\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

What kind of car and what was the price if you don't mind me asking?

2015 Mercedes C Class. It came out to 58k after everything(build came to 53 something then taxes, title, maintenace, and some negative equity.) Pics a few posts above.

Can any E9x 335i owners hit me with a list of cons you have experienced while owning the car?

also some known problems that the cars have.

thanks!

^ i just recently ran into a common problem a few hrs ago

had a rough idle randomly did some research guess i gotta replace my ignition coil i pulled over turned the car off and back on and it went away tho so idk might come back might not

my e92 has 53k miles if that matters never had any problems so far tho

Last edited:

I want to throw the tints on this weekend. What percentages you think work best?
Was thinking 15 on backs and 50 or 35 on front side doors. I'm in Cali.

Last edited:

I want to throw the tints on this weekend. What percentages you think work best?
I don't know what your local laws and cops are like out there, but I'd do something similar back and front, never been a fan of really dark back windows and only slightly dark fronts. Maybe like 20 on the back, 35 on the front, something like that.

I honestly love my 2014 6. I did a lot of research and went with the 6 and it has been rated top mid size sedan by several different sources. A big thing for me was that I wanted something that not everyone else had. I could have gone Accord or Camry but those cars were boring and felt like dad cars. The 6 blended sportiness and fuel efficiency, can easily get mid 30s in this in mixed city and highway driving. If youre having a hard time deciding between those 3 cars I would get in and test drive them all. After I test drove the 6 I was completely sold. My fiance bought a 2011 Mazda 3 hatch a few years ago and driving that made me fall in love with Mazdas, I love the style and performance.
were going to go test drive it sometime soon. hopefully this weekend. that 38mpg looks WONDERFUL too and yea i dont see many mazdas around. i only wish they had like a dark blue exterior with the peanut butter/clay brown interior combo.
I've had mines for over a year now, it still gets people's neck turning. Got the touring and still smells new. I'd say get the touring (if possible), the extra do make it worth it IMO.

Can any E9x 335i owners hit me with a list of cons you have experienced while owning the car?

thanks!

Summary:

I've had mine for almost a year now. Only major issue I had was self inflicted (poor driving choices) :smh:

Bought it with 65k on the dash, 80k now. I had a thermostat failure code throw within 2 months of ownership, it went away while driving and never came back.

Last month it overheated and I assumed it was the water pump because of that previous code. I posted about it in here complaining about how much BMW sucks at cooling systems :lol:

Turns out it was just a hose that broke to my radiator. Had it fixed for less than $100.

Cons:
- filling up with premium in car that is this fun to drive can suck at times
- fuel pump problems are the norm, BMW will replace it under warranty up to 80k miles if Im not mistaken
- as stated earlier, water pumps can be an issue as well. If it fails its $400 just for the pump, so if you don't DIY you're looking at $800 at least in the shop
- while a great performing suspension platform, it can feel like you're driving an old civic on bumpy roads.
- no factory option to stream music via bluetooth to the stereo on earlier models

You didn't ask for pros but I'll give them:
- underrated power
- if you get 6 speed, that gearbox is straight butter compared to E36/E46. Hill assist is also :smokin
- the power delivery is straight up intoxicating. It feels like the powerband is through the entire rpm range
- no noticeable turbo lag
- da yambs love it :pimp:

yoo 788 is OD unless u copped a 60k+ car or somethin :lol: then again i doubt yall would put down 5k on a 60k+ car :nerd: :lol:

aint tryna count anybodies pocket tho so dont mind me :lol:

Last edited:
man, a material handler at my job bought a silverado EXACTLY like I want, except for the color and I heard he paid like 55K. Not looking to pay that much so I hope the number is just wrong. I was hoping on buying a 2014 or 2015 in like April- June with something like 10 down plus whatever I can sell/trade in my car for and it would still be over 500 a month. I just don't want to do that.

thanks!
Summary:

I've had mine for almost a year now. Only major issue I had was self inflicted (poor driving choices)
mean.gif

Bought it with 65k on the dash, 80k now. I had a thermostat failure code throw within 2 months of ownership, it went away while driving and never came back.

Last month it overheated and I assumed it was the water pump because of that previous code. I posted about it in here complaining about how much BMW sucks at cooling systems
laugh.gif

Turns out it was just a hose that broke to my radiator. Had it fixed for less than $100.

Cons:
- filling up with premium in car that is this fun to drive can suck at times
- fuel pump problems are the norm, BMW will replace it under warranty up to 80k miles if Im not mistaken
- as stated earlier, water pumps can be an issue as well. If it fails its $400 just for the pump, so if you don't DIY you're looking at $800 at least in the shop
- while a great performing suspension platform, it can feel like you're driving an old civic on bumpy roads.
- no factory option to stream music via bluetooth to the stereo on earlier models

You didn't ask for pros but I'll give them:
- underrated power
- if you get 6 speed, that gearbox is straight butter compared to E36/E46. Hill assist is also
smokin.gif

- the power delivery is straight up intoxicating. It feels like the powerband is through the entire rpm range
- no noticeable turbo lag
- da yambs love it
pimp.gif
thanks bro.  Have you done any mods to the engine? 

Uniform looks the best imo.

But if you go 15 in the back, its probably best to go 35 instead of 50 to get it closer to match the 15.

My moms suv looks silly with no tint in the front. 50 would probably have the same effect. I got 30's all round. Looks good, but could be a little darker.

had a rough idle randomly did some research guess i gotta replace my ignition coil i pulled over turned the car off and back on and it went away tho so idk might come back might not

So i heard the 09 is like the one to buy because it still has the N54 motor but they fixed a lot of the bugs the 07-08 had such as the bad fuel pumps. This true?

Also, how are the auto paddle shift ******s?  Do they shift super fast or are they lame?

i know in the Evo 10 world, it's pretty much you buy the manual transmission or you are a lame, is it the same in the 335i world or are the auto ones actually nice?

Last edited:
This has got me wanting one again. Almost pulled the trigger in 2012 but now i think i really might go for it

whew cop 1 tho fam this thing handles like a dream makes me wanna do some spirited driving on some twisty roads all the time :lol: all my damb friends be scared to ride with me :lol:

So i heard the 09 is like the one to buy because it still has the N54 motor but they fixed a lot of the bugs the 07-08 had such as the bad fuel pumps. This true?

Also, how are the auto paddle shift ******s?  Do they shift super fast or are they lame?

i know in the Evo 10 world, it's pretty much you buy the manual transmission or you are a lame, is it the same in the 335i world or are the auto ones actually nice?
i dont own an 09 so i cant speak from experience but i know you'll find a bunch of info on google/bmw fourms

i drove my cousins auto plenty times tho pushed it really hard too and the ****** honestly isnt bad it isnt super fast but it isnt slow or lame
to any car guy i guess an auto would be lame unless its DCT or some **** :lol: you gotta drive one for yourself tho its not clunky or anything it feels really smooth and the shifts feel like shifts
the auto can still kind of slide it if thats your thing powerslides are fun :lol: it wont over rev either it'll shift for you once you reach redline even if you're in manual mode havent tried launching an auto yet so idk about that :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom