\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I definitely get the attraction for the car for sure. When I worked at a Ford dealership for a short time, the owner took me for a spin in his. Everyone has their car for sure. By the way Ford vs Ferrari was a great movie.

For me though, a lot of different cars tick my boxes, but I can always appreciate a GT. I do love the analog nature of it, since I like a lot of old cars as well. :nthat:

Awesome buddy. Believe me, I'm with you on analog cars. Before I ordered my 2006 Mustang GT back in 2005, I contemplated on a sort of barn find. A 1988 E24 M6! Car was near my sister's place. 4 flats, and state inspection was last done in late 90s. Wasn't too sure how much it would cost to get her running but I ultimately bought the GT (which lead me to eventually meet my wife as we met at a Mustang show). But I always have a soft spot for an E24 M6.

The movie was AWESOME!! I knew most of the story just from being a GT40 buff. But I still lost it when Ken died testing the J-car (which eventually became the Mk IV). It's probably going to be the last movie I will have seen in the theater for a long time. Wife my repop Cobra team shirt that the crew were wearing (blue with COBRA on the back). Such a great movie and I'm so glad it got critical acclaim and made good money!! That bodes well for future racing movies.

That's wassup man, congrats. Post up pics of that badboy when you get the chance. Beemer & Hemi in the stable :pimp::pimp::pimp:God Bless brother

I actually got rid of the M, I never drove it and I didn’t love it anymore.

Here is right before I sold her:

EBFF88A6-83EC-43AD-AE4D-644F16D71194.jpeg

And the new girl:

BC7862C0-96DE-4DD5-B714-BAF9F823FE51.jpeg

New shoes coming soon :evil:

In my budget they make sense, when you start looking at 17s and up then yeah it wouldn't make sense considering what you get a TC for used with some miles on it.

Rsq8 is :smokin. It’s a shame they didn’t even try to hide the sensors in the grilles of their new cars, at least in the rs isn’t that bad but still hard to unsee them.

My mechanic at work has some snap on stuff but a lot of his tools are harbor freight. Nothing wrong with that. Save your money.

that's what all the techs at work told me, i like working on my own car at home so for the basic stuff harbor freight tools work just fine

snap on prices are ridiculous, one of these techs got a decked out tool box that was like $25k :sick:

You def have sharp vision, God bless brother. Nice choice for the coilovers...very exciting project lol. I put coils on my Maxima back in Jan. Went with BC Racing. LOVE the drop, not only does it look better with no wheel gap but it rides a lot more planted to the ground as well. Glad you did research on it as their is an entire universe dedicated to coilovers...it never ends. LOL the yellow does stick out like a sore thumb...wish they made them black. I like the Evo from 2 Fast...just not in that particular color/wrap that Paul Walker was whippin around in. Is that the one you're looking into? Bilstein is pretty well reputed so you get what you pay for with em. Tein is also a well established manufacturer, how do you like them? What setting do you have the firmness on? I put my Maximas on at the tightest setting under the assumption it's going to be a tight firm ride like my Challenger only to find out it was like riding on a hayride :rofl: Ole reliable was bouncing & bopping all over the damn place...had to turn it down a notch on the firmness. It's good you have the skills and know-how to install parts by yourself. I have my older brother to do anything and everything mechanical lol, I'm just the driver & check guy haha. 05fordgt 05fordgt is a chill dude. Very knowledgeable on cars. Your OEM springs look to be in ok condition, some life left in em. Hold onto em or sell em. I held onto my Maxima ones just incase. What car did the new ones go on btw? Do you have b4 & afters?

I have a 2004 acura tsx, before and after might look the same because the car was on lowering springs when i bought it. I like the TEINs so far, it was my first time ever installing and dealing with coilovers. Like you, i also had the dampening set at the stiffest and i had to change that ASAP :rofl: . So I dialed it back and changed it to the recommended setting in the manual, 8 in the front and 10 in the back. It has 16 clicks of adjustability, so that is like right in the middle.

I like working on my own car, it's a cool little hobby and i get my mechanical skills up being hands on. I also replaced the radiator, door lock actuators, and window regulator assemblies by myself. The car was actually already dropped when i bought it, but the ride quality has been bootycheeks since last year. I'm going to sell the old suspension, they're the OEM shocks but have Eibach lowering springs on them. I also need to go ahead and do bushings, ball joints and end links...basically a suspension rebuild.

The evo in 2f2f was an Evo 7, it was never sold in the states so you have to import it from japan. That's not the one i want, it's not the best looking imo or my favorite. I really want a 5, but i would't mind a 3 or 4. The prices on the 8 and 9 are still way too high for me.

tumblr_pqkwhzUJLE1us4itp_1280.jpg

Yeah I know a guy like that. He was a mechanic, spent way too much money on a snap on tool box and two weeks later he quit being a mechanic. Still works at the same place but he runs the loader now. :lol:

That front plate in the bumper literally ruins a car for me. The guy I got the GC from lived in VA and I took the whole bracket and all off right in front of him before I even drove off :lol: hate them damn things

that's what all the techs at work told me, i like working on my own car at home so for the basic stuff harbor freight tools work just fine

snap on prices are ridiculous, one of these techs got a decked out tool box that was like $25k :sick:

I have a 2004 acura tsx, before and after might look the same because the car was on lowering springs when i bought it. I like the TEINs so far, it was my first time ever installing and dealing with coilovers. Like you, i also had the dampening set at the stiffest and i had to change that ASAP :rofl: . So I dialed it back and changed it to the recommended setting in the manual, 8 in the front and 10 in the back. It has 16 clicks of adjustability, so that is like right in the middle.

I like working on my own car, it's a cool little hobby and i get my mechanical skills up being hands on. I also replaced the radiator, door lock actuators, and window regulator assemblies by myself. The car was actually already dropped when i bought it, but the ride quality has been bootycheeks since last year. I'm going to sell the old suspension, they're the OEM shocks but have Eibach lowering springs on them. I also need to go ahead and do bushings, ball joints and end links...basically a suspension rebuild.

The evo in 2f2f was an Evo 7, it was never sold in the states so you have to import it from japan. That's not the one i want, it's not the best looking imo or my favorite. I really want a 5, but i would't mind a 3 or 4. The prices on the 8 and 9 are still way too high for me.

tumblr_pqkwhzUJLE1us4itp_1280.jpg

How rare are the Evo 6 Tommi Makinen editions overseas? That is the one I like the most.

That front plate in the bumper literally ruins a car for me. The guy I got the GC from lived in VA and I took the whole bracket and all off right in front of him before I even drove off :lol: hate them damn things
They dont have to drill and rivet them on GCs? Audi thankfully figured out how to swap between no plate/plate cleanly. The first gen r8s came with two different grills one with a front plate bracket and one without, so if you buy one from a state that requires front plates you get the grille with the big rectangle. His has the front plate grill but we live in a state that doesnt require one so i always give him **** :lol: i would try and swap that out ASAP if it were me.

Back
Top Bottom