Post a dish from your favorite culture to eat from

For me, this looks like it would be a delicious yet overwhelming and semi-uncomfortable dining experience. 

i was pumped up to try Ethiopian food for the 1st time last year.... did not like it at all :x

that sour, spongey injera and some of those bitter meat/sauces did not sit well. :smh:

i eat ANYTHING too. maybe i have to try a different restaurant.

Cajun

]

Come at me, Bro

How the hell do you guys even find these kinds of food?! Does your race play a role with these dishes? What part of the country?

Last edited:
How the hell do you guys even find these kinds of food?! Does your race have to do with these dishes? What part of the country?

Living in diverse places like NYC and LA helps. It can be as easy as walking down the street to your fave Indian restaurant.

i don't know what culture its from but this is probably my most favorite dish. ever. warm lobster roll from neptune oyster

Last edited:
That goat roti and baigan-choka. My mom's recipe for baigan choka (roasted eggplant) is the biz!!! Wish I had pics! Where my trini folk @.

That goat roti and baigan-choka. My mom's recipe for baigan choka (roasted eggplant) is the biz!!! Wish I had pics! Where my trini folk @.
wow never in my life did i ever expect to see the words baigan-choka on niketalk. on the other hand i ate it last night with some roti...crackkkkkkkkkkk

^

Habesha?

i am.. both parents are gurage. thats where the meatier dishes, like kitfo, come from. they rarely cook but when they do :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: . all my cultured friends love it and my friends that never been out the country wont try it. i guess its cause they still believe injera is crocodile skin.

i cant get down with kocho. that ishh smells rotten.

Last edited:
^

Habesha?

i am.. both parents are gurage. thats where the meatier dishes, like kitfo, come from. they rarely cook but when they do :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: . all my cultured friends love it and my friends that never been out the country wont try it. i guess its cause they still believe injera is crocodile skin.

i cant get down with kocho. that ishh smells rotten.

Yea, I knew once I saw the "yonas". :lol:

That's what's up tho. I'm Eritrean. I hate kitfo tho. Only dishes I mess with are kulwa, thebhe doro, and thebhe siga (biherai tho, no behget). I hate spicy food, so I only eat it when my mom makes it. I made some ketcha fit fit for my friends one weekend when we lived together and they loved it.

By the looks of it, everyone here seems Asian or Mexican. Judging by food of course. All posts looks good, definitely gonna try some new things due to this thread.

Fried Chicken and Jerk Pork with Cabbage, Steamed Callaloo , rice, and peas

*not my photo

Last edited:
Tex-Mex - Chimichanga

Mexican - Tortas (word to El Chavo)

Australian Pies

Also Burritos, Dumplings, Banh Mi 

Almost forgot 

and few things better than this soup 

banh mi

and pho gets posted a lot here so here's another dish i love. :smokin

Last edited: