Post Your Beard. Vol: #Beardgang

For the people asking about the oils. Depending what you mix you'll get a different outcome.

Some mixes will help with growth, itching, patches, acne, dandruff, dry skin, course hair etc. it's mainly to keep your hair and skin healthy.

Major plus for me is it keeps wifey at ease. Soft beard and a scent she likes.

What oils help with patches and growth? I have jbco, but it's so thick I hardly use it

what's your guys's secret for growth? I think my beard has stopped growing.
There really isn't any secret, it's all genetics. I've heard that some people do have a point that they reach where the growth almost up and stops. I don't know if that's 100% true though.

been awhile since i checked on the gang. how are my bearded brethren?

Just wondering What are some of the best oils and beard products I can find at my local store? Online ordering ain't an option for me at the moment...

After using Jamaica Back Castor oil ( Extra dark- Sunny Isle brand) for almost a yr, my patches that have always existed have filled in like 80%
I been just brushed the oil in every other day the moisten the beard and have it lay in hopes the patches would shrink and now im forgetting where they
were. :smokin

Any recommendations for beard waxes (or something similar to keep stray hairs down)? Don't need any help with growth.

^^ need some recs for beard oils for the bruhs. I'm prone to ingrown hairs if that helps. Thinking about sweet almond oil & maybe jojoba

Last edited:
After using Jamaica Back Castor oil ( Extra dark- Sunny Isle brand) for almost a yr, my patches that have always existed have filled in like 80%
I been just brushed the oil in every other day the moisten the beard and have it lay in hopes the patches would shrink and now im forgetting where they
Do you really think that the oil filled in your patches or could it be just giving the area time for growth? I'm still skeptical about anything creating hair growth. If anything I've always believed the oils are beneficial for moisturizing the hair and skin below only, not for making hair grow. That is purely genetics.

Any recommendations for beard waxes (or something similar to keep stray hairs down)? Don't need any help with growth.
I use Honest Amish Beard Wax and it works great on stray hairs and shaping your beard.

Do you really think that the oil filled in your patches or could it be just giving the area time for growth? I'm still skeptical about anything creating hair growth. If anything I've always believed the oils are beneficial for moisturizing the hair and skin below only, not for making hair grow. That is purely genetics.
I cant guarantee that's its ddefinitely the oil, but I been bearded for 7 yrs and only this past yr, my joint has looked more full and barely any patches. And I been usin the oil for a yr. So im was assuming there was a correlation.

Don't mean to sound ignorant....but does beard wax for on black folks beard hair?
It works good on all beards, doesn't matter the ethnicity.

I cant guarantee that's its ddefinitely the oil, but I been bearded for 7 yrs and only this past yr, my joint has looked more full and barely any patches. And I been usin the oil for a yr. So im was assuming there was a correlation.
I know as we get older our facial hair growth actually improves. If you have been bearded for seven years it seems only fitting that you're experiencing the natural growth phase. I'd like to believe oils could somehow fill in patches, but all of the research I've done says differently.

My beard is starting to grow in across my cheek now it be here by December( hair grows mad slow ) don't want to post pics until it's official

Barber edged my beard up- he messed up my chin area in the front side. Was gona rock it since it grows kinda wuick but shaved it off instead. Man i regret it. I have a baby face too. My girl hid the razors.

View media item 1613651
Proud of my stuff. But under my neck I get ingrown hairs and bumps. I stopped putting my facial lotion there and it helped

But what else can I do about this ingrown hair? Aydua me pls

View media item 1613651
Proud of my stuff. But under my neck I get ingrown hairs and bumps. I stopped putting my facial lotion there and it helped

But what else can I do about this ingrown hair? Aydua me pls

In grown hairs usually come from shaving against the grain, using an old razor or, shaving without proper other or softening the skin prior to shave.
I never shave before a shower, the steam seems to prep my face for what's to come, a shave.

If you want to just take the easy way though, Go to Wal-Mart and purchase "bump stopper" and apply it after every shave, shortcut

View media item 1613656

Back
Top Bottom