Pony City Wings '08

MSRP: $69.99
Designed by former adidas designer, Kyle Pulli, who designed shoes like a3 Superstar Structure, Garnett 1 to 3, T-MAC 3.5 to 6, and Gil Zero:

2ekrrtf.jpg

2s9xg0j.jpg

al2p88.jpg

k0rog5.jpg

Wow, yuku just ate my post . Anyway, I said the shoes seem pretty nice. The look has potential, and I'm sure they're super light. I just think a betterprice would have been $70. I don't think they'll sell too well at $80, due to the hyperdunk. I hope they do though...

I think the bigger news is the return of KeonClark!!! LOL

But Kyle Pulli has done some great things with adidas. Pony can only go up from here. They're really doing a hell of a job selling basic features we takefor granted in most Nikes and packaging them as almost patented technology.

Something nice to build on I guess.

Nice shoe. Simple design. Classic colorway. Great price point. Wouldnt mind picking these up to test them out on the court.

I really like the design at that price point. Will cop for sure when they go on sale. Hopefully Eastbay.com will carry the Wilson Chandler colorway though.

A shame Eastbay doesn't advertise all these marketing images to go along with the shoe, even on the website. I'd figure their catalog mail outs arealways packed page to page and there's less room for PONY among everything else (when they only carry a few models of Pony for now), but at least on thewebsite - there should be this set of marketing images straight from the company. They could just even throw on a link to Pony.com or wherever the site is ontheir product page, "to find out more information (check out www.Pony.com)," for example.

Thanks for sharing them.

Figured this model was bare bones and middle of the pact until seeing all the sole details now.

Suede on the NYK colorway pops together with the orange sole.
Patent detail on the logo of the Black/Red is also nice. Great seeing patent leather used in moderation. Its usually all over or nothing.

is wilson chandler wearing these? ive seen him playing this preseason and iam sure he was wearing hyperdunks.

none of adidas' shoes look good to me this year. ts creator, commander, and commander bounce all look bleh...

probably cuz pulli is gone !

^^^ Did the dude abandon PONY or something? I saw him wearing HD's tonight and thought I was out of my mind or something.

I like the black/orange. Overall the shoe looks good with a nice price. Would like to try them out.

Cool shoe. I'm rooting for Pony, wore them in '83 as well. Pony was a mainstay of serious ballers back then. Nike, adidas, cons, pony and puma were thebig 5. with Brooks and Pro-Keds as well. then NB came out with hoop shoes in 84 or so. Nice period for Basketball shoes, right before rbk and there "gloveleather" aerobic shoes got huge. meh.

Back
Top Bottom