POP SMOKE Thread - Shoot for the Stars, Aim for the Moon deluxe album Out Now

Are you serious? This is such a ludicrous call that it's gotta be a joke...right?
Not at all. Get familiar.
UK took the **** from Chicago and ran with it.
Quote from Sheff G:

"But in the U.K., the beats that they use are real evil to me. That’s why I drifted to those types of beats because it’s real dark. And the Chicago type drill, the way they do the beats and stuff, it was lit at a time but then it got old to everybody because everybody started using the same flow and ****. So the U.K beats were different."

This entire new sound of past few years is coming from UK producers, and UK style beats.

RIP Pop.

Quote from Sheff G:

"But in the U.K., the beats that they use are real evil to me. That’s why I drifted to those types of beats because it’s real dark. And the Chicago type drill, the way they do the beats and stuff, it was lit at a time but then it got old to everybody because everybody started using the same flow and ****. So the U.K beats were different."

This entire new sound of past few years is coming from UK producers, and UK style beats.

RIP Pop.
"Get familiar?" Who are you, b? Clinton Sparks?

And (per the average NT back-n-forth- well nowadays, the entire internet, really,) I could reply with some quotes, songs, etc etc trying to support what I said, but at the end of the day, it's music and [by nature,] it's all subjective.

So, when I asked if you were being serious, I wasn't calling you out for being "wrong," per se, but I was more just caught off guard by your opinion- because obviously to me, it's so far on the opposite end of the 'theorhetical' opinion scale from where I see things, I literally had to make sure you weren't joking; because honestly, I got a little chuckle from it.

That being said, I'm so [subconsciously] conditioned to being "pro NY" or "NY over everything," (or, "NY did this [this aka everything,] first" or "_____ was on NY's jock, they hopped on OUR wave, not the other way around,") after having been immersed in its music world for so long, I'll admit I've got an unjust bias that's been developed over many years; and for better or worse, it'll be there for many more years to come.

Annoying? Maybe. Obnoxious? Maybe. Aggravating? Maybe. Correct about everything in all situations under any and all circumstances? Damn right. (See, there goes that ole aforementioned NY bias I spoke of. It's liable to pop up at any time- welcome or not; and inevitably, force the NY agenda on everyone, while simultaneously [and obnoxiously,] shutting down the [equally relevant] opinions/arguments of others.)

That being said, NY > (regarding anything,) and I'm right; therefore, you're wrong. :lol::lol::lol:

Quote from Sheff G:

RIP Pop.

Yup @1:05

donaldchump donaldchump

Part of Sheff G blowing up is his voice, made UK dudes think he was from UK :lol:.

@5:08 to @5:30 mark

But I always thought it was crazy how UK/NYC has this across the pod synergy.

Yup @1:05

donaldchump donaldchump

Part of Sheff G blowing up is his voice, made UK dudes think he was from UK :lol:.

@5:08 to @5:30 mark

But I always thought it was crazy how UK/NYC has this across the pod synergy.

its crazy, (regarding the NY/UK synergy comment,) because theres a bunch of those kind of "connections" here in the states as far as rap goes- just as a random example, Kansas City and the Bay Area...theres A LOT of connections going on there, or as you said it better, there is def a "synergy" between the two scenes, (which contrary to many folks beliefs, was happening BEFORE Mac Dre was killed out in KC...) when listening to KC rap, there is a blatantly obvious bay influence that cant be ignored.

anyone please, correct me if im wrong, but i feel like there are several other examples of this "synergy" between scenes in a variety of cities- well, countries for that matter, (ie: the UK/NY-US as was mentioned...)

...another random one that just popped into my head is the gulf coast "general" area... NO and the Houston area, [in addition to having influenced each others scenes quite heavily, imo,] have also heavily influenced/impacted rap all across that whole gulf region- not to mention DJ Screw out of Houston... having been poppin in Houston for a GRIP before catching on elsewhere, once other [mostly] southern cities caught up, screwed/slowed and chopped music became way further reaching. screwed and chopped remixes of songs were dropping left and right when it initially gained its "larger" audience... unfortunately DJ Screw had long passed by then but Houston area DJs, along with the SUC, kept the screwed up steez alive before DJs from all over the south began slowin and choppin up tracks...

my apologies for going hella far off topic.

RIP POP for sure. dude was way too young and JUST getting it going in the game for himself. if he was in fact set up by his own peoples, :smh:... regardless, straight up grimy and foul shhh how they did homie.

Dude was wAck!, but man was he primed for that Push from the industry.
He was it!
Wasn't he running blue flags? Thought LA generally is open season for em types.

Was just listening to invincible and he named dropped my homeboy from high school in there

Dam man but on another note glad to see his moms get some applause. That was good to see

Back
Top Bottom