\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Mom got her X today, i got to drive it first. A needed update for the X, amazing car

Attachments

• 1BEEC4A6-C162-4565-AB7C-AD9238BC902F.jpeg
    1BEEC4A6-C162-4565-AB7C-AD9238BC902F.jpeg
    243.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 387E6380-C0FD-4735-AF9F-0B4E05AA340F.jpeg
    387E6380-C0FD-4735-AF9F-0B4E05AA340F.jpeg
    606.9 KB · Views: 94
Did they specify why it failed? I wonder if it's a communications error like it was when I took my car in recently. Sometimes the system doesn't communicate with the OBD properly. If it's something as simple as that just drive it around for 15-20 miles & all sensors & systems will be ready.
It is the sensors...o2 and catalyst. I've put about 300 miles on it since it failed. They're still in a "not ready" status.

It has been modified with race converters etc, so there's still a chance it may fail after sensors kick over to ready status.

In the event that this is the case, the dealer is trying to pawn it off on me as my responsibility.

My question is, if it's my responsibility, why am I paying the license fees to the dealer in the first place? Refund me that 800+ bucks and I'll take care of it myself. Right?

I believe it will pass after the sensors are ready. Problem is, now the dealership is playing hardball with DMV fees etc.

Had a similar problem with one of my c63’s I bought used out of state like 8 years ago. Turns out it had a tune that had turned some of the monitors off so they never went into the ready state. Had to get someone to tune it again to turn the sensors back on, drive around until they were all ready, and then immediately go get emissions done before the check engine light came on. I have a feeling you’re in the same predicament since you’ve driven over 300 miles and they’re still not ready.

As far as the dealer…I think you’re outta luck. As far as I know, they only have to make sure the car can pass inspection and be registered in the state they’re located in. You may be able to convince them to offer you some sort of compensation as goodwill, but I’d guess it’s not very likely as you’re probably a one time customer for them.

only complaint I have about the 2017 sq5 is no apple car play and the tire selection is straight trash for the stock wheels but it’s been reliable and pretty quick.

Had a similar problem with one of my c63’s I bought used out of state like 8 years ago. Turns out it had a tune that had turned some of the monitors off so they never went into the ready state. Had to get someone to tune it again to turn the sensors back on, drive around until they were all ready, and then immediately go get emissions done before the check engine light came on. I have a feeling you’re in the same predicament since you’ve driven over 300 miles and they’re still not ready.

As far as the dealer…I think you’re outta luck. As far as I know, they only have to make sure the car can pass inspection and be registered in the state they’re located in. You may be able to convince them to offer you some sort of compensation as goodwill, but I’d guess it’s not very likely as you’re probably a one time customer for them.
I think you're right. I know all my sensors are still in place, but the tune turned them off. I think with a new tune it will be ok. I don't even think the check engine light will come on. Be we will see.

Last edited:
I think you're right. I know all my sensors are still in place, but the tune turned them off. I think with a new time it will be ok. I don't even think the check engine light will come on. Be we will see.

I would imagine they only turned them off because whatever mods the car has were making the check engine light come on. Otherwise I don’t see why they would bother turning them off. Shouldn’t be a big deal. Hopefully you can flash back to stock or something and then once you pass emissions, you can flash back to the tune if you want to.

I had a pretty small window between when all my monitors finally were all ready and before the check engine light would come on. Just be driving around constantly checking all the monitors and be ready to swing to a test spot asap.

Still my baby but if all goes as planned looking to trade her in for a Hellcat later this year
Put my order in 3/21 they assigned a VIN 3/28
Salesman said it’s usually 4-8 weeks, manger said might be 6 months due to it being what it is. I tried to pick the least amount of options to well keep cost down but more importantly get it sooner hopefully.

For guys owners or people that have driven them while I know there’s an 232hp bump. Are there any other noticeable differences? What has been your experience.

52D32267-52DD-4A84-AACE-6DF596E133AD.jpeg
C3B55EF0-6A9A-4738-9CF8-EED4E8BB02B2.jpeg

Still my baby but if all goes as planned looking to trade her in for a Hellcat later this year
Salesman said it’s usually 4-8 weeks, manger said might be 6 months due to it being what it is. I tried to pick the least amount of options to well keep cost down but more importantly get it sooner hopefully.

For guys owners or people that have driven them while I know there’s an 232hp bump. Are there any other noticeable differences? What has been your experience.
I don't own a hellcat but I can tell you that you should expect your gonna be filling up twice as often and be going through tires and brakes much quicker.

congrats! what color did you go with

Team Mopar looking goood 🔥 . There's the hp increase like you mentioned & I believe the Hellcats get a tighter suspension with adjustable dampers. Idk if that can be optioned on the Scats now like you can the 6 piston Brembos by adding the Dynamics Package. The Hellcat comes with a more bolstered steering wheel that can be finished in suede and also features an illuminated SRT logo + the red Engine Start button. Leather & materials are pretty much the same on both. Congrats on the Kitty- you went with narrow or widebody?

new wheels finally, 18x9 in the front, 19x9.5 in rear
this weekend she going back in for more upgrades, injectors, chip, intercooler, heater core, dual fans etc, pockets like :sick::sick::sick:
after that comes suspension 😅

IMG_1098.JPG

IMG_1099.JPG
Every time you drive this, you’re getting love from everyone huh?

Every time you drive this, you’re getting love from everyone huh?

lol yea man theres ALWAYS a story, esp from the older cats, "I used to have one..." "I used to race against these all the time..." "I always loved these.." it never fails :lol:
the funniest ones are from non-car people just tryna give props, so far I've gotten, Nice Monte Carlo, Yea bro I love Hurst/Olds, my neighbor was like oh I love your Impala :lol: and a new one being nice Continental :lol: :smh:

new wheels finally, 18x9 in the front, 19x9.5 in rear
this weekend she going back in for more upgrades, injectors, chip, intercooler, heater core, dual fans etc, pockets like :sick::sick::sick:
after that comes suspension 😅

IMG_1098.JPG

IMG_1099.JPG
I own or have owned a wide body hellcat charger Daytona, a GTR etc...

When I drive the grand natty, that's when people ready turn their head.

Last edited:
I went for a widebody.
I was looking around and for the price I told myself I do better just ordering it really. Some “decent” prices but I’m not a big fan of buying used for that particular car.

Team Mopar looking goood 🔥 . There's the hp increase like you mentioned & I believe the Hellcats get a tighter suspension with adjustable dampers. Idk if that can be optioned on the Scats now like you can the 6 piston Brembos by adding the Dynamics Package. The Hellcat comes with a more bolstered steering wheel that can be finished in suede and also features an illuminated SRT logo + the red Engine Start button. Leather & materials are pretty much the same on both. Congrats on the Kitty- you went with narrow or widebody?

Back
Top Bottom