\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Loving the drastic increase in the number of Teslas on the thread. The price talk is interesting. Its crazy cause yall are late and can still profit

I paid just under $65k for my MYP
Order the same spec today and it would be $71k

My parents paid $106k for their MX
Order the same spec today for $135k

I think they paid about 130k for MS Plaid
Order the same spec today for $157k

Wild

This is the benefit of direct to consumer pricing models.

no franchise dealer would let you take home any car once the manufacturer raised the price.

But man, you guys would laugh if you saw what I paid for my Y Long Range.

I bought the reservation off some guy who ordered in 2020 and never picked up.

casper90403 casper90403
Got quite a bit, my guy is in Chino
3m matte dark gray
Satin black on the pillars
Full limo tint, 70% windshield
Calipers
Emblems
Ceramic coat
$3400

wear rare airs wear rare airs thats funny you say that, been seeing the Y LR up to 75K, kinda wanna flip it and get a X

4runner was such a great car to me, brand new eibach suspension and even had rear airbags but the 11mpg was becoming a turn off, passing smog (visual) was always an issue to due to a CAI i had in it.
F9623674-2C99-4CC7-8452-916E9E041BD0.jpeg
damn, that sounds like a good deal. Is that the homie price? PM me details if you can.

I’m kinda salty I didn’t pull the trigger on an MX before the price hike. I’m looking into maybe getting one as a company/business vehicle 🤔

Not all Porsche dealers are created equal. Higher volume dealers only will get allocations. The smaller your dealership the worse off you are (contrary to popular belief). During the hurricane in Louisiana last year I called the flooded ones hoping they would deal—and surprisingly basically none of them were even given an allocation, let alone for a Touring or PTS.

Used luxury car dealers are outbidding the Everyman for these cars. And dealers are selling the cars to them instead.

It’s not impossible, but it’s highly unlikely. GT3s have been over sticker since 2008, it’s nothing new. Even with your Taycan you don’t really stand a chance.

The best possible scenario is you have a 991.2 GT3 or GT3RS and you agree to trade it in to the dealer and also pay a small mark up. They take your money, plus screw you on the trade and mark your used car up to high heaven.

You might have a shot on a 911 Turbo.

I’ve been chasing one now for 7 years. I’m pretty much ready to skip the phase altogether and get a Ferrari now.

Wow, that's insane. Sad you've been trying for so long with no success yet. But you know Ferrari isn't any better. They may actually be worse. What Ferrari are you trying for? I'm guessing a new one?

Because one can't walk in, as a new client and just get a F8 or 812 brand new ordered to spec. Maybe a used one. They'll be happy to sell you a Portofino or the new Roma (yawn). Get a Lamborghini. You can walk in and easily order a V10 when they were available (the Evo orders are done. The STO is still available from want I hear albeit it a long wait, and the Technica is getting revealed next Tuesday. (the Evo replacement)

My wife is on the list for info on a Huracan Technica, to at least spec one out when pricing becomes available (the Evo RWD was tempting as it starts at just over $200k but they ended production). Probably won't do it, but will go in to build one to see what it would run when the time comes. It's a shame buying these cars is not as much fun as it seems.

Not sure what’s more difficult to get a stainless steel Rolex or a gt
That’s funny - I’m currently waiting on a Daytona too. Two tone though.

When I say we have a great relationship - the SA is a client of my family’s business. It’s not simply because I bought a car.

When I bought the Taycan I actually spent some time talking about it with dealer. He says he gets calls all of the time from guys all over the world offering $100k over MSRP for GT3 allocations and has to decide between selling local or taking the cash and moving someone local further back on the list. Didn’t sound like getting on the list itself was an issue - just gotta be willing to wait. Consensus seems to be that if I can get on the list, I should do it. Am admittedly naive on this topic, but have money and like to make moves.

Last edited:
Exactly. Much simple than my long winded post, lol! 😂. Same with Ferrari. Yeah, your not buying a new 812 or SF90 or F8. But they will be happy to sell you a new Portofino or Roma. Buy those and then MAYBE they'll let you buy one of the high end cars.

McLaren & Lamborghini are much easier to get stuff. You can honestly walk into a Lamborghini store and order an STO (when orders were being taken, which I believe are still able to be done. Now, the Sian, or new Countach are a different matter. But even the SVJ was easy to get when they were able to be ordered.

Wow, that's insane. Sad you've been trying for so long with no success yet. But you know Ferrari isn't any better. They may actually be worse. What Ferrari are you trying for? I'm guessing a new one?

Because one can't walk in, as a new client and just get a F8 or 812 brand new ordered to spec. Maybe a used one. They'll be happy to sell you a Portofino or the new Roma (yawn). Get a Lamborghini. You can walk in and easily order a V10 when they were available (the Evo orders are done. The STO is still available from want I hear albeit it a long wait, and the Technica is getting revealed next Tuesday. (the Evo replacement)

My wife is on the list for info on a Huracan Technica, to at least spec one out when pricing becomes available (the Evo RWD was tempting as it starts at just over $200k but they ended production). Probably won't do it, but will go in to build one to see what it would run when the time comes. It's a shame buying these cars is not as much fun as it seems.

Jay Leno said this is the exact reason he doesn't own any Ferrari. He likes them, but he doesn't like the whole "cool club" approach they have. I think he said something like "Why do I have to buy two of the crappy cars just to buy one of the nice ones?" Lol.

Not all Porsche dealers are created equal. Higher volume dealers only will get allocations. The smaller your dealership the worse off you are (contrary to popular belief). During the hurricane in Louisiana last year I called the flooded ones hoping they would deal—and surprisingly basically none of them were even given an allocation, let alone for a Touring or PTS.

Used luxury car dealers are outbidding the Everyman for these cars. And dealers are selling the cars to them instead.

It’s not impossible, but it’s highly unlikely. GT3s have been over sticker since 2008, it’s nothing new. Even with your Taycan you don’t really stand a chance.

The best possible scenario is you have a 991.2 GT3 or GT3RS and you agree to trade it in to the dealer and also pay a small mark up. They take your money, plus screw you on the trade and mark your used car up to high heaven.

You might have a shot on a 911 Turbo.

I’ve been chasing one now for 7 years. I’m pretty much ready to skip the phase altogether and get a Ferrari now.
How many dealerships would you estimate you have contacted? Had you purchased a Porsche previously?

my pops wants to get a tesla how they holding up? value/maintenance wise
im on the fence maybe because i dont pay much attn to them.

How many dealerships would you estimate you have contacted? Had you purchased a Porsche previously?
I have two Porsche dealers near me. A larger owned one and a smaller firm (family owned) the family owned will do MSRP on a Taycan or Macan for locals and returning customers. The larger one wants 10k markup for returning customers. YMMV

I’ve bought multiple Porsches from both. Just waiting on the EV Macan to drop a deposit

I do love lamborghini's, hell, I love all cars pretty much. But particularly the Huracan--I have 2 close friends that own them and I am not trying to be the third haha. I am in a strange situation now where my client's husband is the GM of one of the most well known-largest ferrari dealerships. I am not expecting a new Tailor Made or anything but just a nice used one that I can afford.
That’s funny - I’m currently waiting on a Daytona too. Two tone though.

When I say we have a great relationship - the SA is a client of my family’s business. It’s not simply because I bought a car.

When I bought the Taycan I actually spent some time talking about it with dealer. He says he gets calls all of the time from guys all over the world offering $100k over MSRP for GT3 allocations and has to decide between selling local or taking the cash and moving someone local further back on the list. Didn’t sound like getting on the list itself was an issue - just gotta be willing to wait. Consensus seems to be that if I can get on the list, I should do it. Am admittedly naive on this topic, but have money and like to make moves.

Haha that's a similar situation for me going into Ferrari. My client's husband is the GM of a top 3 Ferrari dealer in the nation, and i've been treating her exceptionally in the hopes that I can get first dibs on any recent trades that might come in.

I am on my 3rd Porsche. Technically 4th because I negotiated my bros Carrera 4s for him. I have pretty much come to grips that I am keeping my Targa 4 GTS for the long haul and it will likely be a family heirloom.

As for the Daytona TT, the wait won't be that long. They released some new documentation that they are now trying to focus on attaining newer clientele and not old customers that will buy anything Rolex makes.

IMG_2076.jpeg

Jay Leno said this is the exact reason he doesn't own any Ferrari. He likes them, but he doesn't like the whole "cool club" approach they have. I think he said something like "Why do I have to buy two of the crappy cars just to buy one of the nice ones?" Lol.

It's totally BS, if you ask me.

I remember reading a story many years ago of a young professional in Toronto area. He got a huge promotion and could finally afford his dream car. He wanted to order a new 458. He walked into the local Ferrari dealer and inquired about doing so, and they basically told him, without a prior purchase history with the brand, your not able to order a new 458. Then he was told to buy a pre-owned California and keep it for a while then he could upgrade to a new California and so on. He was not interested.

So he went across the street to McLaren (it was when they had already came out with the 12C and the 650 was I think out at the time or close to it. He told them what he wanted and they told him, no problem. So he ordered a brand new McLaren, built to his specifications and he never looked at Ferrari again. Stayed with McLaren for other models. Always stuck with me.

These manufacturers and dealers are acting like they are doing the customer a favor by allowing them to spend their money at said manufacturer's dealership. It's so skewed. Thankfully the local Lamborghini dealer is so laid back and cool and encouraged her to leave he name for the Technica, even if she doesn't buy it. To sit and build one, would be an experience in itself and she's really looking forward to doing that. McLaren is the same and now that they bought the local Ferrari dealership, they may be the same too. Though she doesn't like the F8 and would LOVE a 458 had the prices not skyrocketed.

Last edited:
I do love lamborghini's, hell, I love all cars pretty much. But particularly the Huracan--I have 2 close friends that own them and I am not trying to be the third haha. I am in a strange situation now where my client's husband is the GM of one of the most well known-largest ferrari dealerships. I am not expecting a new Tailor Made or anything but just a nice used one that I can afford.

Haha that's a similar situation for me going into Ferrari. My client's husband is the GM of a top 3 Ferrari dealer in the nation, and i've been treating her exceptionally in the hopes that I can get first dibs on any recent trades that might come in.

I am on my 3rd Porsche. Technically 4th because I negotiated my bros Carrera 4s for him. I have pretty much come to grips that I am keeping my Targa 4 GTS for the long haul and it will likely be a family heirloom.

As for the Daytona TT, the wait won't be that long. They released some new documentation that they are now trying to focus on attaining newer clientele and not old customers that will buy anything Rolex makes.

IMG_2076.jpeg

Funny - my thought was that if somehow I could flip the GT3, I would use the extra cash on a Targa. Love driving the Taycan, but wish I could drop the top, or at least open the sun roof. Hope to grab one regardless when my kids are a little older. Beautiful car.

my pops wants to get a tesla how they holding up? value/maintenance wise
im on the fence maybe because i dont pay much attn to them.
I posted this yesterday. They hold their value very well. No maintenance

Attachments

• 6DA65449-B7C7-4527-A5EF-6746B998D108.png
    6DA65449-B7C7-4527-A5EF-6746B998D108.png
    295.2 KB · Views: 315
If i had the bread, id have a hard time deciding between a Model S Plaid or a Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo.

I think the Porsche is the better looking car and way more customizable obviously

Both the Taycan and E-Tron GT are equally fantastic looking.

my work neighbor just scooped this Benz up. Gonna ask him about it next time I see him.

61899B61-7FAD-479E-97E9-620A83899825.jpeg

That parking job he did, he gon have a field day reversing out. And those spaces being too close together. Are these assigned spots? Change asap. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom