POSSIBLE AJ XX PICS

I'm loving them...super-lightweight, pure and simple in the true "tinker" way.

Every year, "same-ole" comment...but we all know it'll still going to be "copped". If you don't like them, don't buy em!

Wait till you see the other colorways :wow:
eek.gif

brb, EKIN702 :wink:
wink.gif

"People ask me why I do it...I don't even say a word, they just wouldn't understand."

[email protected]

i first i was surprised that they did't look better but now i can picture them with red pods on the bottomi have a feeling these will be sold out by the end of the first week people will end up lovin them. There nice to me

i actually dont think they're that bad, although the ankle strap looks like it shouldn't even be on there from teh side, from the back it looks cool with some nice design touches, i also cant wait to see the finished product with the pod technology

I trust Airmax on the actual feel of the shoe, and the 19's were pretty comfy but I just can't get over the lasered strap. The upper just looks so plain for the most part, no stitching or orther accents to break up the leather, just a huge collage. I like the idea of the straps for support and as a design, I just wish the laser had been implemented differently . I think the subtle use of laser would be hot but not just a huge collage in the middle of the shoe. >D
grin.gif

I'm seeing so much irony going on here.....

70% of the replies dislike the shoe. And some people are even saying that their going to start saving their money for LBJ IIs. Here's the twist: EVERYBODY HATED THE BLK/RED LEBRON IIs WHEN THE FIRST PICS CAME OUT. Now people are saying, "man why couldn't these be like the new lebrons." Man oh man. Just funny to me.

P.S....where's EKIN?
P.S.S....nevermind, I see him.
[/i]
Now located in or around your city

100% FIRE!!!

the 1st azg's are doo-doo. THESE ARE ILL.
All you haters better set your alarm clock...

^That was said by me on march 23rd...in the second page of the AZG2 post...

now on 7/19/04

I will say this.

THE JORDAN XX's ARE WACK. AND YOU KNOW WHAT? I HOPE I EAT MY WORDS COME RD...THERE'S A LOT THAT NEEDS TO BE DONE TO SAVE THOSE...

Let's put the "same-ole" comments to rest this year. It's outmoded and only encourages Jordan Brand to trot out these half-inspired bowling slippers every year. If you keep "copping" these pieces, that's just an affirmation to the company that you actually fancy these "designs."

How about spending more time on creating the actual sneakers instead of being consumed by unnecessary "lock down fit" add-ons, trinkets, and a new yearly box configuration which appears more intricate than the junk inside of it.

i really dont like the strap, i may wait till a low comes out, or have a shoe cobbler(sp?) remove the strap somehow....the shoes are interesting, not great...but interesting, i hop the final one looks different however
Rockin the ESPO's here in seattle..... 1 of???? as far as i know 4....hahahah​
[email protected] ]IM me @ daaznfella​

I liked the 17s, 18s, and 19s when I first saw these. This is one of the worst shoes I have ever seen in my life. Kicks don't usually grow on me, I like them or I don't..and these are simply horrid. Looks like it was just put together in like 5 minutes! Look like some crappy wal-mart shoes with a nice strap. And the red strap...I don't even know where to begin! Totally out of place, and I cant wait to see everyones posts when the shoes come out titled "XIX's without crappy strap"...just like a few people did with the 19's.

The air pods could add a lot to the shoe and even make it likeable. But for goodness sake, add some COLOR or TEXTURE to the shoe..I feel like crying after seeing that catastrophe that will commerate 20 years of the G.O.A.T. There is really nothing else to the shoe, it looks like they ripped off the strap from those $10 velcro shoes at walmart and put the strap over it! BIG mistake by JB, the air pods will definitely help...but I'd rather have a used pair of XV's.

..guys,were over-critiquing these SAMPLES...the shoe is'nt finished,dude said these were 5+ month old samples,I'm pretty sure they've changed by now...
Saw fiends shoot up, and do lines of cocaine
Saw my close friends shot, flatline am I sane?
That depends, carry Mac-10's to practice my aim
On rooftops, tape cd covers to trees
Line the barrel up with your weak picture then squeeze-Nas

The shoe nearly perfectly captures the ESSENCE of the Air Jordan line. That is, this is a shoe that, in its most basic form, is actually a pretty simple shoe. However, it is made flashy by the straps and the laser design. Likewise, it incorporates a little something new, with the laser and the new cushioning technology we've been hearing about. No one is going to look at the XXs when someone has them on their feet and think that they're just another pair of shoes. And that's the way it should be. The XIs are a very simple, clean design, but incorporate patent leather and contrast colors so that they are a very flashy shoe. This design strategy has run rampant throughout the Jordan line, and this shoe fits in perfectly in that regard. It is an Air Jordan, through and true.

Having said this, it isn't my favorite edition in the line, going on these few pictures that I've seen. I don't dislike them at all, but I'm not instantaneously in love with them like I was with the XVIIIs, for example. New Jordan models ALWAYS grow on me though. I wasn't too enthralled with the XIX pictures when we first saw those, and I ended up loving the XIXs. I actually more or less hated the XVIIs the first time Jersey Joe broke pictures of those weartest samples, but I adore the XVIIs now. By the time we're within a couple weeks of the first color of the new edition's drop date, I'm always salivating for these. I'm sure the XX will be no different.

Thanks A LOT for the pictures, by the way. I love NikeTalk.

Quote:
AND ALL WE GET IS A LASER ETCHED STRAP?

I see where you're coming from but you prove my point at the same time. When people say things like this, we tend to sound spoiled. Be glad we see these this early, be glad we get the information we get.

You have a right not to like a shoe, but bashing it repeatedly (not you so much, but others) will soon have the people who give out information and pics stop. They just won't care because of the lack of maturity in most these responses.

Realize we are privileged regardless of you liking or disliking the shoe. And soon this privilege may be revoked.

Oh and to those asking about the laces, am I the only one who sees them in the pictures?
Support Pogiboy67, check out his auctions!

Support LazyJ10, Buy stuff from me!!!!

^^I don't think I sound spoiled at all...If anything I have been a LOYAL AJ customer since DAY 1 ( rocking the sky jordan )...and twenty years later, to commemorate a revolution of the fashion industry, all that the designer(s) can do is draw on a strap? I'm not spoiled, I'm let down...I REALLY WANTED TO LOVE THIS SNEAKER TOO.

And how can you call someone spoiled when they spend their last dime on these kicks? And have since the 80's...

And since I haven't done this yet, I would like to extend my appreciation to whoever posted these pics...thank you.

But just cause I'm let down, doesn't mean I'm not grateful of the source.

Quote:
I'd love to buy a new AJ shoe but I've been waiting 8 years for something worthy of the name.

Yeah and you're 1 consumer....I know plenty of folks who love certain newer types of shoes, who believe they're worthy enough of the release day price tag.

Everyone has different tastes and like many have touched upon already, every shoe JB puts out obviously will not satisfy each and every consumer.

I love the low top 17s and crocs....loved the white/red 18s. Not so much the 16s or 15s but had numerous pairs of XIVs. Simply put, your opinion on their line is just that, an opinion which is fine but doesn't mean everyone will feel the same. You know?

Quote:
And how can you call someone spoiled when they spend their last dime on these kicks? And have since the 80's...

I didn't say you as in an individul, but when people makle coment like "we deserve..." or "we expect...". Sorry if I mislead you.

However, this is another thing I don't really agree with why would anyone spend their last dime on any kicks. Let alone any Js? Thats just silly.

I say we are spoiled in the sense that the release date for these shoes is how many months away and we just saw a pic of them? Thats what I meant.

Please tell me that these samples were used as an April Fools joke to JB designers

all you need is the matching Walmart polo's and your set.
[/center]

BALLOON

Bigger?

BALLOON

Any marketing heads will know what I mean.

I'll break it down...

Samples are Samples. Prototypes are Prototypes.
How are we, the corporation, going to get the realest opinions and views on whatever we're going to release? Show it to you, the public consumer.

They're going to put out samples, and they have insiders everywhere, especially internet message boards, that are going to relay information and opinions back to them. They are not trying to make the consumer say :x
sick.gif
, they want all of you guys to say :wow:
eek.gif
:D
happy.gif
. They want money, you want product. There are people that work for Nike all across the internet, and I sure as hell wouldn't be suprised if they have a few on Niketalk right now, measuring all of your opinions, and relaying it back to designers and executives, so they can make the shoe better.

It's called a Marketing Balloon.

It's been done for years and years. Companies will put products in magazines, shows, and all other places you can think of, just so they can see what you all think of it. Then, with advanced information on what the public thinks about their product, they have the opportunity to make it better / more liked.

Nobody is getting fired. The person who let this out is getting a raise. Calm down, everyone.

Don't jump on an idea and criticize it until it's sitting on the shelf at your Footlocker with a new release sticker under it.

Even then... the product may not be finished.

Marketing 101... thank you for your time

[/b]​

they ain't that bad....I just don't agree with the price tags that was put on it. they should not be over 150 just my opinion.

MiAmInIcK you said it best.

I too have the same thoughts about this.

i understand those are samples, but looking at them gives me a new respect and love for my XIX's.
Get up. Get out. And get somethin.

MIAMINICK-

Don't you think that most of the intelligent comments made by people who like/abhor this shoe realize every word that you typed? And that's why we're commenting? It's not like some people are having an epiphany over your breakdown, though some may, it's all good though. But I think most of the heads on this board know why we got these pics, "leaked." Maybe I'm overestimating people on this board, but I, myself, don't need a marketing lesson. WHAT I NEED IS A DOPE PAIR OF XX's.

By the way...you from Miami?

Back
Top Bottom