Possible "hidden" motivation for Suns deal for Shaq

Lebron to Knicks to save our City... Thank you King James! you heard it here first
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

No we didn't.

Why would anybody want to play for the Suns? Especially once Nash is gone, Stat is going to be a lonely dude. Nobody wants to walk thru those empty hallwaysand only see division banners up in the rafters.

Their motivation was they got shook by the Gasol trade. Plain and simple.

Leave it to Zodogg to come up with [Rakim] master plan [Rakim]
laugh.gif
IF Wade leaves, he's going to Chicago, LeBronx is going to the NY or LA or CHI (somebig market so he can get that paper from his Nike contract) and after that who really would want to go to PHX? Nash is gonna be on social security by thattime, the ONLY reason why PHX made this trade is because they were shook from the Gasol trade. It has nothing to do with them "changing" theirphilosophy, they knew if they didn't get bigger down low they would have been steamrolled by all the big men in the West.

Originally Posted by bobby24K

Leave it to Zodogg to come up with [Rakim] master plan [Rakim]
laugh.gif
IF Wade leaves, he's going to Chicago, LeBronx is going to the NY or LA or CHI (some big market so he can get that paper from his Nike contract) and after that who really would want to go to PHX? Nash is gonna be on social security by that time, the ONLY reason why PHX made this trade is because they were shook from the Gasol trade. It has nothing to do with them "changing" their philosophy, they knew if they didn't get bigger down low they would have been steamrolled by all the big men in the West.

True...

But if they win the title this year it won't even matter. They win, then they suck, get shaq deal off the books and get some more players around stat.Could be a win win situation....

IF it works....

It will be a nice year to have cap space. And it did come up in discussions among Suns player personnel. They always talk about the contractual stuff.

But the primary motivation was trying to win now and not tomorrow.

Marc Stein was talking to Chad Ford in the ESPN Daily Dish on 2/7 about why the Suns listened to offers for Amare, but in the end weren't moving the playerthey expect to be their franchise for the next 5-8 seasons.

damn all those people are gonna be FA's? it'll be interesting to see what happens....

get it done mitch!
pimp.gif
.. .wait..
laugh.gif

Or maybe how about this.

Lakers made a deal, making their team better.
It forced the Suns to make a deal, to make their team better.
Which forced the Mavs to make a deal, to make their team better, to be rejected by the scrub of scrubs of the world.
Which forced the NBDL Warriors to beat the Suns.

wink.gif

Originally Posted by NBAdotcom

From AZCENTRAL.COM

That's a potential $33.1 million off the Suns' salary cap in a year the free-agent class could - depending upon who exercises their options - include players such as LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Michael Redd, Richard Hamilton, Josh Howard, Dirk Nowitzki, Tyson Chandler, Manu Ginobili, Carlos Boozer and Joe Johnson.

So the Suns, whether or not the Shaq trade works, conceivably could rebuild around Amaré Stoudemire that summer by signing a major free agent or two.

Of course, that assumes that the Suns don't extend either Shaq or Nash and that Stoudemire doesn't exercise his player option to become a free agent that summer.
Now, there's a few names in there that obviously the Suns wouldn't ever get because they're trash - Dirk, Josh Howard, and Rat Bastard...

But that's an intriguing list.

I guess Dirk is the main candidate b/c he doesn't play defense and besides Raja, nobody on the Suns even knows what that means.

Originally Posted by LVJordan238

^Ginobili

I think Joe Johnson is probably the most realistic option on that list come 2010.
Lebron will most likely go to the Nets or Knicks so he can get that big bonus from Nike.
your correct...... brooklyn nets stasrting small forward, with Hova in the front row telling brooklyn how he brought LeBron home
pimp.gif

If LeBron came to NY

I'm not sure what I would do. I'd almost be willing to give a body part at this point

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Originally Posted by RawSheed

Yeah...who would stay in a dump like Cleveland...

I guess you haven't been watching the Cavaliers play lately. Varejao, Boobie and Sasha are out and we're still getting wins over teams like Bostonand Orlando.

When the Knicks, Nets, or Bulls offer the max they can to LeBron, he'll be up and gone. The second he puts on one of those jerseys=extra $90 million fromNike.

LeBron is going to either the Knicks or to the Brooklyn Nets.....

I know this.

He wants to play in NY because of the $$$ that can be made there.....

What about the Miami Heat?? I'm not a Heat fan but Lebron could fit in well with his buddy D-Wade and them 2 plus Marion then they have a chance of beatingthe Pistons or the Celtics and possibly go to the NBA Finals.

Back
Top Bottom