Police Kill Unarmed Teen In Ferguson, Missouri

Watch the video again, you can clearly see him lifting up the right side of his vest/hoody to pull something out of his waistband right before he's shot.  The kid was already waving the gun around and pointing it at people which is what prompted the calls to the police.  I don't know about you, but If I have a gun on me, real or fake, and the cops pull up, the first thing I'd do is put my arms up...NOT go for something in my waistband.

View media item 1277207

That being said, how come no one's asking what a 12 year old was doing with a realistic looking gun in the first place?   Some of you guys make it seem like cops wake up every morning thinking to themselves..hey, I think I'm going to go out and kill a black kid today.  Why not looking at the totality of the circumstances?  Did the cop in this case shoot too quickly? Probably. But you can't really scrutinize JUST the cop's actions without also taking into consideration the circumstances leading up to the shooting.
pointing it at people?

Waving it around?

Sooooo... Because he's been outside in a park waving it around at people... No one thought "hmmm... This is a kid... Prolly playing with other kids... Let's appracht this differently"

I doubt he was scaring people...

Black people with guns scare white people... Kinda like what happened to ol' buddy at the Walmart.

Police officers are trained, myself being a military police officer, to treat every situation independently from another. Did he have to shoot the kid so quickly? No! But none of us know exactly what is going through his mind or how he Is perceiving the threat. Hey look man.. he did what he felt was right at the time and will have to articulaten and handle the consequences of his actions.

I will be honest with you.. If a kid, woman, elder lady, black, white, Asian or Hispanic person points a gun or attempts to take MY gun from me. I'm sending them to the afterlife. Period! That is a direct display of intent to commit serious bodily harm or death and will be met with equal or greater force to defend myself.
At least in your profession, YOU ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

Look how many armed forcemen who went HAM in Iraq where charged with crimes.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2014/06/dash_cam_footage_from_open_car.html

So, you're telling me that they couldn't afford that 12 year old black child the same protocol this white man got?
First off, do you think police officers in OHIO and police in MICHIGAN go to the same police academy or something? That they receive the same training and have the same protocols?

Second, did you even bother reading the article? 

It is legal to openly carry a gun in Michigan  but illegal to brandish one, which KDPS Assistant Chief Donald Webster described as essentially “waving or displaying the firearm in a threatening manner.”

"A second caller says he saw an older man walking down the street with what looked to be an assault rifle, although he admits it could also be a pellet or BB gun. He says the man had the gun up by his shoulder and "didn't look dangerous or nothing." The dispatcher asks if the gun is in the man's hands, to which the caller replies it is not. "He's an elderly man and I just want to make sure everything's all right," he says.

Compare this:

With this:

Police were sent to the Cudell Recreation Center at Detroit Avenue and West Boulevard about 3:30 p.m. when someone called 9-1-1 to report a "guy with a gun pointing it at people."

Is it that hard to see the difference between the two situations (location aside)?  Or are you so blinded by your hatred for the racist white cops that the ONLY reason why a 12 year old black is now dead is because of the actions of the cops and nothing else? 

Last edited:
Can we stop talking about this kid? It was an unfortunate situation involving a stupid kid with irresponsible parents and trigger-happy cops. I don't care about this kid.

We're here to argue with each other and call each other SWS over MB and DW. Let's get back to that

Watch the video again, you can clearly see him lifting up the right side of his vest/hoody to pull something out of his waistband right before he's shot.  The kid was already waving the gun around and pointing it at people which is what prompted the calls to the police.  I don't know about you, but If I have a gun on me, real or fake, and the cops pull up, the first thing I'd do is put my arms up...NOT go for something in my waistband.

View media item 1277207

That being said, how come no one's asking what a 12 year old was doing with a realistic looking gun in the first place?   Some of you guys make it seem like cops wake up every morning thinking to themselves..hey, I think I'm going to go out and kill a black kid today.  Why not looking at the totality of the circumstances?  Did the cop in this case shoot too quickly? Probably. But you can't really scrutinize JUST the cop's actions without also taking into consideration the circumstances leading up to the shooting.
pointing it at people?

Waving it around?

Sooooo... Because he's been outside in a park waving it around at people... No one thought "hmmm... This is a kid... Prolly playing with other kids... Let's appracht this differently"

Black people with guns scare white people... Kinda like what happened to ol' buddy at the Walmart.

to be fair people with guns scare other people of all races. some people are just afraid of guns period.

the outcome of that fright is drastically different for... Some people :smh:

First off, do you think police officers in OHIO and police in MICHIGAN go to the same police academy or something? That they receive the same training and have the same protocols?

It is legal to openly carry a gun in Michigan but illegal to brandish one, which KDPS Assistant Chief Donald Webster described as essentially “waving or displaying the firearm in a threatening manner.”

"A second caller says he saw an older man walking down the street with what looked to be an assault rifle, although he admits it could also be a pellet or BB gun. He says the man had the gun up by his shoulder and "didn't look dangerous or nothing." The dispatcher asks if the gun is in the man's hands, to which the caller replies it is not. "He's an elderly man and I just want to make sure everything's all right," he says.

Compare this:

View media item 1277452

With this:

View media item 1277453

Is it that hard to see the difference between the two situations (location aside)?  Or are you so blinded by your hatred for the racist white cops that the ONLY reason why a 12 year old black is now dead is because of the actions of the cops and nothing else? 

Yep... One is white... Walking alone.

The other is black in a crowded area, probably playing with other kids.

Who's more likely to be threatening?

If the kid had a real gun, why hadn't he shot it yet? Why weren't other calls made?

Why didn't the dispatch say the gun might've been fake?

It is legal to openly carry a gun in Michigan  but illegal to brandish one, which KDPS Assistant Chief Donald Webster described as essentially “waving or displaying the firearm in a threatening manner.”

Compare this:

With this:

Police were sent to the Cudell Recreation Center at Detroit Avenue and West Boulevard about 3:30 p.m. when someone called 9-1-1 to report a "guy with a gun pointing it at people."

Ohio is an open carry state, bruh. What's your point?

I take back my apology...you're obviously McCulloughs seed.

I hope you never have kids and they...well do things kids do.

View media item 1277207

pointing it at people?

Waving it around?

I hate the fact this child was killed, but I'd like to ask how often do you see people in general holding firearms pointing and waving them around at people?

I hate the fact this child was killed, but I'd like to ask how often do you see people in general holding firearms pointing and waving them around at people?
I've seen a white man named Cliven Bundy punk a whole country, brandishing weapons and having snipers ready to shoot, and he's still alive.

I believe something that many people, to include members of this board, are not fully understanding is yhe amount of time police officers face when confronting suspects who are either armed or acting aggressively. It's easy for us to play Monday quarterback about what should and should not have been done forgetting that these officers have literally SECONDS to perceive a situation, determine; opportunity, capability and intent of the subject they are facing. I promise you that the officer arriving to the scene of the 12 year old had no idea the gun was fake and did not have the time to try and figure it out. If the officer would have sat there trying to figure it out without knowing the intent of the kid, he could be dead. Let's not act like a 12 year old is not capable of committing murder.

People need to stop lying to themselves believing that cops will just let you do whatever you want with no reprocussions. If you attack an officer... Best believe you are either going to get ****** up or killed! Plain and simple. We all know this but continue to push limits.

I believe something that many people, to include members of this board, are not fully understanding is yhe amount of time police officers face when confronting suspects who are either armed or acting aggressively. It's easy for us to play Monday quarterback about what should and should not have been done forgetting that these officers have literally SECONDS to perceive a situation, determine; opportunity, capability and intent of the subject they are facing. I promise you that the officer arriving to the scene of the 12 year old had no idea the gun was fake and did not have the time to try and figure it out. If the officer would have sat there trying to figure it out without knowing the intent of the kid, he could be dead. Let's not act like a 12 year old is not capable of committing murder.

People need to stop lying to themselves believing that cops will just let you do whatever you want with no reprocussions. If you attack an officer... Best believe you are either going to get ****** up or killed! Plain and simple. We all know this but continue to push limits.
how did this 12 year old push those limits?

is it possible to have a discussion without hurling insults at one another? Don't have to have the same POV, but damn...where's the respect towards other board members?

how did this 12 year old push those limits?

Did I say the 12 year old did?

Let's not act like a 12 year old is not capable of committing murder.

mean.gif

so you mean to tell me you think a 12 year old boy is going to murder a police officer?

you been watching too many eps of the wire

Last edited:
I don't know why you guys are debating whether the officer in this 12 year old shooting acted appropriately or not.

He broke protocol. It's been been conceded.

It's also not a matter of the kid "brandishing" the weapon. He wasn't.

He did frighten the officer by lifting his shirt/reaching for his waist and the officer took it as a threatening movement. He was in the wrong. He was also a rookie.

He also claimed he told the kid THREE times to put down his gun and get his hands up.

A. We can see from the video he prob didnt tell the kid to do anything more than once, if that.

B. It's a 12 year old. He was prob trying to show dude it was a toy.

Missouri is also an open carry state and yes you can hold a gun in your hand. They can arrest you if you don't have a license.

It's going to be investigated then we'll see where it goes from there. You guys are just arguing over nothing.

The "cops are always at fault" people are entrenched in their position and the neo-con, "Black people are always thuggish and raised by bad parents" people are entrenched in theirs.

The cops were in the wrong. That's conceded and can be seen. Whether or not it was an understandable mistake is ye to be determined.

Get back on topic.

Last edited:
You know why people hate cops as whole? No matter what - they defend their own. They claim it's an extremely hard job yet consistently defend incompetence and prejudice. It's really sad. They should hold their fellow officers to a higher standard.

Back
Top Bottom