbering system that happened to work out pretty well. I've heard other stories about Sharpstown, GreensPoint, and other spots.

It was pretty low key at West Oaks Mall. The guys at Foot Locker did a hell of a job. They ran out of people before shoes. Last time I checked they had a few kids sizes left. They did a numbering system that happened to work out pretty well. I've heard other stories about Sharpstown, GreensPoint, and other spots.

Back
Top Bottom