Post pics of HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOES...(pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This wannabe mod 
mean.gif

Anybody know whats up with the brand Royaums?  I havent bought any sneakers in a minute since ive been approaching 30. I still had my select few i kept, and i got more on the hand made hardbottoms. Anyways. I didnt see anything mentioned here about them, and not much on google. I guess because no rappers wore them yet i dunno haha. But the instagrams, facebook, and offical online shop are up. Im a day late and a dollar short to the all red lux shoe craze, i know i fell off.  Im thinking about the SAINT HIGH SNEAKER or the Buscemi 100mm red.  I know most of you arent fond of the buscemis but they nice to me.

Royaums SAINT HIGH SNEAKER 

Buscemi 100mm red

Last edited:
Forgive my ignorance,  But it almost seems like there's a renaissance of sneakers being considered higher and higher fashion.    Luxury sneakers was a really niche market when I was in grade school and now cats are bragging about them in rap music.  It's been very interesting to watch this paradigm shift.

/stream of consciousness

Yes sir it is.

Might have to go look into this, $400 isnt too bad for quality jeans. Anyone can chime in on the fit?

Crazy cause I never buy anything relatively expensive, but love this thread and happened to see a dude on the train with a pair of these pants. The fit was dope ... I had to ask, "Hey what brand is that .. is that Balmer (sp?)" and he said they were Belstaf ... $400 .. and his fit was on point ...

Once again, I am no big fashion dude like you all here, but I have to commend the brand, because I actually saw it on a person first hand, and it was very well done. The denim was snug, but you still probably could keep your balls. I hope that helps.

Forgive my ignorance,  But it almost seems like there's a renaissance of sneakers being considered higher and higher fashion.    Luxury sneakers was a really niche market when I was in grade school and now cats are bragging about them in rap music.  It's been very interesting to watch this paradigm shift.

/stream of consciousness
True. But you should buy what you like not what an entertainer is wearing. 8 times out of 10 those guys have stylists who search these same blogs and get it for them. Its crazy how much these companies has us "caught up" into buying these "luxury" items.  Especially when people eating off like 1 us dollar a day around the world. SMH Something i need to pray about.

No, Russianboy.

Those Royaum shoes are trash.

They look like bootleg Supra's.

Why did they change the Birkin straps on the new 100MM Buscemi's?
Yea im not that big on the Royaums especially with the 700 dollar price point for a brand with relative little history. And no reviews on how the quality of the shoe is; I think the design is ok though. At least with Buscemi you know who he is, with his history at Gourmet, and you know he put a lot of quality into the shoe to warrant a price point such as that. Even though all these items are over priced. And not sure about the changes, i do know this is the second run of the 100mm (with a price increase), maybe a little tweak to deter Hermes from suing...I dunno.

No, Russianboy.

Those Royaum shoes are trash.

They look like bootleg Supra's.

Why did they change the Birkin straps on the new 100MM Buscemi's?
Not sure what your issue is

Person said " I'm not sure if i can post this here or not, if not, please let me know and i'll remove the post...."

I gave him an answer, not sure how i'm a "wannabe mod" but whatever floats your boat

/stream of consciousness

when I saw these Kris Van Assches on the hypebeast blog back in like 2009, opened my eyes a bit

kris-van-assche-fall-winter-2009-06.jpg

True. But you should buy what you like not what an entertainer is wearing. 8 times out of 10 those guys have stylists who search these same blogs and get it for them. Its crazy how much these companies has us "caught up" into buying these "luxury" items.  Especially when people eating off like 1 us dollar a day around the world. SMH Something i need to pray about.

the guilt does get real sometimes lol. I know it has to get to yall, seems like some of you guys buy thousand $ sneakers every month and got stacks of Arenas

Last edited:
when I saw these Kris Van Assches on the hypebeast blog back in like 2009, opened my eyes a bit

kris-van-assche-fall-winter-2009-06.jpg

the guilt does get real sometimes lol. I know it has to get to yall, seems like some of you guys buy thousand $ sneakers every month and got stacks of Arenas
why would we be guilty if we're spending our hard earned money on things we like?

/stream of consciousness

It's definitely the internet boom, social media and e-stores ease of accessibility. If you read back to the beginning for the thread when I started it in 2006 (8 years ago), you'd still see info are word of mouth. There isn't a big e-retailer boom yet so not everyone has access to the shoes as we do now. I remember looking for some Burberry slip-ons and some dude posted their pair here and it took so much effort to find one and I still failed to get a pair. Calls, emails back and forth, talking to several SAs, hell looking for a Burberry boutique back then wasn't as easy as going to Burberry.com and using a store locator.

These days, a link is posted on a forum and hundreds if not thousands of people knows about it and it sells out instantly. A sale is posted on twitter and the shoes flies off the shelves. Social media makes it easier to see what is out there now, not just from celebrities or stores posting the new shoes either, the general public too or some people who has/had hook-ups that never had the format to show what they have or what will be coming out too. 8 years ago, there was maybe this thread and another random thread in some obscure forum where you can get a peak at the new shoes out there or you have to guess what shoes some celebrity is wearing in some tabloid pic. Now there are websites that dedicates itself to simply what celebrities are wearing.

I give a lot of the "renaissance" of baller sneakers to the technology, without it, we'd still be PMing each other for store infos and calling every week and ask the SAs to email us a pic of the shoe and it's a process to size and return and checking quality etc... Now returns are usually free and too easy.

Without the new tech to show more and more people what is out there, I am almost certain about 3/4 of the people posting here wouldn't even be here now.

Last edited:
No one here should feel guilty for their purchases when the Wladen family owns 40% of all the wealth in America and they don't give 2 ***** or 2 $ to people. Hell, they keep getting rich from tax breaks and by underpaying their employees so we the "little people" can pay for their insurance and benefits with our tax dollars. Every time a Walmart opens in a city it costs the residence there, on average, a million dollars in additional taxes. If you really want to get pissed off, read up about them.

Touching on what RFX45 said. I know if it wasn't for the internet I would still think Gucci, Prada, Versace and Louis Vuitton were the end-all-be-all of fashion.

Last edited:
like dude said, it's people starving and you got a couple months worth of meals on your foot, it's excessive. like the whole blood diamonds thing
its not like im going to a third world country and rubbing it in those peoples faces. theres a lot of bad things going on in this planet as we speak, one individual cant change that all

No one here should feel guilty for their purchases when the Wladen family owns 40% of all the wealth in America and they don't give 2 ***** or 2 $ to people. Hell, they keep getting rich from tax breaks and by underpaying their employees so we the "little people" can pay for their insurance and benefits with our tax dollars. Every time a Walmart opens in a city it costs the residence there, on average, a million dollars in additional taxes. If you really want to get pissed off, read up about them.

Touching on what RFX45 said. I know if it wasn't for the internet I would still think Gucci, Prada, Versace and Louis Vuitton were the end-all-be-all of fashion.
It's definitely the internet boom, social media and e-stores ease of accessibility. If you read back to the beginning for the thread when I started it in 2006 (8 years ago), you'd still see info are word of mouth. There isn't a big e-retailer boom yet so not everyone has access to the shoes as we do now. I remember looking for some Burberry slip-ons and some dude posted their pair here and it took so much effort to find one and I still failed to get a pair. Calls, emails back and forth, talking to several SAs, hell looking for a Burberry boutique back then wasn't as easy as going to Burberry.com and using a store locator.

These days, a link is posted on a forum and hundreds if not thousands of people knows about it and it sells out instantly. A sale is posted on twitter and the shoes flies off the shelves. Social media makes it easier to see what is out there now, not just from celebrities or stores posting the new shoes either, the general public too or some people who has/had hook-ups that never had the format to show what they have or what will be coming out too. 8 years ago, there was maybe this thread and another random thread in some obscure forum where you can get a peak at the new shoes out there or you have to guess what shoes some celebrity is wearing in some tabloid pic. Now there are websites that dedicates itself to simply what celebrities are wearing.

I give a lot of the "renaissance" of baller sneakers to the technology, without it, we'd still be PMing each other for store infos and calling every week and ask the SAs to email us a pic of the shoe and it's a process to size and return and checking quality etc... Now returns are usually free and too easy.

Without the new tech to show more and more people what is out there, I am almost certain about 3/4 of the people posting here wouldn't even be here now.
True, i popped on the sneaker scene back in 99 -2000, before paypal was even thought of, we used money orders back then. I got burned more than a few times as well. I had an old account on the old yuku forums. Things has changed for the better and the worse. We have an easier access to items and also the relative ease of items selling out. Also people are using the reselling route as damn near a offical job occupation now. and people are supporting them. Buy buying into the hype of what is seen on the television and these blogs etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom