Pops aka John Witherspoon passes away at 77

Robin Williams was a dope fiend though
So was Mac miller
They took life for granted
Can’t stand folks who do that
so was richard pryor? what does that have to do with anything? oh I know your bigotry towards white people

anyway, not a place for negativity. I still remember constantly saying the hot sauce burrito line before adding some hot sauce to the burrito. they filmed the scene where he buys the burrito close to where i grew up.

so was richard pryor? what does that have to do with anything? oh I know your bigotry towards white people
Pryor doesn’t get a pass either
I dislike dope fiends with a passion
People who abuse drugs is a serious pet peeve of mine
But also Richard Pryor didn’t die cause of an over dose

Pryor doesn’t get a pass either
I dislike dope fiends with a passion
People who abuse drugs is a serious pet peeve of mine
But also Richard Pryor didn’t die cause of an over dose
i never said richard pryor died of an overdose. I just mentioned him since he was a known drug user and most likely passed from years of drug use and complications from drug use. Why you put Mac Miller into this is beyond me since he is no comedian.

also, if you want to generalize why people do drugs because they don't value their lives, that is very narrowed minded. but to each their own.

i never said richard pryor died of an overdose. I just mentioned him since he was a known drug user and most likely passed from years of drug use and complications from drug use. Why you put Mac Miller into this is beyond me since he is no comedian.

also, if you want to generalize why people do drugs because they don't value their lives, that is very narrowed minded. but to each their own.
Ok

I feel the same way when we lost Uncle Phil with this news of Mr. Whiterspoon. These black men who played these father figures for many of us played a big role in our lives. But he was also great for comedy. I read his son tweet last night and it brought some tears.

It sounded like he went away in his sleep. But I feel bad and sad knowing him and Charlie are up there having fun. This season of Black Jesus w/o Charlie is off to me. But let’s say if Cube or McGruder didn’t feel comfortable with a new movie or season w/o Spoon I’d understand!

Man what a way to start the day! :frown: RIP to EVERYONE’S Pops.

Well, we know what the last Friday movie is going to be about now. :smh:

Legit let a few tears off this morning especially after reading his son's tweets :frown:

I've seen most his work but the one that'll ALWAYS stick with me is his role as Pops (Wayans Bros) with his big *** bow tie and tacky *** white shoes. I'm gonna miss him :frown:

giphy.gif

This news hit me hard this morning. I grew up watching The Wayne's Brothers show and the Friday movies. But The Boondocks is where I will most remember him. His voice was Iconic. He will be dearly missed. Rest in Peace Pops.

Back
Top Bottom