\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

YouTube algorithm knew I'd get a kick out of this recommended video...turns out it was right :lol:. Some of these Mopar drivers out there are straight 🤡 lmao. 1:38 & 2:56 were my 2 favorites :rofl:Absolute morons!

Anyone else experience this? Bought my RC 350 brand new in ‘17. My rear brake pads practically have no wear on them. Already on my 4th set for the fronts including the ones that came with the car. Was hearing a rear squeak last week and thought they finally wore down. Nope. Think the brake dust shield was hitting up against the rotor.

Currently at 56k miles.

This one is the end all of markups on the new Z06
Screenshot_20221221-211544.png

This is just so INSANELY IDIOTICALLY ****ING STUPID!! 🤬🤬🤬 2 people are at fault. First, Volo should be lambasted for this. You want to mark it up some, good for you. I'm not a fan but whatever. But this much? Outright larceny. 2. There will be some absolutely moronic dope who will pay this amount to have one now. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ And he'll be proud to do it.

Just think of the cars you could buy for this $$$ Easily a Ferrari 458 (the car this benchmarked, though it's a 12 year old car. Way to go GM, you beat a Ferrari that had this engine in 2010 👏👏🤦🏻‍♂️) and have plenty left for a regular C8. Or a Huracan Performante. And quite possibly an STO if it isn't overly optioned. Just stupid!

Oh, and I'll just go ahead and say it, don't be surprised if, in time, that there will be "issues" with the motor in the Z06. There is a reason flat-plane crank motors never went above 5 liters (why Ferrari kept it down). Excessive NVH and oil consumption. There are plenty of stories of GT350s needing new motors due to excessive oil consumption. Heck, my client I sold one to (brand new) is on his 3rd motor and he NEVER tracked it. Can't as it's a 2016 without the track pack. He drives it around town to car shows. Just bad motors. 😞 It's gonna happen in the Vette, just wait.
Below is an interesting technical article on the Flat plane motor design and specifically a comparison between the GM and Ford conclusions

In summary-the Ford motor had some inherent design restrictions vs the GM motor (which, and this must be said for context) has has a lot of development via motorsport vs it’s Dearborn equivalent.

Saw a granny pulling up in one of these earlier in the supermarket parking lot 🔥. Her head was barely above the steering wheel :lol:
20221227_112617.jpg
It was probably Paw Paw’s and he passed, but she wants to feel like he’s still there with her. She probably still lines it up at a red light and hopes someone dares her, bless her heart. None of this is true, but could be.

It was probably Paw Paw’s and he passed, but she wants to feel like he’s still there with her. She probably still lines it up at a red light and hopes someone dares her, bless her heart. None of this is true, but could be.
Never thought about it that way but it's def possible. Expanding on someone daring her...she had the street racer look in her eyes :wink:. She was looking for parking & I was exiting the lot or else she would've been challenged by this 3 liter 26 years old Nissan & all the 150 badass horses it's packin 🤣.

Total difference in quality right there. 👍👍

Polestars look good. That coupe & convertible they showed were stunning.

polestar-02-02.jpg
download (43).jpeg

It’s brand new. Had 99 miles on it. So far built like a tank. Impressive. Actually pretty spacious and good cargo room.

They actually had Polestar 1s to rent. Wish I had time and was by myself to try it.

Now the charging experience is whole nother conversation lol.

65D6C578-BC32-4B74-B8B0-2DA921102747.jpeg

Everyone I know with a matte car complains about how annoying it is to maintain.

You just can’t daily it unless you clear wrap the whole car. Even putting gas in gives me anxiety. And if it gets hit good luck with getting it matched.

You just can’t daily it unless you clear wrap the whole car. Even putting gas in gives me anxiety. And if it gets hit good luck with getting it matched.
I forgot how annoying a black car is, I used to wash my pearl white once a month, now i'm back to weekly washes, and these mobile detailers charging like 50$ for mediocre washes, so looks like i'm about to be a car wash pro. :lol:

It’s brand new. Had 99 miles on it. So far built like a tank. Impressive. Actually pretty spacious and good cargo room.

They actually had Polestar 1s to rent. Wish I had time and was by myself to try it.

Now the charging experience is whole nother conversation lol.

65D6C578-BC32-4B74-B8B0-2DA921102747.jpeg

Polestar 1 is a STUNNING car. Really beautiful design.

Went the German EV route.
2023 Etron Sportback S
anyone got a Good electric pressure washer recommendation?
trontint.jpg

How much do you want to spend on a pressure washer? Truthfully, (and some may loathe this), but I bought mine at Harbor Freight. The Portland electric. Have had it going on 3 years this spring and it's been FLAWLESS!! Paid $79.99 for it (on sale from $99.99). Saw it in store recently at $69.99. Not sure if it was a sale, but it's worth every penny.

Washed my deck flooring, back garage door, and I use it almost weekly to wash all our cars. I can't recommend it enough. Yeah, you can pay $300-$600 for a good one, or even more for a high end Krenzle, but unless your a professional derailer, who will use it daily, it's not worth it. What I did, was upgrade the pieces. That's where the money should go. Stock hose is junk. As is the way it connects. Bought quick connects for water in & water out on the machine and on my hose from the spigot. Then went to MTM and got a Cobra 50' hose and the Hydro short trigger gun and extension wand.

These short guns make washing so much easier than the long necks when washing cars. Then I went and bought the PF22.2 Snow Cannon. Incredible amount of foam. Now I see the difference between Amazon $30 guns and a $90 gun. Makes cleaning cars a breeze. I'll throw in some links of the accessory kit I got. They sell out but usually restock. For the $$, I love my setup.

The kit to get. You get everything needed to upgrade a PW.

The pressure washer. Some will say it's not strong enough. You don't need some crazy amount of PSI to wash a car. Too much can actually damage the paint and or take off decals cars come with. This has been perfect washing our cars. And with cars that have PPF you shouldn't put a ton of pressure on the film anyway. This is a good setup for weekly or biweekly car washes.

Good luck. 👍👍

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom