possible ebay/paypal scam... need help!

sold a pair of just don's on ebay. buyer claiming i sent him fakes. i asked him what makes him say i sent him fakes, he goes " oh, box isn't even glued properly like from the factory". so i ask him what else is wrong with the shoes, no reply. he's insisting that he went to a "nike store" yesterday to have shoes checked, store employee said shoes were fake. so i ask him again which nike store he went to and the name of employee he spoke to, no reply again. he filed a dispute on me, how do i proceed?? no way i'm refunding him and accepting the "shoes" he's going to return to me. i even dared him to post the shoes here for an LC and have the shoes checked and he said "i don't even know what niketalk is" lol

so Donald Horne Jr of Brooklyn, NY you here??

ebay id is fom westbury, ny
ebay name is d-dot04
pp email is prettibwoybmwATyahooDOTcom

am i allowed to post an email address here?

that email address alone should have been a red flag :rofl:

Best thing to do is have him send them backv and you will refund him

Last edited:
i don't think he can prove shoes are fake,
both paypal and ebay haven't contacted me yet, case is still under review. but i do have a negative balance on my paypal account right now. i'm quite sure he will return fake shoes to me, my only hope is ebay/paypal takes my side when i send proof and we find an unbiased third party to check shoes. he left negative feedback on me just now, so i guess my ebay account is screwed. anyone know how to reverse the negative feedback?
eBay doesn't make the buyer prove their fake, you (the seller) have to prove they are real, which pretty much means you need the receipt or you will lose. If he does send back anything aside from what you shipped him, just contact PayPal in which they'll probably ask for you to file a police report. Do your research on how to file a police report with PayPal's guidelines and see all the info they want along with the report.

There is no way to remove negative feedback on eBay.

Last edited:
For an empty box claim I would try getting my insurance money from the shipping company. My sister ordered a gift card on eBay and when she got it there was an empty envelope. Someone from the post office cut a slit under the shipping label and took the card. The seller just filed a claim and got his insurance money. More than likely the buyer saying he got an empty box is lying, but it does happen. They weigh the package when it's shipped anyway so it's obvious if you shipped an empty box.

It very unlikely for postal workers to steal 1.they get paid alot 2. Its hardcore prison time no probation 3. Its cameras everywhere 4. Giftcard can be tracked

I think they do.put the weight on the box stamped

both paypal and ebay haven't contacted me yet, case is still under review. but i do have a negative balance on my paypal account right now. i'm quite sure he will return fake shoes to me, my only hope is ebay/paypal takes my side when i send proof and we find an unbiased third party to check shoes. he left negative feedback on me just now, so i guess my ebay account is screwed. anyone know how to reverse the negative feedback?

They are not even gonna bother trying to verify through any third party, or attempt in any way to verify his or your claim. That money is gone and they will send you to collections if you don't pay your balance. And depending on when you signed up for paypal I think they can dip in your bank account to clear your debt. Trust me I spend hours on the phone with paypal about this stuff. Saying it's fake is one way to force a return with literally no recourse. All you can do is hope this is just a case of him finding them cheaper or not wanting them and he actually sends you back what you sent him. This exact situation happened to me a few weeks ago but I got my authentic merchandise back.

Last edited:
eBay doesn't make the buyer prove their fake, you (the seller) have to prove they are real, which pretty much means you need the receipt or you will lose. If he does send back anything aside from what you shipped him, just contact PayPal in which they'll probably ask for you to file a police report. Do your research on how to file a police report with PayPal's guidelines and see all the info they want along with the report.

There is no way to remove negative feedback on eBay.

i still have the receipt with me. bought the shoes from a nike retailer, my name is on the receipt.

They are not even gonna bother trying to verify through any third party. That money is gone and they will send you to collections if you don't pay your balance. And depending on when you signed up for paypal I think they can dip in your bank account to clear your debt. Trust me I spend hours on the phone with paypal about this stuff. Saying it's fake is one way to force a return with literally no recourse. All you can do is hope this is just a case of him finding them cheaper or not wanting them and he actually sends you back what you sent him. This exact situation happened to me a few weeks ago but I got my authentic merchandise back.

i'm just worried that he'll send me back a different pair. i guess i'm screwed

i still have the receipt with me. bought the shoes from a nike retailer, my name is on the receipt.

Thats when u get your hands dirty. Tell him before on a slick tip that your family member stay around the corner from him and can come pick it up. Twll him in someway you see his facebook. Do some research and scare him

If he know you got peeps around the corner he will start to change his mind and thay you got info on him

They are not even gonna bother trying to verify through any third party. That money is gone and they will send you to collections if you don't pay your balance. And depending on when you signed up for paypal I think they can dip in your bank account to clear your debt. Trust me I spend hours on the phone with paypal about this stuff. Saying it's fake is one way to force a return with literally no recourse. All you can do is hope this is just a case of him finding them cheaper or not wanting them and he actually sends you back what you sent him. This exact situation happened to me a few weeks ago but I got my authentic merchandise back.

i'm just worried that he'll send me back a different pair. i guess i'm screwed

If he does send fakes back i believe there is an option to appeal the decision or open your own case for item not as described but it's pretty much useless and just a formality, it may get that feedback removed, MAY. I acutaly won an appeal of a paypal decision before but apparently they still do not give you your money back for winning an appeal. I was told they don't have the authority to take money back from him after refunding his payment. :smh:

It very unlikely for postal workers to steal 1.they get paid alot 2. Its hardcore prison time no probation 3. Its cameras everywhere 4. Giftcard can be tracked

I think they do.put the weight on the box stamped

This was at Christmas time where they probably hire seasonal workers. The package was absolutely tampered with in transit. They took a blade and sliced under the label in a way it was hard to tell it had been messed with unless you were specifically looking for a way it got opened. You're delusional if you don't think postal workers steal stuff and please don't respond back to me with some made up story about how you were a post office employee.

Heres the problem

They were shipped from Philippines

Then you told.me they were shipped during Christmas but the listing says sold on February

hold on, i think you got me mixed up with someone else lol

This was at Christmas time where they probably hire seasonal workers. The package was absolutely tampered with in transit. They took a blade and sliced under the label in a way it was hard to tell it had been messed with unless you were specifically looking for a way it got opened. You're delusional if you don't think postal workers steal stuff and please don't respond back to me with some made up story about how you were a post office employee.

i think this the post you wanted to respond to

i am in manila. aything wrong with that? reading is essential my man. read closely and i hope you realize i was not the one who posted about the gift cards.

Back
Top Bottom