Post your Barber Clippers/Liners: Barber Tools Discussion/Questions

I feel what you're saying, man I tried. I got one of those more oval type hairlines in the front instead of a straight square, so when i tilt my head I'm literally like struggling to see the line lol. That's why that hump be getting the best of me.

The Wahl 5 star detailers be hitting good, I just wish they had like the ceramic blade or pro-mate made blade for em, cuz them factory joints rust and get dull wayyyyy to quick. 

You have to tilt the styliner blade or Bow your head lower to get that lineup better tho

If you can get what I'm saying
 I feel what you're saying, man I tried. I got one of those more oval type hairlines in the front instead of a straight square, so when i tilt my head I'm literally like struggling to see the line lol. That's why that hump be getting the best of me.

The Wahl 5 star detailers be hitting good, I just wish they had like the ceramic blade or pro-mate made blade for em, cuz them factory joints rust and get dull wayyyyy to quick. 

I know also the wahl Heros Have that hump also you might want to invest in the self cutting mirrors(three way mirror) too and take your time cutting and lining up your hair get better results

Just tried to cut my hair for the first time today. Got a new found respect for barbers. I'll never be able to shadow fade myself :lol:.

Didn't even get that far, watch a couple videos, started on my neck and didn't wanna do any further damage lol. View media item 1870605 I really didn't do much. Was scared to cut the bottom and start the fade process.

I remember when I started to cut my own hair did the all over fade with the one guard with the crispy line up then I got bored then tried the low taper fade , looked on YouTube did it I was in the bathroom for in hour making sure I was legit lol
Came out cool

I think when you start cutting your hair the biggest obstacle is fear, so you don't go full force. Go all the way, feel the fresh cut swag at the end of it. Just buzz it if it doesn't work out then try again.

My hair is long so blending is so frustrating. Gave myself a good haircut over the summer. I had some confidence. The next haircut I cut the sides and back really short and knew I couldn't blend it in with the top. Looked like a bad undercut, ended up just shaving my head.

I know also the wahl Heros Have that hump also you might want to invest in the self cutting mirrors(three way mirror) too and take your time cutting and lining up your hair get better results
Right, cause I was looking at the heros but I saw they have that lil hump too. Do the Outliner II's have the hump, looks like it? I know that's the standard for outlining and what not. 

I have been cutting my hair for 2 years now so I'm good with the clippers! I have been thinking about the SCM tho does look like it'll allow me to get even more detail. 

Didn't even get that far, watch a couple videos, started on my neck and didn't wanna do any further damage lol. I really didn't do much. Was scared to cut the bottom and start the fade process.
Bruh trust me when I tell you with guards SECURELY attached to the clippers, it's almost impossible to mess up. Just get some clippers make sure you have the magnetic Andis guards and go to work. The line up for most people is the most challenging thing, that's what I spend the most time on atleast. 

Do you guys stay with the stock blades for the outliners?
I set them but they still aren't really sharp enough for me for a really crisp line.

Do you guys stay with the stock blades for the outliners?
I set them but they still aren't really sharp enough for me for a really crisp line.

Make sure your blades are zero gaped and also sharpen andis outliners I orII styliner don't really come sharpen

Andis t outliners imo. They have their faults but once you get the blade adjusted right nothing lines up crispier than them

Back
Top Bottom