Post Your Bicycle vol. I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike

Originally Posted by ksmith4768

My bike is older than some of the people on this Board... 
1987 GT Pro Freestyle Tour Team Model (Day-Glow Pink)
It's currently hanging in a bike shop on display...
281832036.jpg
so sick!

Originally Posted by jayswisz

tumblr_kzvmuiFLf11qzhlr9o1_500.jpg

trying to sell it though to get an iro on b43s =]
the hell is the point of that, why dont you just buy b43s for that bike? ure just changing from a entry level 4130 frame to another entry level 4130.

Originally Posted by itz rOLLi

Originally Posted by jayswisz

tumblr_kzvmuiFLf11qzhlr9o1_500.jpg

trying to sell it though to get an iro on b43s =]
the hell is the point of that, why dont you just buy b43s for that bike? ure just changing from a entry level 4130 frame to another entry level 4130.
because this bike is really small hahah its a 49cm amazing for tricking but i doubt id be able to find 650c b43s

heres my '08 fuji roubaix, that stock wheelset will soon be replaced by a pair of Soul S2.0. this is the first weekend i've been able to take it out for a ride after winter
pimp.gif
just re-realized how much i love zipping around in my bike. i need to find a nice italian steel frame to make a fixie out of this summer.

came in on friday. its been a minute since ive rode fixed. gone over the handlebars twice already
smh.gif
going to be switching the wheelset, cog, chain, pedals, and seat

Do you guys think this is a decent bike?  It's a Trek 4500.  I'm mainly going on some trails and maybe the street.  He's asking $550 obo (Retail on the site is $729). 
3na3mc3p85Y45T05W4a45bc7dd98424ee19bc.jpg

Originally Posted by itz rOLLi

Originally Posted by Ryda421

fixed bikes are disgusting IMO

this is mine

trek5200mod3.jpg
i like it.

i dont get what makes a fixed bike disgusting? the drivetrain makes it disgusting?
correct. maybe it's me but i just dislike single speed bikes with no brakes. i just think it is extremely unsafe. fixies are meant for indoor. also most of the handle bars are really weird looking
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by justinvincent

Originally Posted by 5thGearidah

I hate this time of year when all the fixed gear clowns come out on their shiny new bikes.
Learn the rules of the road before you start running red lights, causing accidents and such.
and get a helmet!

Crucial.  I didnt learn proper road etiquette till I started riding with a bunch of road cyclists, those dudes know.
A lot of guys riding fixed think they're untouchable, they fail to see the real danger that goes along side riding on the street.  Trust me seeing someone get hit or hearing about people going into comas gets you shook, especially when its acquaintances or friends.  Rock that helmet cause it'll save your life.

I run my fair share of red lights when I'm riding in the city but the excitement you get from that is nothing compared to passing weekend warriors dressed in full US Postal kits with carbon bikes.
school me on road etiquette? and you're in SF too right?

i don't ride fixed though but the dudes i ride with do. only 1 of em has been riding for a couple of years while the others just got into it a couple of months ago.

i do need a road bike since i just copped one off my co worker for $50 and it's way to big for me.

Can someone point me in the direction of a nice, decent road bike?? I'm not looking to do marathons or anything. Just wanna have something to get to the bank, haircut, etc. Preferably no more than $200 (is that even possible?). I'm in San Jose if that helps.

No fixed gear bikes please.

Originally Posted by daprescription

Do you guys think this is a decent bike?  It's a Trek 4500.  I'm mainly going on some trails and maybe the street.  He's asking $550 obo (Retail on the site is $729). 
3na3mc3p85Y45T05W4a45bc7dd98424ee19bc.jpg

How tall are you? That frame looks very small.

I had a cheap sears bike growing up and it still works fine. whats inherently better about these bikes? I still got up to a fast speed. I knew how to stop etc.. I am totally out of the loop on bikes. I know weights now an issue although I like some weight to my bike. can anyone break it down for me?

is it the equivalent to buying walmart athletic shoes and comparing them to kobes or lebrons? i know they arent all treated equally. thats why im asking. I got through 25 mile saturday morning rides just fine

my cousin asked to borrow my Dyno XR a few years back, asked for it 2 years ago... found out his pops sold it to a crackhead... smh

edit:

I found this bike on craigslist as "like new"

I'm 200 lbs and 5' 10"... should I be messing with this?
laugh.gif

Like I said I used to have a GT dyno XR and could do jumps and what not when I was 175lbs, is this comparable?
thanks in advance!

http://www.thecyclepeople...oductdetails.asp?id=2402
gt_compe_10.jpg

TREK 4300 hard-tail...,
dmwdtx.jpg

6f4k0o.jpg

it's dirty as hell though right now, and my tires need air.  Trying to start riding again now that the weather is nice and i have time

daprescription, I'm pretty sure you can get that bike used for at least 100 dollars cheaper if not more. Try to bargain w/him or keep searching

Back
Top Bottom