\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Y'all are taking this article out of context.

They didn't choose anything. A 340i happened to be at the same location as the Camaro. The writer drove cars both back to back. He found that the BMW, the "ultimate driving machine", was outclassed not just by the power, but by the chassis, handling, and responsiveness of the Camaro.

Of course the comparison isn't a fair one. The point of the article is that gm's alpha platform is really good, and stacks up with the 3 series. Years ago, the Camaro wasn't even close to any model 3 series on chassis and handling. That's it! That's the point.

Last edited:
This might sound crazy but I might cop a e92 m3 soon and also keep my 335i

I'm looking for a 6 speed convertible

I just love the e92 body

Looks like they're trying to bully a car clearly not even in its league, performance-wise.

That doesn't sound like confidence in their new platform, but rather insecurity or some kind of animosity Chevy has had that BMW was never eem aware of.

Next up, pair up the M4 with a Malibu and put it on the track. But this is just to show how forced induction has really done the M4 well, nothing else. If the Malibu gets lapped 12 times, disregard it, focus on our turbo engine.

Yea, I don't think anybody would waste their time on reading or writing that article.

It would've been better to see them compare them to cars who are actually similar in performance and somewhat similar in price. You know, like how they're constantly doing with the little ol' flat-4 dinosaur EJ STI and all these other new cars.

You got stock in BMW?

Looks like they're trying to bully a car clearly not even in its league, performance-wise.

That doesn't sound like confidence in their new platform, but rather insecurity or some kind of animosity Chevy has had that BMW was never eem aware of.

Next up, pair up the M4 with a Malibu and put it on the track. But this is just to show how forced induction has really done the M4 well, nothing else. If the Malibu gets lapped 12 times, disregard it, focus on our turbo engine.

Yea, I don't think anybody would waste their time on reading or writing that article.

It would've been better to see them compare them to cars who are actually similar in performance and somewhat similar in price. You know, like how they're constantly doing with the little ol' flat-4 dinosaur EJ STI and all these other new cars.
the m4 was outperformed by the previous generation Camaro 1LE on the track. it wouldn't stand a chance against the new SS. BMW dropped the ball with the f82. increasing the footprint was not a good idea.

Last edited:
It's still a Camaro at the end of the day.

as someone who drives American cars on a daily basis now because of my job, from 1969 427 camaros, to 60s Chevelles, to 60s Mustangs, to 2012 Shelby GT500s, to 30s Hot rods, to c6 z06 Corvettes, i can honestly say my opinion on American cars and v8s hasn't changed.  If anything, i like them even less than i used to now that i've actually experienced driving so many of them. The crap interiors, the low revving obnoxiously loud V8s, the gear boxes, the handling,  It's just not an enjoyable driving experience at all. The z06 is by far the best of the American cars i've driven, but i still wouldn't ever own one over the other options in the price range

Last edited:

It's still a Camaro at the end of the day.

as someone who drives American cars on a daily basis now because of my job, from 1969 427 camaros, to 60s Chevelles, to 60s Mustangs, to 2012 Shelby GT500s, to 30s Hot rods, to c6 z06 Corvettes, i can honestly say my opinion on American cars and v8s hasn't changed.  If anything, i like them even less than i used to now that i've actually experienced driving so many of them. The crap interiors, the low revving obnoxiously loud V8s, the gear boxes, the handling,  It's just not an enjoyable driving experience at all. The z06 is by far the best of the American cars i've driven, but i still wouldn't ever own one over the other options in the price range
That's fine. Almost everything you posted is subjective. What isn't subjective are the performance numbers.

I can't wait for the 6th gen ZL1. Its going to be ridiculous. 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Y'all are taking this article out of context.

They didn't choose anything. A 340i happened to be at the same location as the Camaro. The writer drove cars both back to back. He found that the BMW, the "ultimate driving machine", was outclassed not just by the power, but by the chassis, handling, and responsiveness of the Camaro.

Of course the comparison isn't a fair one. The point of the article is that gm's alpha platform is really good, and stacks up with the 3 series. Years ago, the Camaro wasn't even close to any model 3 series on chassis and handling. That's it! That's the point.
Someone understands

Someone understands
:smokin

People are making a mountain out of a mole hill, and reading WAY too far into it :lol: . It's just an article that says that the old Camaro used to be embarassed by a base model 3 series in terms of driving experience (which it should not have, they're in different classes), and now, due to its new platform, it holds its own, and even surpasses a plain jane BMW (as it should, they're in different classes). Simple!

Any reason you went with a GC instead of a 335?
Love the look.  IMO the GC is what the 3 series should have been.  And there are very few 435GCs on the road.  And will be even less when the 440GC comes out in March. Also the deal was really good. I got a 2015 discount on a 2016.

wait is there a difference between a 335i and a 435i GC?

im so confused as to why they made a four door version of the 4 series when the 4 series is supposed to be the two door version of the 3 series.

BMW, water yoo doing?

wait is there a difference between a 335i and a 435i GC?

im so confused as to why they made a four door version of the 4 series when the 4 series is supposed to be the two door version of the 3 series.

BMW, water yoo doing?
Re: engine, they are the same. The 435GC is really a 435i coupe with literally 2 more doors and an adjusted roof.  The backseat is tiny. Trunk is a hatchback.

435iGC is lighter than the 335i, though.  Speed is pretty much the same. 4.8 0-60.

That's fine. Almost everything you posted is subjective. What isn't subjective are the performance numbers.

I can't wait for the 6th gen ZL1. Its going to be ridiculous. :nerd:  

Everything about that car will be amazing except the body it's ugly smh

Looks like mustang challenger and charger are going to be the best looking on the road for now

Back
Top Bottom