Post pics of HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOES...(pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, Kev! Raw hems stacking like old Diors.
I've read the sizing is a little odd in those, what are your opinions?

last night

Fit pic on or it didnt happen lol. Jk fresh fit

Last edited:
Nice, Kev! Raw hems stacking like old Diors.
I've read the sizing is a little odd in those, what are your opinions?

23soles, I always order sz30 for SLP jeans, the raw hem fit closer to FW13 which I think is more fitted than the fw14, the fabric is on the stiff side (almost like coated) and pre-creased so its perfect if you like your jeans to stack. I personally think these are one of the best jeans from SLP this season.

23soles, I always order sz30 for SLP jeans, the raw hem fit closer to FW13 which I think is more fitted than the fw14, the fabric is on the stiff side (almost like coated) and pre-creased so its perfect if you like your jeans to stack. I personally think these are one of the best jeans from SLP this season.

Thanks for the information. Last time I was at SLP, the SA was pushing them but I kind of overlooked them. Since then, I've seen them in photos and they look good but usually they are described as fitting "different". Must be due to people being more familiar with this season's denim. I bought a pair of the rerelease FW13 destroyed denim and they were MUCH slimmer/fitted than my FW14 pairs, like you said.

In any case, they look great there, good pick up!

hermes has sales?

Yeah I believe they have 2 every year one being in Paris the other location not sure about. They had everything at this sale, my uncle copped some raw denim from that sale for like $200.

:pimp: I really like these, repped, how much you pay if you don't mind me asking?

It was a sale so I got a steal, they were about $350 but retail is easily over a $1000. I was planning on buying white Loubs that were similar to these but when I saw the Hermes one I had to get them instead.

What's the difference? Is the calf skin better quality or is it just a random price hike
Don't know about the quality difference as I haven't had the new ones in my hands yet. However, considering that the most widely used leather for luxury companies is calf skin, the buffalo was probably better and more expensive to use as well. As for the price hike, 1) inflation 2) considering the old ones were selling for 1500 off ebay people will happily pay 820 for them 3) because they can

@kevineg6  That jodhpur/raw hem combo looks great. Did you have to size up on the jeans? 

Also, I finally got a full refund from Sneakerboy the other day. It literally took 5 months from the day I got delivered the wrong shoes.  Some of the delay was my fault because I changed bank cards but nevertheless totally inexcusable in the time it took. 

Last edited:
23soles, I suggest try them on in store to see for yourself since you have access to a shop. You should like them if you like FW13 denims.

Sunny23, I ordered my true size sz30 which imo fit perfectly (a little tight on the waist but I think it will stretch over time), they really sit nicely with the slp boots like bread and butter lol, gonna take a picture of them with CP chelsea when they come in and see how they match up. most of the store still have them so you might be able to get them on sale in the next couple of months.

Last edited:
My SA at SLP said she will send me anything on consignment just give a deposit and I have 7 days to try them out. For all you folks not around a boutique
. I'm not sure what the deposit is but it's fully refundable and free shipping both ways

I
how many designer shoes do u guys own
9 sneakers
CL , 2 SLP, Balmain , 2 GZ , 2 Balenciaga, Dior, and 1 pair LV boots
Lookin to buy a pair of BV Desert/Chelsea boots , black and white SLP SL10h and a pair of gum bottom SLP if sunny23 sunny23 can find me a pair
Then Ima call it quits for a while I want to cop a new Submariner Rolex and new pair black balmain jeans.

Yeah, my SL told me the same but I thought she said the deposit was full price. I could be wrong, it was a while back. Good option for people not near a store or with little time to stop in for sure.

My SA at SLP said she will send me anything on consignment just give a deposit and I have 7 days to try them out. For all you folks not around a boutique
. I'm not sure what the deposit is but it's fully refundable and free shipping both ways

Interesting which store is it? is it in the US? I know SLP shop in Soho NYC and 5th Ave NYC won't do refund, only store credit on full price product, and no return at all for on sale product. So make sure when you do phone order.

I know Barneys, Farfetch, bergdorfgoodman, Mrporter etc have really good painless return policy.

Yeah, my SA at the Chicago store told me about the trial period/return set up. I assume they'd do it all of them. But you have to have it shipped to you it seems, you still can't return instore purchases

Also, thanks to whoever posted that Gucci sale link! I haven't bought Gucci in years but picked up the Python horsebit Mocs

Last edited:
Does anyone own a pair of Acne Studios sneakers? If so how's the fit? Long like CP Achilles lows? I'm thinking about buying a pair of these as an alternative to CP, my local shop has them on sale for a great price.

http://www.acnestudios.com/adrian-black.html

I own two pairs. I am a 12.5 and the 45 fits me perfect. They are great shoes and when bought on sale they are def quality pickups. I've been meaning to post some pics of them to show a nice alternative to common projects but never got around to it.

Also, completely crap that the SL stores in soho and midtown don't offer money back returns. I got stuck with a very large purchase price one time because of this.

Last edited:
I own two pairs. I am a 12.5 and the 45 fits me perfect. They are great shoes and when bought on sale they are def quality pickups. I've been meaning to post some pics of them to show a nice alternative to common projects but never got around to it.

Also, completely crap that the SL stores in soho and midtown don't offer money back returns. I got stuck with a very large purchase price one time because of this.

Same at the SF store. Completely avoid that store now. I'm not sure about the new one at valley fair. I didn't know each store had a different policy

In my opinion the pleated is a far better sneaker in terms of quality between the two. The SL10 leather is honestly nothing special. They're reasonably comfortable but nothing exceptional. That being said, I can't say that I'd fully suggest the violets either due to their limited versatility. Throwing them on for pops of color, where they're the focal point of an otherwise subtle look is cool but I doubt you'd get the same amount of wear out of them as you would the SL10. Given they're essentially AJ1's, you know how easy they are to throw on with anything almost daily. So, it really depends on what you want out of the shoe.

Speaking of the royal SL10, my gum bottom pair is MUCH better quality than the regular pair.

And drkingschultz drkingschultz , did your royals come in? Hope everything worked out for you.

Yes I got a chance to wear them for the first time today, your sizing was spot on, thank you for your help repped, very comfortable compared to the balenciaga perfs. I will up a pic. Very happy with them :pimp:

SLP royal or Bal Pleated in violet..? on the fence right now :nerd:

Tough question :tongue:

Man fukk those SLP skates, wore themout and now I have a fat blister on the back of my foot

The balenciaga perfs done this to me I blame the high tops design, the way it is attached and stitched at the heel there is a "step" that catches the skin just perfect on the back of your heels and rubs, which is the last thing you want when spending that type of paper on shoes :lol: |I it was not a sizing issue I'm sure, because I sized down 1 size like suggested on the site and have plenty of room in the toe box, the shoe is not tight, just poorly padded and designed at the heel.

I tried to capture it here

Last edited:
Same at the SF store. Completely avoid that store now. I'm not sure about the new one at valley fair. I didn't know each store had a different policy

SF store swapped out those worn skates that I got blister from - I emailed corporate first
My SA there is top notch (Ami)
Maybe because I dropped over 5k with her so far for my wife's purses
She's the one that told me about the deposit and return since we moved to a state with no SL boutique

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom