Post Your Bikes...

n11209662_31725817_1171.jpg

first one is a jamis steel hardtail, converted to a "street" bike. nothing fancy. close to 20 pounds

second one is a K2 Razorback Team, had this bike since 2002. best bike i've ever ridden. close to 24 pounds right now.

third one is a KHS FR1500 freeride/light downhill bike. 8 inches of travel up front and 5-7 out back. very plush ride. close to 45 pounds.

feel free to email me at [email protected] or aim cameltrophy24 with questions or anything. i may not know much, but i do know bikes. holler at me.

I need a bike that is good for city use. In the summer I am biking a couple miles each day and currently i have a piece of S*** with a bent frame. I am lookingfor something cheap? I don't really klnow what cheap is for bikes but I would like something nice. Any suggestions? I live in NYC by btw.

2008 Cannondale F5..just around your budget of $500. It has decent components for the price and I think the color scheme is really good.

IMG_0004_large.jpg

I'm currently building up my new bike, it's an '05 Bianchi S9 Matta Ti frame and I'm going to build it up with full Campy Record and KsyriumSL's. My old bike was an '06 Jamis Xenith Team full carbon frame but I sold it to get my macbook and pay for school :-/ I'll post pics up whenit's built up Here's my old bike
quiksilver199vacation%20002.jpg

For dude asking about BMX bikes online check out www.danscomp.com pretty decent site with good bikes. And people still ride those Low rider bikes? Ihaven't seen one of those joints in a while.

I'm looking for a good bmx bike for the spring. The only problem is I don't know much about bikes and I'm a little on the tall side ( 6'4" ). Any suggestions?

Girard:

eek.gif

I miss my VFR.
frown.gif

My girl "locked it up" for me about 6 months ago and it got stolen. Had that thing for nearly 10 years man. I need to buy another one. If I can findthe exact same one, it's mine.

Props on that old K2 razorback. Don't see too many FS designs with a pullshock anymore. What year is that Fork?

Here's what I'll be riding all summer. Will probably upgrade before the 2009 season starts:

2962578eafe54842e530792d6719d88cb6ed5f2.jpg

Mine is basically identical except it has a bashguard. I'll be using it Diablo Freeride Park in NJ for freeride and possibly light DH. I want to pick upsomething for next season with 7+ inches in the rear. This rig is 6 in the front and back.

What other websites are good for BMX bikes besides danscomp.com? How much weight is considered light for a bike?

Danscomp is pretty much the best site for quality BMX bikes. Average weight for beginner bikes is like 28-30 lbs. average is around like 25-28 lbs. And onewith all top of the line parts and stuff would probably be around 24 and under.

Back
Top Bottom