\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

:smokin

lamborghini-aventador-lp700-4-matte-black-2_0.jpg

Embrace the rasp.

It's part of that beautiful V8. I never switched exhausts and had some rasp, and absolutely loved it.

You don't want to sound like a fat-man version of a V8.

Thats what i say i dont want it to sound american at all , no knock to the american v8 sound , they have their signature sound but man that sound at 7k rpm when you aint even redlining til 8,250 rpm and going from 90 to 150 like nothing on the highway and ZERO flinch on the steering wheel ...i can almost shed a tear of driving happiness sometimes lol

Last edited:
Yea I'm with you. For me, matte black only works on certain styles of cars. Brand new cars is not one of those styles.

This works

This looks cheap and tacky

In my humble opinion of course.

This ...metallic wraps / chrome wraps / chameleon wraps are the goat for me not to mention the functionality of wrap protecting the factory paint and the wraps dont get rock chips as easily...man my m3 has soooooo many even one on the windshield and that boner sorry dont know what its called that hoodscoop thing on my m has a mean rock chip :frown:

Nelson killing these 916 streets with the e92 m thrizzle :x

Don't pull up next to me bro in my N/A e92 :lol:

Not a fan of that Frozen black at all. i think matte black kills the look of a car, even if it's factory paint
Yea I'm with you. For me, matte black only works on certain styles of cars. Brand new cars is not one of those styles.

This works

This looks cheap and tacky

In my humble opinion of course.
100% agree

and that Lambo Celtics posted would look better if it were just painted literally any gloss color 
laugh.gif

Yep. I don't own the shop, but it's where I went for tuning, installation. It's one of the only 2 shops in the US that Jr does his tuning. And the shop owner as well as Junior are both easy to get along with dudes, have no problem answering your questions whenever you want to ask them, are brutally honest and just have a great collaboration going as well as great people working in there.

This very same car ran a 9.77 on a stock long block. You can get a boxer over 450whp with a simple replacement of a larger turbo and supporting mods to accommodate for the higher boost. Which will run you maybe like $3-4K if you're not doing any of the work yourself?

Whether it's reliable or not on the cheap alloy Subaru uses for their engines is a different story. If you're comparing it to say a 4G63 also a 4-cylinder, it's an iron block inline-4 that comes with forged internals straight out of the factory. Just off the strength that it's an iron block, no-pun, you can run crazy amounts of boost to it.

You can get a 2Jz to 1000+whp on its stock internals. V6 iron block. Nothing really special about the engines itself, but rather the material used to build it. That Golf R-400 is coming with like 400+hp on an inline-4 coming with forged internal straight out of the factory tuned to reliably get 420hp.

Being able to use the power efficiently is a different story, and that's what these tiny flat-fours are proving to do.

That's taking its AWD, steering/cornering, differentials, transmission, etc. out of the equation. Strictly talking hp numbers.
I agree entirely. I actually plan to do the work myself once I get an WRB STI, i'll leave the tuning to the shops here at Quantum Performance. They are known to tune a lot of vehicles, mostly foreign, of cours.e 

Thanks for the good information!

Not a problem!​

Any specific year STi you're looking at? I would wait for the new FA25 STi's to come out as they're proving to be a promising engine.
2007-'08 Hawkeye

2011 STI Hatchbacks

2015-2016 STI (Launch edition would be amazing 
pimp.gif
) <-- I probably will have to wait til I graduate college first. 

Yes, the new motor is definitely something I am excited to see and hear about. Hopefully it'll cure the ring land issues that has been an issues with the H4. 

Do the back of the Impreza remind you of anything? Said, the taillights reminds me of a BMW 320d..  Similarities 

I remember watching an episode of Hot Version where they were testing, (If I remember correctly) a GM that was interviewed by Drift King said that they were looking to pursue the WRX/STI against the BMW M3 series, etc.. I've been telling people that information and the competition against the EVO has definitely faded away probably some years ago.

There we go ^ lol

I can't deny the WOT sound of a M Series letting it loose on the pavement. It's probably one of the meanest sound I've ever heard in person, next to a ZO6 Vette. 

BPU.

Man I slept on the previous gen hatch. So tasteful. My homie copped a white one and even stock that thang is mean as hell.

The only real competition the STi had was the Evo, and it sucks that they're discontinuing it.

I would definitely hold off until the FA25 releases, and hopefully they bring back the hatch again.
devil.gif
So the EJ will be discontinued as of the latest gen and going foward wil be the FA25? bigger turbo maybe?? I know Subaru always used them small ol turbos. lol

Yep. Probably not bigger, but definitely not the dinosaur of a VF48, but a MUCH more efficient turbo for its size and definitely bigger than the current WRX's.

Here's an FA20DIT finally getting some time and attention from good tooners.

Now picture an FA25DIT with a fancy new turbo and everything the STi has to offer.

Wouldn't hurt having a classic limited edition WRB/Gold EJ STi and an FA25 hatch STi IMO, who both hold their resale value very well/collectibles.

Just throwing the thought out there to whoever was interested in that combo. Too rich for my blood for sure.
With these numbers and graphs, that sound very promising for the FA of the future with a few BPU

I definitely have to look more into the FA. 

Which car do you like more, your STI or your AM? 

Back
Top Bottom