Police Kill Unarmed Teen In Ferguson, Missouri

Why should the family apologize :lol: asinine

The looting represents a small minority of the protesting but is all that people want to focus on.

Wondering why the police are trying to force people to go home? Is there a time limit on peaceful assembly? I haven't read the Bill of Rights lately, but...

Last edited:
And do what instead since the system is still broken and they feel wronged?
Organize politically and economically in order to exert pressure towards legislation that will benefit the community and it's safety. It's the basic premise of any successful movement. The fact you're even asking is sad.

That prosecutor needs to step down, he wasn't trying to convince anybody that there needed to be a trial. He damn near was acting like Wilson's defense attorney.

POS we didn't stand a chance when the corruption started from the top

I know the jig was up when the Attorney General of the United States resigned 2 weeks after this incident, he knew what was going to happen.

It's really shame on us for thinking doing our job and electing our "people" into "power" would somehow "protect" us

Organize politically and economically in order to exert pressure towards legislation that will benefit the community and it's safety. It's the basic premise of any successful movement. The fact you're even asking is sad.
 dude saying we need to loot and vandalize because there is no other way things can be done...yeah that's definitely how you'll solve the problem 
laugh.gif

:lol: are you really trying to justify this looting? How is looting getting back at the system? how did those store owners wrong them?

Not justifying anything. Just asking fir a simple alternative solution. Something else for the opportunists to do. I got one how about just leave.

:lol:  Alright, you guys are sensitive about one persons misfortune but are quick to be callous for another. Store owner did nothing to deserve what happened to him, and if you disagree idk what to say to you

/thread

some of you are so annoying

Have they not been doing that for the past 3 months? And what's changed? The system is still corrupt, the leadership still incompetent starting with the governor and trickling down to the police department and people are still focusing on the wrong thing.

I don't know if they had midterm elections earlier this month in MO but again these people were elected by the community and are failing to do their jobs.

Economic pressure is an interesting solution but money is an illusion of power it isn't actual power. You can't take it to the grave with you.

The civil rights movement was an organized movement but not as many people cared about the plight even it was just bus boycotts and sit ins. They damn sure payed attention around the country and world though when those images of police sending dogs to attack people and then being doused with fire truck hoses. Or marching on bloody Sunday across that Selma bridge. Sometimes even appeasement doesn't work other methods are taken to grab attention. It is not being done in the traditional or ideal way but the violence is causing people to pay attention some for the first time.

It happened back in 1776, in the 60s, and maybe it's happening again. So although I feel for these people that are losing their property, I'm thinking in the vein of in totality something greater will result from all of this. And real change will occur.

There's also plenty of organized and peaceful protests going on all over the country just look at history at the epicenter it's usually more heightened and unstable.

Last edited:
Idk if people really care about Michael brown and the legislation itself or if they wanna loot something and just join for the fun of it

Over 100 protests across the country. Highways/ tunnels have been blocked off by protesters. It puts a smile on my face that they figured out the power of numbers

Over 100 protests across the country. Highways/ tunnels have been blocked off by protesters. It puts a smile on my face that they figured out the power of numbers

hope 101 and 5 aren't closed.

need to drive up to the bay

Do you believe that this would be allowed to actually take place? Using the same system that is oppressing them..against them?

Have they not been doing that for the past 3 months? And what's changed? The system is still corrupt, the leadership still incompetent starting with the governor and trickling down to the police department and people are still focusing on the wrong thing.

I don't know if they had midterm elections earlier this month in MO but again these people were elected by the community and are failing to do their jobs.

Economic pressure is an interesting solution but money is an illusion of power it isn't actual power. You can't take it to the grave with you.

The civil rights movement was an organized movement but not as many people cared about the plight even it was just bus boycotts and sit ins. They damn sure payed attention around the country and world though when those images of police sending dogs to attack people and then being doused with fire truck hoses. Or marching on bloody Sunday across that Selma bridge. Sometimes even appeasement doesn't work other methods are taken to grab attention. It is not being done in the traditional or ideal way but the violence is causing people to pay attention some for the first time.

It happened back in 1776, in the 60s, and maybe it's happening again. So although I feel for these people that are losing their property, I'm thinking in the vein of in totality something greater will result from all of this. And real change will occur.

There's also plenty of organized and peaceful protests going on all over the country just look at history at the epicenter it's usually more heightened and unstable.
who was the leader of the political movement in Ferguson. What legislation was the goal of the movement? What was the long term plan. If you can't answer those then there was No true movement in Ferguson. Just disorganized frustration

But people ITT are only focusing on the riot in Ferguson :smh:

who was the leader of the political movement in Ferguson. What legislation was the goal of the movement? What was the long term plan. If you can't answer those then there was No true movement in Ferguson. Just disorganized frustration

There's not a single leader there's many community leaders including clergy, politicians, and others. They've tried to have organized protests but we're met with excessive police force, questionable leadership and misleading actions by the state and local government. There have been plenty of peaceful marches and protests since August. The only times is escalated to violence is when either the police & govt insinuated it ie releasing that store video before the officers name in August or last night. The response has been overwhelming calm and constitutionally appropriate.

But again the system is what they're battling and that same system has shown to be incapable of both protecting them or their property and at the same time being and oppressive force. The goal is to change the systemic nature mired in race relations at its core and police-citizen interaction on its surface.

If you've been following this story as well as the countless others like out in the past years you would know that. And thats why you see the response nationwide cause Ferguson is just a microcosm of the ugly side this country is trying to bury.

Truth

[emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji]. Well said.

"Let them loot they're angry. "

"don't loot its. counter productive. "

"F you. You don't get. Burn it down. Shut it down. **** the system. "

"You're not doing anything to help your cause. "

"Sit this one out. "

*Press covers riots/looters. *

"Why are the covering the looters. It's not the issue and now minimizing the fact that Wilson wasn't charged with anything. "

Because YOU ARE ****** LOOTING DUMBASSES. Burning livelihoods and establishments. It's a crime. Arson. Theft. Burglarly. Robbery. Looting. Etc Etc. You are creating distractions and destruction and impeding daily life of all locals across these locations. People have to go to work and still make a living....

I applaud all those peaceful protesters.

Apparently the national guard and the police don't care because they were/are more concerned with making sure the riot doesn't end up in any of the surrounding white neighborhoods.

I hope you are this passionate every time people riot in this country. Don't remember this much concern when people riot over sports or pumpkins. :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom