Post pics of HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOES...(pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gucci eyes YSL’s Slimane to replace creative director

As speculation mounts over who will take the reins at Gucci following the dismissal of CEO Patrizio di Marco and creative director Frida Giannini, fashion insiders say Saint Laurent’s Hedi Slimane tops a short list being considered by parent company Kering owner François-Henri Pinault to take Giannini’s role.

Page Six exclusively first reported that top Gucci executives, and power couple, di Marco and Giannini would exit Gucci after sales continually slumped. We now hear that cooler-than-cool Slimane — who revamped Saint Laurent since taking over in 2012 — is a top contender.
Slimane designed menswear for YSL for two years before jumping to Dior Homme in 1999, where he made slim cut suits en vogue. He left in 2007 and concentrated on photography, and returned to YSL in 2012.

Slimane made sweeping changes, including re-branding as Saint Laurent and moving his creative offices from Paris to LA. After naysayers expected adverse reactions to his moves, sales have popped while Gucci’s ground to a halt.

Other names on Kering’s short list include Givenchy creative director Riccardo Tisci — known for his close friendships with Kim Kardashian and Kanye West. But sources say that he’s locked into his contract at Givenchy for years, and would be difficult to poach.

Another designer being considered is American Joseph Altuzarra, after Kering took a stake in his namesake company last year. Speculation had been building that Pinault’s firm could be grooming him for a bigger position.

Giannini will leave Gucci after she presents her fall 2015 collection in Milan in March. Di Marco, with whom Giannini has a child, is being replaced by Marco Bizzarri on Jan. 1. A rep for Kering didn’t get back to us.

In October, the company reported Saint Laurent sales grew 28 percent, particularly performing well in North American stores, while Gucci sales remain stagnant. The brand’s been unable to move away from a heavy logo look that’s fallen out of favor among fashionistas.

Can't imagine why they would ruin a good thing w/ Hedi at Saint Laurent. But I guess Gucci's product line is way bigger than Saint Laurent's and they stand much more to gain by turning Gucci around than they anticipate losing if Hedi makes the jump.

Can't imagine why they would ruin a good thing w/ Hedi at Saint Laurent. But I guess Gucci's product line is way bigger than Saint Laurent's and they stand much more to gain by turning Gucci around than they anticipate losing if Hedi makes the jump.

From what I've been told it's due to the declining Gucci sales and the ability of Slimane to focus more on ready-to-wear rather than accessories. While YSL has been doing tremendously in sales for ready-to-wear, Gucci's clientele has been the type to only buy one pair of shoes or a belt, rather than a whole wardrobe.

Time will tell, I don't like the idea of Tisci running Gucci, but what do I know.

is it just me - or does anyone else seem to think that visvim FBT-FOLK fits smaller than the FBT?

got both fbt and fbt folk models and both seem to the folk seems to be tighter fitting..

I went TTS on the FBT-Folk and they're really snug. I don't even lace them up. They're comfortable though. I'm looking to get another pair. Waiting on a restock

If you have tiny feet, Lanvin black captoes for $199: http://www.barneys.com/on/demandwar.../Product-Show?pid=501200347&cgid=men&index=16

Neiman and Marcus is currently running a promo where you can get a gift card in the amount of $50, $150 and $500 if you spend $200, $500 and $1000 respectively online. So i picked up the all white Margiela Futures for $895 and added a couple small items to get the "before tax total" to $1000.

Not bad as i looked at it as picking up the Margielas for $595.

However the gift card is supposed to arrive within 8 weeks.

Neiman and Marcus is currently running a promo where you can get a gift card in the amount of $50, $150 and $500 if you spend $200, $500 and $1000 respectively online. So i picked up the all white Margiela Futures for $895 and added a couple small items to get the "before tax total" to $1000.

Not bad as i looked at it as picking up the Margielas for $595.

However the gift card is supposed to arrive within 8 weeks.

So you spend $1000 and get a $500 gift card?

Seriously, Hender Scheme is getting out of hand was this vegetable tan knockoff stuff. Now it appears they're doing the Jordan 6s over. This is no different than when Gourmet was making Jordan copies. :smh: If you can condone these you shouldn't be complaining about those copies on the other page let alone a person rocking fake Louboutins or whatever designer. This blatant copy to me is just disrespectful.

Toe box probably feels better than the recent trash JB has did to their 6s

That's besides the point. That's like buying these new fake Balenciaga's that damn near are the same as the real $585 ones for the high end stores. It's FAKE regardless. Slowly but surely, all this fake stuff is going to get a pass. Bad enough, these brands are making $100 Balmain ripoffs. Granted I pride myself in real stuff and overall really don't care what someone else is wearing but to see someone fronting in some fake ish around me "Got me feeling some type of way". :rofl:

There's a difference though between a maker passing off their fakes as real (exact copy) and what HS is doing. Either way, its still better than the trash Jordan has been releasing the last couple of years.

Last edited:
I went TTS on the FBT-Folk and they're really snug. I don't even lace them up. They're comfortable though. I'm looking to get another pair. Waiting on a restock

Do they stretch over time? I have a pair and they are little snug, debating if I should keep or sell them and go 1/2 up

Seriously, Hender Scheme is getting out of hand was this vegetable tan knockoff stuff. Now it appears they're doing the Jordan 6s over. This is no different than when Gourmet was making Jordan copies. :smh: If you can condone these you shouldn't be complaining about those copies on the other page let alone a person rocking fake Louboutins or whatever designer. This blatant copy to me is just disrespectful.

I could be wrong, but I strongly believe they have some kind of deal with NIke, there are no way a high end company can get away with this, Nike will never be that generous.

Do they stretch over time? I have a pair and they are little snug, debating if I should keep or sell them and go 1/2 up

Sell them ASAP. The seams where the side panel connects to the piece of leather that covers the top of your feet will rip/break and once that happens there's no way to repair them.

My pair ripped the first day I had them.

Sell them ASAP. The seams where the side panel connects to the piece of leather that covers the top of your feet will rip/break and once that happens there's no way to repair them.

My pair ripped the first day I had them.

damn, thanks for letting me know. Will probablly sell them then.

Great day.. Was able to get my harness boots today, as well as my royals.. And picked them up for old pricing :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom