\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

God damn those wheels on the CGT look terrible.

They're actually custom made HRE I think (gotta remember what he said yesterday). The company only made a few sets, sold them quick and that was it. They are super light. He's had them on the car for a long while. I am a fan of the OEM wheels. They look fantastic.

Since I have an RSVP for a BRONCO the wife surprised me by renting my exact spec minus the body colored hard top. Took a drive out to Shenandoah Mountains for a Skyline Drive and rented an Airbnb in the mountains.

We were both worried it wouldn't fit in our DC driveway, it fits with lots of room to spare.
tempImagegpa7Np.png
Have had mine for a month now. Really fun to drive. Need to make a little trip like you did soon.
912E0307-6976-4C1D-B778-E083FA4A2D81.jpeg
F2582371-CE95-43AD-848D-97341D3BB649.jpeg

Cars and coffee was amazing but they need to set limits on who can come in the lot before 10am. I get there at 9am and can't find a a space in the lot because there are funky 1990 Honda Crvs and Mazda Miatas in the back rows of the lot. (And I'm not being elitist, those cars were dirty, there was a cute clean new VW Beetle convertible that was parked next to the Porsches that looked good.) They had the turnout to fill all the rows with great cars and had to turn away nice cars because the lot was full.

I thought I was doing good getting there by 9am too smh. A few pics
20211121_100352.jpg

20211121_101056.jpg

20211121_093609.jpg

Nope, can't get there at 9 am. It becomes gridlock trying to get in. Some of my friends were there at 8 am. Myself, my friend who who parked next to me in the Vette and my other friend who had the red vintage XKE Jaguar convertible, we got there at 8:30 or so and the lot was half empty still. Learned my lesson a few months prior.

You can't do the "pick & choose" what goes in. Then it gets ugly. So some cars were dirty. I get what your saying but some cars aren't garaged. Heck, my car isn't in a garage anymore with my wife's nice cars. So I wash it & wax it. If it rains the night before, I make sure to park it away from our back deck and away from trees. The water will just clean it and I can wipe it down. It's a gathering. Some cars may not seem up to some standards, but that's not the point. We're all car people and all cars should be welcome. They already do the splitting of the lot by make, type, etc and some people hate that too.

Have had mine for a month now. Really fun to drive. Need to make a little trip like you did soon.
912E0307-6976-4C1D-B778-E083FA4A2D81.jpeg
F2582371-CE95-43AD-848D-97341D3BB649.jpeg
Damn we are going to have to link up, when I get mine next year. I'm a day 2 RSVP, but waiting on the modular body colored hard top. Wife was on the fence, but she's on board now.

Damn we are going to have to link up, when I get mine next year. I'm a day 2 RSVP, but waiting on the modular body colored hard top. Wife was on the fence, but she's on board now.
For sure.

I really liked the look of the MIC roof with the Wildtrak's black accents.

Wife kinda felt the same way as yours initially, but she's enjoyed driving around every once in a while when I've felt generous :lol:

You can't do the "pick & choose" what goes in. Then it gets ugly. So some cars were dirty. I get what your saying but some cars aren't garaged. Heck, my car isn't in a garage anymore with my wife's nice cars. So I wash it & wax it. If it rains the night before, I make sure to park it away from our back deck and away from trees. The water will just clean it and I can wipe it down. It's a gathering. Some cars may not seem up to some standards, but that's not the point. We're all car people and all cars should be welcome. They already do the splitting of the lot by make, type, etc and some people hate that too.

The thing is, they already do what I am suggesting, just to a smaller extent. They block off the first 2 rows for exotics and even have cones so no one can park in certain spaces. I'm just suggesting they do it for the whole lot.

Also it is no different than having a dress code at an event. If they want to park in the lot, take their car through a car wash. Otherwise, park across the street. I know you don't show up with a dirty car, so I don't know why you are defending people that show up with filthy cars.

The thing is, they already do what I am suggesting, just to a smaller extent. They block off the first 2 rows for exotics and even have cones so no one can park in certain spaces. I'm just suggesting they do it for the whole lot.

Also it is no different than having a dress code at an event. If they want to park in the lot, take their car through a car wash. Otherwise, park across the street. I know you don't show up with a dirty car, so I don't know why you are defending people that show up with filthy cars.

Buddy, this is where we differ. Your equating a cars & coffee to a dress coded formal event?!! Seriously? That alone sounds elitest. As does coning off the entire lot. .

If you cone off the entire lot, are you doing this to allowing entry based on the type of car? Where does that end though? What constitutes being allowed in? This is a cars & coffee casual event, not The Quail during Monterey Car Week! It brings all types of people together for a fun day. And all people mean all types of cars. I mean a Nissan Figaro and Toyota Sera. Two JDM cars you won't see short of Radwood.

Don't take this the wrong way but your sounding like your just mad that you couldn't get in the lot. You had to see it on IG that it was the LAST show of the year, with very favorable weather for this time of the season, so you had to figure it was gonna get crowded fast. Hence why some of us got there early. Do I enjoy getting up at 7 am on a Sunday? Not really but I'm up at 5 to feed our cats, and go back to sleep for a little bit with my alarm set. I do this if I want to find a spot to park at any cars & coffee with limited space.

And about cars being dirty? I mean, what are we talking about? Like mud all along the sides, bird crap everywhere? I didn't see cars like that. If it has a little bit if dust or dirt on the rockets from being driven, so be it. They're driven! That's a good thing. Not every car there is ceramic coated & covered in PPF, to keep dirt from sticking

I don't park my car in a garage anymore (my wife's cars are in there now) so my car sits outside under our deck or on the street in our development. It isn't the purest definitely of clean as it had morning dew & frost on it that morning. But I'm not gonna go around being the clean car police. That's how you lose your welcome real fast. Just get there early, that's all I can tell you. I learned from the first time getting there in July with her Lamborghini. There wasn't much left for spaces in the front but we managed.

Buddy, this is where we differ. Your equating a cars & coffee to a dress coded formal event?!! Seriously? That alone sounds elitest. As does coning off the entire lot. .

If you cone off the entire lot, are you doing this to allowing entry based on the type of car? Where does that end though? What constitutes being allowed in? This is a cars & coffee casual event, not The Quail during Monterey Car Week! It brings all types of people together for a fun day. And all people mean all types of cars. I mean a Nissan Figaro and Toyota Sera. Two JDM cars you won't see short of Radwood.

Don't take this the wrong way but your sounding like your just mad that you couldn't get in the lot. You had to see it on IG that it was the LAST show of the year, with very favorable weather for this time of the season, so you had to figure it was gonna get crowded fast. Hence why some of us got there early. Do I enjoy getting up at 7 am on a Sunday? Not really but I'm up at 5 to feed our cats, and go back to sleep for a little bit with my alarm set. I do this if I want to find a spot to park at any cars & coffee with limited space.

And about cars being dirty? I mean, what are we talking about? Like mud all along the sides, bird crap everywhere? I didn't see cars like that. If it has a little bit if dust or dirt on the rockets from being driven, so be it. They're driven! That's a good thing. Not every car there is ceramic coated & covered in PPF, to keep dirt from sticking

I don't park my car in a garage anymore (my wife's cars are in there now) so my car sits outside under our deck or on the street in our development. It isn't the purest definitely of clean as it had morning dew & frost on it that morning. But I'm not gonna go around being the clean car police. That's how you lose your welcome real fast. Just get there early, that's all I can tell you. I learned from the first time getting there in July with her Lamborghini. There wasn't much left for spaces in the front but we managed.

Ok, this is my last post on this topic and I'm only responding again because I don't like the false accusation of being elitist.

There should be more rules to the event - such as your car should be clean. Perhaps, instead of people rushing to the event to get there so early to take up the first parking spots, they could be washing their car so it is clean first. Just as you would take a shower and iron your clothes before leaving the house for an event. I'm sure everyone can be to events early if they take the lazy way out and get out of bed and leave the house without showering and putting on clean clothes. Rules, laws, etc are not something new to anyone living on this planet. No rules leads to chaos. Just having more rules could make the event better and rather than having everyone crowding over and taking pics of mainly the first 2 rows where they have more rules limiting the cars, they could have the whole lot like that. That's my main point. (That and I am irked by people that cheat, take shortcuts, etc to be first in line)

Ok, this is my last post on this topic and I'm only responding again because I don't like the false accusation of being elitist.

There should be more rules to the event - such as your car should be clean. Perhaps, instead of people rushing to the event to get there so early to take up the first parking spots, they could be washing their car so it is clean first. Just as you would take a shower and iron your clothes before leaving the house for an event. I'm sure everyone can be to events early if they take the lazy way out and get out of bed and leave the house without showering and putting on clean clothes. Rules, laws, etc are not something new to anyone living on this planet. No rules leads to chaos. Just having more rules could make the event better and rather than having everyone crowding over and taking pics of mainly the first 2 rows where they have more rules limiting the cars, they could have the whole lot like that. That's my main point. (That and I am irked by people that cheat, take shortcuts, etc to be first in line)

Buddy, I'm sorry, but your the one who brought up the word "elitist" not me. And frankly, it's not that serious, really!! It's a car & coffee event FOR FUN!! Rushing to the event? You complained that they should limit who can enter before 10am. It doesn't start at 10, it starts at 9 am. And just because it starts at 9 doesn't mean everyone show up at 9. Should everybody show up to a Sixers game at the 7:05 tip off? No, you get there early to get parking. Same here.

You know, you could have just brought your car in after 9am, once people started leaving? Some people only stay for 30-45 minutes and you could grab one that spot?

My buddy didn't get a spot last month. He hung out with me and another friend. When the car next to me left about an hour in, he went to get his car and I held the spot. You could do the same thing.

It's not the lazy way out as you say by getting there early without showering and throwing on dirty clothes. Here's some info for you... some people just get up earlier, so they leave early! Example? I already had my (clean) clothes sitting out the night before. Woke up at 7 am, got showered and dressed, and packed my cooler (which took about 25 minutes). Left my house by 7:45 to meet up with my friends in Phoenixville at 7:50 and 8 am and drove backroads there by 8:30. And at 8:30 the lot was still over half empty. It's no different than getting to a movie without assigned seats. You want an isle seat, last row center, etc, get there early. Getting there early is not "cheating" to get first in line. It's called being prepared.

Not sure where you saying no rules leads to chaos and rules lead to a better event comes from. Last I checked, the event was pretty DARN good, with a huge turnout of cars and spectators. The young guy & his dad do a tremendous job putting this on. What rules would you want to install?

There was no chaos and lots of fun. In regards to making a rule to make people clean their cars to get in? Yeah, not this past Sunday morning. It was still below freezing at 9 am. So making people go wash their cars that morning wouldn't work out too well. I sure some of the water on the cars would start to freeze up being how cold it was. Plus there are really no self serve booth car washes around the immediate area. In the summertime I'm sure more people would wash their cars ahead of time being it's sunny, warmer and nice.

I get it, your upset you didn't get in, but don't try to make rules just to fit your narrative. Sometimes to get something you want (i.e get into a busy car show) you need to do something to help accomplish that feat (like wake up earlier). It's not always about one person.

Idk why people risk their safety & lives brake checking others especially big rigs. What a stupid thing to do. Same thing in the passing lane. People go speed limit or under while hogging the left lane than when a driver going faster than them approaches from behind em they want to stay squatting or brake check them. Either speed up or move out of their way.

B228140E-602A-4EC7-BE26-FC3E059CAAA0.jpeg

That loader I got on weighs more than a normal semi truck alone without the weight of my truck included and I have DRUM brakes. :rofl:

I don’t even drive slow. 5-10 over in the center lane and dudes still are just pissed at the sight of me.

Buddy, I'm sorry, but your the one who brought up the word "elitist" not me. And frankly, it's not that serious, really!! It's a car & coffee event FOR FUN!! Rushing to the event? You complained that they should limit who can enter before 10am. It doesn't start at 10, it starts at 9 am. And just because it starts at 9 doesn't mean everyone show up at 9. Should everybody show up to a Sixers game at the 7:05 tip off? No, you get there early to get parking. Same here.

You know, you could have just brought your car in after 9am, once people started leaving? Some people only stay for 30-45 minutes and you could grab one that spot?

My buddy didn't get a spot last month. He hung out with me and another friend. When the car next to me left about an hour in, he went to get his car and I held the spot. You could do the same thing.

It's not the lazy way out as you say by getting there early without showering and throwing on dirty clothes. Here's some info for you... some people just get up earlier, so they leave early! Example? I already had my (clean) clothes sitting out the night before. Woke up at 7 am, got showered and dressed, and packed my cooler (which took about 25 minutes). Left my house by 7:45 to meet up with my friends in Phoenixville at 7:50 and 8 am and drove backroads there by 8:30. And at 8:30 the lot was still over half empty. It's no different than getting to a movie without assigned seats. You want an isle seat, last row center, etc, get there early. Getting there early is not "cheating" to get first in line. It's called being prepared.

Not sure where you saying no rules leads to chaos and rules lead to a better event comes from. Last I checked, the event was pretty DARN good, with a huge turnout of cars and spectators. The young guy & his dad do a tremendous job putting this on. What rules would you want to install?

There was no chaos and lots of fun. In regards to making a rule to make people clean their cars to get in? Yeah, not this past Sunday morning. It was still below freezing at 9 am. So making people go wash their cars that morning wouldn't work out too well. I sure some of the water on the cars would start to freeze up being how cold it was. Plus there are really no self serve booth car washes around the immediate area. In the summertime I'm sure more people would wash their cars ahead of time being it's sunny, warmer and nice.

I get it, your upset you didn't get in, but don't try to make rules just to fit your narrative. Sometimes to get something you want (i.e get into a busy car show) you need to do something to help accomplish that feat (like wake up earlier). It's not always about one person.

Ok man, I'm done. (Virtual handshake)

I'll catch up with you one of these days in the Spring.

PS, you keep the Mustang clean though. 😂

On a more fun note, here are pics from the last Cars & Coffee on the Mainline! Totally packed! Nuts. But we'll worth getting up at 7 am to get there by 8:30.
There’s a pretty popular oc cars and coffee out here I been meaning to go but it’s too damn early at 9am :lol:

man I used to hit that South OC Cars & Coffee and it turned into a beast of a meet over a few short months, used to bring my drop top 5.0 and my Benz there
Used to have to leave my crib at 6:30/7 from Irvine to San Clemente, just to go wait for them to let people park at 9, or else you get the booty *** parking or not even get to park at all
So many crazy whips any/everything you can think of, too many ballers in OC :lol:

Back
Top Bottom