Post pics of HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOES...(pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do man, but also appreciate the clean and simple stuff. Don't need to make a statement every day :lol:

been saying that was an issue with crepe soles

I'd imagine it'll last more than a year provided you aren't doing some crazy stuff in it :lol: but can't hold a candle to the durability of a leather or vibram/dainite sole

Didn't start to shred by the heels?

Depends on your walking gait tbh. 

I think it's shredded a little. But I also feel like it's not as bad as it looks. The crepe seems to be packing down more than shredding off of my pair. My suede is starting to show some wear too even with the waterproof. I don't baby my shoes though it's all good. Plus these are really comfy.

hate those crepe soles with a passion. My homies cp's look pristine in the uppers but his soles are almost completely black.
They look great when new but after heavy use they look bad.

Regarding crepe soles, there typically will be some fraying particularly along the edges early on but I think the idea that they won't last more than a year is extremely exaggerated. 

I've had two pairs of shoes with crepe soles, a pair of Clark's Desert Boots which are 5 or so years old and were probably worn at a minimum average of 1x/week and the soles have held up along with a pair of suede loafers with a thinner crepe sole which are about 2 years old and are still looking good.

Also, in my personal opinion, the Common Projects Chelsea are meant to be a more casual boot.  I think some people might expect them to be pristine because of the price tag but I think some shoes look better worn and broken in.

Also, it may not be a solution for all shoes with a crepe sole but for those assuming that nothing can be done about the sole, it might be worth looking into rather than guessing: http://mreverydaydollar.com/resoling-clarks-desert-boots/   or https://notthelifeofimitation.wordpress.com/2013/02/24/resoling-clarks-desert-boots/  or http://hartlandshoes.us/Wallabees2.JPG  If you find a competent cobbler, it may be possible to have them resoled.  I don't know that I would opt for that style of sole on those Chelsea boots but cleared it was possible on those Clark's.

Aside from that, most will have moved on from Chelsea boots as a trend in a couple years max.  Yes, I realize they've been around forever and the Beatles wore them but how often were they discussed on "Nike" talk before the last year or so?

Last edited:
^Good stuff and I agree with your last point. When I get kicks I wear them to the ground then buy a new pair. I don't have a rotation of VNDS that I baby like I used to when I was younger. If I did that I'd be sitting on a bunch of stuff I don't want to wear any more. I only have a few pairs of shoes and they're laying on my floor ready to be thrown on and taken to the bars, outside, or anywhere I'm going really at a moments notice. I don't buy sneakers with longevity in mind. These boots will last long enough that I get my money's worth and I can't wait until I finally receive the black suede pair.

i wore mine around 3-4 times and noticed the shredding. I didn't want to risk further damage so I sold them.  They did start to get black too.  I have a pair of clarks that do the same but again I haven't really worn those much either.  I figured at the rate the damage occurs, the sole would be gone with heavy wear in a year or so.   

CREPE SOLES SUCK!

I've been saying this since the day those CPs were posted. Some people just don't want to listen.

CREPE SOLES SUCK!

I've been saying this since the day those CPs were posted. Some people just don't want to listen.
But the comfort, bruh. I'd take the slippery *** ultra boost over some margom soles any day. Crepe>

Last edited:
My CP soles are fraying at the edges like mad, but my BV Aussies are older and have been worn much more and do not have this issue.

Mine has wear showing for sure but nothing abnormal. I mean to me they're just like any other shoes, planning on wearing them to the ground and on to the next.

Never own CP but I like, can't find no other off white from any other brand I like.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom