Poor people living outside their means unappreciation

Dude I agree with u wholeheartedly.  

I'm not hating because I find it appalling how ppl below their means spend their money.

I'm just having a hard time understanding what goes through their minds that warrants them to make such frivolous decisions.

I know people who tell me they live comfortably. By that, they mean they can pay the rent, bills, and splurge on designers on a monthly basis. Now compared to OP's example, this might seem like an improvement. But not for me. You can't spend all your disposable incomes on things you don't need. Most should at least go to a saving, or some sort of invesment to generate further wealth. Let alone shopping on credit.

I get you OP. But you know what man, because that type of ppl exists, that helps u, a few others who agreed with u in this topic, and I, more aware of our money management.

So keep stacking and saving my brethrens. And may wealth always be with you.

To all the people saying to stop checking other peoples pockets you guys are right lets not worry about the next man's or woman's money. If we are not worried about their money then we also shouldnt worry about how they are getting their money to feed themselves or their children cause we shouldnt be worrying about them

Kinda funny people only want to worry about them when it benefits them. I am all for helping those that need help but i am not for supporting people who waste their paychecks with no thought of bettering themselves living on my dime.

It is our business to worry about people defrauding the government or spending their money on luxury items when they supposedly dont have the money to feed themselves or put a roof over their head because it is our money in tax dollars that is supporting their lifestyle.

People want to keep up an image that isn't real. Sure you can drive a nice car, but are you able to eat and keep up with your bills on time? I'd rather drive my Grand Am and live in my one bedroom apt as opposed to driving an Escalade barely being able to make insurance payments after I pay for the car note

I don't know any poor ppl doing this, nor do I see them, and when I hear about them I just think why should I be mad. Let them live how they want.

What they eat don't make me %@@@.

Originally Posted by UTVOL23

It is our business to worry about people defrauding the government or spending their money on luxury items when they supposedly dont have the money to feed themselves or put a roof over their head because it is our money in tax dollars that is supporting their lifestyle.

This is //thread.

And if you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack

I live in NYC which is almost like the capitol of broke people fronting like they got money. I worked retail in SoHo about 2-3 years ago, and I couldn't tell you how many times I'd see someone walk into the store rocking an outfit that would add up to about $1,000 in value, but then when they'd come to buy something their credit card would get declined. When I was younger and was taking the bus, I'd see grown men/women wearing designer brands from head to toe. Even now, I'll pass by the bus stop and see guys wearing yeezy's, Louis Vuitton clothing, etc. It's ridiculous but you can't do anything but just laugh at them. Not to mention the guys that drop $600 on some limited release sneakers at Flight Club, but they're wearing $30 jeans and a $5 white tee because they spend 95% of their income on shoes and 5% on the rest of their wardrobe. I'm sure a lot of NT'ers do the same tho
laugh.gif

I think the funniest part is when you ride public transportation in NYC, the people pretending to be ballin' with their expensive clothing on will look at you all snobby like
eyes.gif
grin.gif
when they see you in a regular everyday outfit going to school or something, but it's like "Yo, YOU'RE TAKING THE BUS TOO!
laugh.gif
"

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

what if they take the bus to avoid traffic ?
laugh.gif
 maybe native NYCers can shed some light on this, but i thought everyone takes public transportation?  i mean, one of my good friends was living in the city with her husband for a few years before they moved back out to LA and she said the only time they ever took the car was when they were driving out of the city, otherwise it was public transportation or chevrolegs the entire time.  They definitely werent hurtin for money either.

Word to people who live at apartments and have new HDTVs, expensive clothes, new truck, yet always seem to be late to pay the rent and eventually get evicted.

I administer my dads apartment complex and this constantly happens. One Of the tenants really once told me that he has to wait another 2 weeks to get his next paycheck in order to pay the rent since he had just made a payment for his brand new diesel Silverado. i don't understand how some people can prioritize a car payment instead of making sure their family have a roof over their head.
30t6p3b.gif

Keep in mind that the rent is $700 for 3 year old two story apartments with 2 restrooms, 3 bedrooms, A big living room, and a decent size kitchen (im not exactly sure how much sq. feet).

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

laugh.gif
 maybe native NYCers can shed some light on this, but i thought everyone takes public transportation?  i mean, one of my good friends was living in the city with her husband for a few years before they moved back out to LA and she said the only time they ever took the car was when they were driving out of the city, otherwise it was public transportation or chevrolegs the entire time.  They definitely werent hurtin for money either.

Practically everyone in NYC does take public transportation. It's (usually) faster because traffic is 
sick.gif
. A car still comes in handy, so I get what Uptempo is trying to say. A lot of young cats do have that backwards mentally of blowing their whole paycheck on fashion/tech when they could be saving up for other things. 

Originally Posted by StrictlyAirJordans23

Word to people who live at apartments and have new HDTVs, expensive clothes, new truck, yet always seem to be late to pay the rent and eventually get evicted.

I administer my dads apartment complex and this constantly happens. One Of the tenants really once told me that he has to wait another 2 weeks to get his next paycheck in order to pay the rent since he had just made a payment for his brand new diesel Silverado. i don't understand how some people can prioritize a car payment instead of making sure their family have a roof over their head.
30t6p3b.gif

Keep in mind that the rent is $700 for 3 year old two story apartments with 2 restrooms, 3 bedrooms, A big living room, and a decent size kitchen (im not exactly sure how much sq. feet).
easy.

in most states, the grace period you have before your car gets repoed is a lot shorter than the grace period before you get evicted.

they got their priorities in order.  they just dont give a single damn about their credit or anyone else.

How about the opposite side of the spectrum, lol... Rich people living well below their means.
My neighbor, retired doctor drives a 15 year old 4runner, wear's payless shoes, slacks from the outlet.

There's this 50+ year old guy that rents out a room in my mom's house...one day my mom got nosy and opened his check from his work. 8k
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
 2 weeks work. Dude was a senior engineer at Raytheon. Guess he just don't give a **** what people think of him. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

laugh.gif

Depends where you live in the city. In some areas its a huge help if you're far from a subway

Originally Posted by shiznut123

How about the opposite side of the spectrum, lol... Rich people living well below their means.
My neighbor, retired doctor drives a 15 year old 4runner, wear's payless shoes, slacks from the outlet.

There's this 50+ year old guy that rents out a room in my mom's house...one day my mom got nosy and opened his check from his work. 8k
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
 2 weeks work. Dude was a senior engineer at Raytheon. Guess he just don't give a **** what people think of him. 
pimp.gif
Life's funny like that... I think people that have alot going for themselves don't need validation from material goods... they can live a more fulfilling life off the strength of their accomplishments, experiences and knowledge gained...
The reverse hustle is real though... layaway/on credit has people diggin holes from which they have no means of getting out of... interest is the new serfdom

Originally Posted by ohboydanny

Rich people do it too tho.
x10, haha, you guys think all doctors and lawyers can afford the car theyre driving and the mansion they live in, they are the same ones making $1M and spending $3M 

Originally Posted by Spookz312

most kids camping for yeezys and sbs for that very reason bro so they can flip em and pay theyre rent- i feel you stack your money but theres nothing wrong with grinding for quality i mean tomorrow isnt promised ,

bad lil chick in a used bmer looking fresh as %%*$ smelling good grinding but living beyond her means > average chick in a hoopty living comfortably with what she can afford
no duh a guy is goin to choose the bad chick over the avg chick

Originally Posted by slickp42189

Originally Posted by ohboydanny

Rich people do it too tho.
x10, haha, you guys think all doctors and lawyers can afford the car theyre driving and the mansion they live in, they are the same ones making $1M and spending $3M 
So which is worse? The doctor living in the mansion or the hood dweller that has to return to her dirty piss smelling projects.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

I live in NYC which is almost like the capitol of broke people fronting like they got money. 

as much as i love NYC.........
but this is 100% true

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

yo dade i think he was co-signin you tho
laugh.gif

you are the only two to agree with me in this whole thread, all the other lames would rather act like watching how other ppl spend money is a sin...

if you dont understand how ppl spend their money youll never be well off... IMO

i watch how everyone spends and how it does/doesnt benefit them... it helps me manage my money more intelligently. but hey yall do yall, ur not wryin bout me anyway so dunno why ud even bothered posting
i was...
but you're absolutely right about noticing your surroundings so you dont make the same mistakes.

its a difference between WATCHING ONES POCKET... and noticing how they spend money... ESPECIALLY if you know them personally.

you can learn from others mistakes.... 

Originally Posted by dadecounty11

naaaaaw, famb...
i'm on your side! lol...

cosign backfire...

frown.gif
frown.gif

at the end of the day you cant control how others spend their money or that of the governments aka tax payers....at the end of the day is all the systems fault, you should just worry about how you spend your money.

Back
Top Bottom